Could the HTC M7 be the next Evo??

Search This thread

ryanalan82

Oct 4, 2008
Even with tomorrow's specs, it might not be what the next eVo will be. We just have to wait n see. Last yr we got the best device that came out, period. This phone is still a beast, still. The sgs3 is not the end all b all phone. My main deal breaker with the next phone is processor, screen, expandable memory. Either s600 or s800 is great, not looking forward to any other chip, especially not the octo core. The screen, well all new And would like to have a 128gb sd in it as well. will have 1080p now. But again, our eVo vs sgs3, screen wise, eVo won that too. I chose correctly again as what I deam phone of the yr for 3 yrs in a row. If HTC+ Sprint bang just the right way, they will shoot out something that tops all again. But I'm sure though it won't be marketed the correct way or be the top seller.

Swyped from my eVo

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
Even with tomorrow's specs, it might not be what the next eVo will be. We just have to wait n see. Last yr we got the best device that came out, period. This phone is still a beast, still. The sgs3 is not the end all b all phone. My main deal breaker with the next phone is processor, screen, expandable memory. Either s600 or s800 is great, not looking forward to any other chip, especially not the octo core. The screen, well all new And would like to have a 128gb sd in it as well. will have 1080p now. But again, our eVo vs sgs3, screen wise, eVo won that too. I chose correctly again as what I deam phone of the yr for 3 yrs in a row. If HTC+ Sprint bang just the right way, they will shoot out something that tops all again. But I'm sure though it won't be marketed the correct way or be the top seller.

Swyped from my eVo

I bet if the phone came s-off it will sale more than Huawei this time lmao

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Just finished watching the Livestream from London's announcement. It'll be out in Mid-March on Sprint and T-Mobile for $199 on-contract. 32GB model, and no expandable storage. Probably gonna wait for the next EVO to come out. This phone is sick though.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

To add as well. I don't think the 800 SoC is being offered because next year, HTC will want to release a new phone that people will buy. The 800 might relevant still next year because it's faster and can keep up. They're pacing it so they can keep sales driving.

Jeffrey4Free

Jan 11, 2013
Ontario
No Multitasking Button just a Home And a Back Button

HBOOT 2.09
TWRP 2.4.1.0
MeanBean 3.0 (Current)
CM10.1 (Previous)

-Galaxy Note II (Titanium Gray)
Stock :(

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium

Kanes_Inferno

Jul 13, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Also, NO SD CARD SLOT. I REPEAT, NO SD CARD SLOT. It Will Be Available In 32 GB & 64 GB Models. :( Damnit HTC, Y'all ****ed Up.

sent from my EVO LTE on the XDA app because Tapatalk hates me -__-

Matter of opinion. I'd take 32GB internal storage and the great metal body with no plastic or other removable materials over an SD Card. The EVO LTE is great and all but I'd love for that plastic top on the back to be full metal, and trade my sd card slot for more internal memory. Especially since android seems to be limiting more and more what you can put on the sd card.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

bayp4amd

May 12, 2011
No Multitasking Button just a Home And a Back Button

HBOOT 2.09
TWRP 2.4.1.0
MeanBean 3.0 (Current)
CM10.1 (Previous)

-Galaxy Note II (Titanium Gray)
Stock :(

Sent from my EVO LTE using XDA Premium

Long press back will take to the task manager/recent apps (gsmarena)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

grrmisfit

Jun 15, 2010
st. louis
Matter of opinion. I'd take 32GB internal storage and the great metal body with no plastic or other removable materials over an SD Card. The EVO LTE is great and all but I'd love for that plastic top on the back to be full metal, and trade my sd card slot for more internal memory. Especially since android seems to be limiting more and more what you can put on the sd card.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

body looks dont mean a whole lot to me since it sits inside an otterbox anyways but i love having an SD slot just for the option to be there.. i was hoping like the evo sprint would get them to put one in their version but it doesnt look like it. my question is this.. will the new One be the jumping ship excuse for a lot of people now?

CrazyTechnoBoy

Jul 10, 2010
Denver
I don't know about you guys, but I am blown away by this phone. The phone is absolutely gorgeous and specs are amazing! Nothing about the phone has disappointed me, and I can't wait to see what xda's developers will offer for this phone. :)

Reactions: Kanes_Inferno

MrSteez

Dec 21, 2012
Flagstaff
Anybody else really disappointed about that stupid BlinkFeed crap? I love HTC and I always have but seriously? Its like they're trying to reinvent the wheel and make their own strange mashup operating system when Android has come so far to where it is today. They just need to stick to the standard Android format. When I saw that Feed thing and how they're marketing it as the "new homescreen" I got really annnoyed. I don't want a Windows Phone panel on my Android homescreen if I wanted that I'd buy the HTC Windows Phone coming to Spring this year.....

Its like they turned this phone into some king of smartphone orgy mashup with the iPhone 5/BlackBerry Z10 design and the Android/Windows Phone 8 Operating System. I may end up getting it just try see how I like it but so far I'm just disappointed. Plus those damn haptic buttons are so ridiculous looking and I will never understand their intentions with changing them.

KHoff

Sep 24, 2010
Not really a fan of the BlinkFeed screen either, but I would hope you'd be able to remove it from your homescreens.

Other than that I don't have any complaints. I really like the front speakers, no more cupping your hands behind the rear speaker when watching a video! I won't be selling my LTEvo to get it though.

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
To everyone saying they'll wait until the next gen EVO, has one even been confirmed? HTC has scaled back their models to focus on quality over quantity, and last year the EVO LTE was basically the Sprint variant of the global One X release in the One-lineup. To me the HTC One is the final step in integrating models further. This would be great for them as they can focus hardware and software development on fewer devices and benefit them financially with resources being used far more efficiently, and hopefully get us updates sooner rather than later. Unless I missed the info on a new EVO I think you guys shouldn't hold your breath.

As for this device, once again HTC has grabbed me by the collar when my eyes have started wandering toward a stock Android phone. Sure I'm disappointed by them nixing the SD slot as I was when we lost swappable battery, no wireless charging option, and the fact that it'll launch with 4.1 instead of 4.2, but the pros far outweigh the cons. The biggest reason why I haven't stuck with AOSP ROMs is because it doesn't match the camera functionality of Sense ROMs, and now that functionality gap has grown to where it's even less likely that I'll use an AOSP ROM. The Sense TV app with IR blaster... hell yeah. I already love the wifi apps that control my Denon receiver and Dune media player, just needed IR to control my TV. Bye bye flimsy plastic backing that made my hair stand on end afraid of it snapping in half, it's nice to get something durable. HTC has, as it appears for now, manned up and included impressive specs as well as improved the additional features that set themselves apart from other phones. Unless there really is a new EVO on the way or a Samsung that would have to blow me away then it looks like this will e my next device.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Not really a fan of the BlinkFeed screen either, but I would hope you'd be able to remove it from your homescreens.

Other than that I don't have any complaints. I really like the front speakers, no more cupping your hands behind the rear speaker when watching a video! I won't be selling my LTEvo to get it though.

BlinkFeed is optional :good:

Reactions: Riff76

KaoMinerva

Sep 8, 2011
Memphis, TN
Last strike for me bro... I'm going to have to see what the beast Samsung has in store. Htc is ruining devices and I doubt there will be an evo this year... THIS BLOWS

Reactions: klbjr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    klbjr, Im going to break up your statement into sections and throw my opinion into it. Hopefully this will give some insight to others as to why HTC is doing what they are doing. Not that I know why they do it, but I try to understand them.

"I understand HTC's reason in wanting to have one device across all carriers"

Great, we have some common ground here.

"It's just that this phone isn't gonna be the one to get them back in the game."

We dont know this for sure, you are just speculating. The phone has not even released. We will find out a month or so after the phone releases. For HTC's sake I hope you are wrong.

"The game changing device would've been a cross between the DNA and this one. 5 in, 1080p, Sense 5, stereo speakers, S600, 13MP or higher camera with what ever software it is that they are hyping up for the One, wireless charging, you can make it uni body and still throw in a 3,100 mah battery, and a microSd slot on the side."

This is what you and people who understand the specs want. Sadly this makes up a very small percentage of consumers. Reason why the iPhone is popular is because apple advertises the features not the specs just like samsung does. Consumers just want their phones to look good and work. Only die hard tech geeks would know the difference in the specs and once again that is a small percentage of consumers.

"Release that on all the carriers and hype it to hell and that would've been a phone to be reckoned with."

While I agree with your statement, if the competition releases a phone with similar specs of the One and the price is similar then I believe HTC One will do just fine in the market as long as its advertised properly. Now lets say HTC did release a phone with a bigger screen, more ram, better processors, 8 cores, etc... This will set them apart from the competition, but at what cost. They would have to sell this phone slightly more expensive if not they wouldnt make much money on it. And its all about the money. Ford outsold Ferrari (units sold), why? Even though Ferrari have better engines and their built quality is beyond Ford's, Ford's vehicles are cheaper and meant for the common consumer. Same applies to the mobile industry. If you look at android sales, the majority of sales are from small companies with less expensive phones. So with this in mind HTC cant go all out on a device, at least not at this point in time. We may see what you and others are looking for later on in the year when other companies start throwing those kind of specs into a phone as well

"It has enough to pull folks who was either looking at the Note 2 or the GS4. I know if I knew that was coming out there is no way in hell I would've just bought this Note 2."

Yes the device you describes has that potential, but so does the HTC One. Again it comes down to how HTC advertises it. Another thing is, the common consumer does not look into what is going to get released a few months down the road. They look at what is available in the now.

Some of you might ask how i know what the common consumer wants. If someone like me who has never worked for a company like HTC has the means to do the research and analyze the data on previous years sales, imagine the resources a company like HTC has. I'm more than sure they have spent a good amount of money on research and analyses in order to provide the best device they can provide at this point in time to outsell the competition. The rest is up to their advertising team.

I apologize for the long post and I mean no disrespect to anyone by this. I'm just trying to shed some light as to why the HTC One is not what a lot of you expected it to be and why it is the device HTC needs right now.
    All they had to ****ing do was listen to the damn devs. All we wanted was

Removeable Battery (Optional)
    3 ****ing Buttons (Instead of 2)
    Bigger Screen (I did)
    SD SUPPORT
    Water proof/Dust Proof/Scratch Proof
    2500+ battery

God HTC... WHY!? The EVO brand does not deserve to be EOL because of this.

For all you Samsung bashers... Watch how they blow out HTC. I surmise the s4 might even have 4gb of ram lmao. Samsung has the balls to give the customers what we want...

I hope to the lord there is an evo so I won't have to leave GayTC

Calm down Kao...lol

-Not gonna have removable battery so let it rest...
    -you can do everything with the 2 buttons you can with the 3 so stop crying please... Double tap home brings multitasking according to engadget and I'd assume you can map two functions to the back button as well...
    -they released One device today...wait and see as I bet the next is your 5in S800...
    -SD is nice but Google pushing more and more to do away with it, and with 64GB you should be mostly ok...might have to adjust some but not much... Got SOFF on those non sd card devices anyway so it isn't impossible anymore...
    -waterproof? Stop dropping your phone in toilets..
    -willing to see what the performance battery life is, but I woulda like to seen higher...not bad though...

The camera is sick btw, did you overlook it? Don't point out all the negatives without the positives bud....

Enjoy your plastic sammy. The evo community will deeply miss you. :)

Willing to bet a ban on that?

Let me guess, you're expecting octo exynos? Already confirmed they are using the s600 clocked at 1.9. And again with 2gigs of ram. What else are you expecting? And what do you expect to be better? Camera certainly won't be, screen won't be, so sd card slot and removable battery. So fill me in if you have better information. Like I stated "will be on par with the ONE, but nothing remotely making it better"

P. S. You should ban yourself for your ridiculous ramblings and horrible grammar.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Additional cpu cores at this point in mobile processors beyond four is marketing plain and simple. Hyper threading would make more sense.
    Also it isn't just the processor. A system will always bottle neck at its slowest point . In pc's that is usually the hard drive. That is why an ssd is usually the best upgrade you can make.
    And cpu's still have to address imaging differently with additional resources. I suggest reading up on the basic architecture of a computer system. ( von Neumann architecture)
    Also at this point 4 gigs of ram, (volatile memory) would be absolutely unnecessary. Volatile ram is so called because all data is lost if power is lost . You ram freaks please provide the burden of proof that in any circumstance running android software that you could even use that much. Remember volitle memory only holds the current processes being executed.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

At this point the weak link in mobile computing is power. Chips have grown exponentially for over 40 years. That will continue but battery technology lags behind. There is some amazing work going on that is very promising but it isn't being done by cell phone company's.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
    Jesus christ. This phone could print money and y'all still wouldn't be happy...