[APP] myPlayer - On Demand streaming [v2.300 15-Dec-2011]

Search This thread

smoothcrooner

Aug 12, 2008
Hi all,

I seem to having some difficulties, everytime I try to view a program I keep getting this message "Data read error!":mad:

I've got a Samsung Omnia i900 and I'm using CorePlayer, version 1.3.2. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ciaran2506

Jul 5, 2009
Coventry
Network not available!

HELP. Have been using myPLayer fine for ages however I went to watch iPlayer today and coreplayer opened and said 'Network not available!' This is happening on all streams (BBC iPlayer + ITV Player + YouTube + Live TV direct; Hulu + 5OD via myplayer VLC server) What has happened? Using HTC TyTN ii on WM 6.1 if that helps

veroi

Nov 29, 2004
Settings

Originally Posted by FryWalker
It may be worth experimenting with the buffer settings.

Menu -> Tools -> Preferences

Select Page -> Buffering

If your connection is laggy I would recommend:

Normal buffer size: 2048 KB
Preload at underrun: 85%
Preload for audio: 256 KB

FRYWALKER, I tried the new settings and have some marked improvements over 12 tests I did under 3G and Wifi. So I think this is something that all users should implement

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
I tried the new settings and have some marked improvements over 12 tests I did under 3G and Wifi. So I think this is something that all users should implement

Great news, I will add it as a recommendation to the first post. Can I ask: do you have CorePlayer saved to your device or storage? I am wondering if it works better on storage with the extra memory.

-Fry

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
HELP. Have been using myPLayer fine for ages however I went to watch iPlayer today and coreplayer opened and said 'Network not available!' This is happening on all streams (BBC iPlayer + ITV Player + YouTube + Live TV direct; 5OD via myplayer VLC server) What has happened? Using HTC TyTN ii on WM 6.1 if that helps

In actual fact - the post immediately above you original query had the solution you were after.

Here is the link.

Last edited:

vietdoan20062006

Jun 26, 2009
outside the UK and tried many times follow the instruction but it never works, is the private IP for wire is not the same for wireless. i dont know how to forward port. it never works :(:(:(:(

Syclone2530

Aug 28, 2007
Is the only way to stream Hulu through the myplayer server thing with credit? I'm in the US using my Sprint EVDO rev A network and it only works with the myplayer server setting.
Does the free credit replenish after some time or are you limited to the 250 megs?

I am having the same issue. - I would think Hulu would stream direct for us in the USA - if only the player knew we were in the USA.

murtz

Apr 18, 2009
I just came across this awesome program and downloaded it straight the way.

I saved it to my Xperia device.. and tried to use iPlayer. I see the little thumbnails of all the programs available, and when I click on a thumb it shows the little pink loading arrow for a seconds, but then it disappears and the thumb appears again.

Nothing seems to load up at all. I do have access to the internet, and Im not getting any error messages!

Please help!

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
I just came across this awesome program and downloaded it straight the way.

I saved it to my Xperia device.. and tried to use iPlayer. I see the little thumbnails of all the programs available, and when I click on a thumb it shows the little pink loading arrow for a seconds, but then it disappears and the thumb appears again.

Nothing seems to load up at all. I do have access to the internet, and Im not getting any error messages!

Please help!

Can you confirm the options you have selected? Which media player have you specified or are you using the default? I would recommend installing the CorePlayer application for the best experience.

-Fry

murtz

Apr 18, 2009
Here are my options as they appear;

'Load streams with specified application'
'\Program Files\myPlayer\myPlayerPPC.exe'

Arguements
%link%

Default Stream - 3G

Load Now/Next' ticked.

Regarding the CorePlayer.. what is this?.. is it a codec or an alternative to MyPlayer?

Thanks!

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
Here are my options as they appear;

'Load streams with specified application'
'\Program Files\myPlayer\myPlayerPPC.exe'

Arguements
%link%

Default Stream - 3G

Load Now/Next' ticked.

Regarding the CorePlayer.. what is this?.. is it a codec or an alternative to MyPlayer?

Thanks!

CorePlayer is the actual media player. The myPlayer application does not play the streams itself, it merely establishes the connection. You will need to specify an a media player to view the content, you could try the windows media player. CorePlayer will give you the best results however.

-Fry

villa15

Sep 5, 2009
Montego Bay
how can i get vlc for for the htc p3450

I have try to download it the phone say its an invalid pocket pc application, is there away to get it work, thanks much

fusi

Sep 16, 2007
Ross Vegas
www.sekaita.com
very nice app - worked great for me up until a few days ago where it just 'stopped working' - every time i open it now i get the error:

"Failed to load content - unable to establish a connection - blah blah blah"

even though my device is connected to the interwebs and other apps runing on the device can access things.

im on t-mobile w&w plus - is it possible the bastards have picked up on my usage recently and decided to block the ports?

"oh here you go have 3gb of bandwidth - oh hoho but we're not gonna let you use it!!1 hahahaha"

bastards.

hopefully im wrong and something else is wrong :(

EDIT: i just called t-mobile and they reckon theyre not blocking me in any way o_O - should i believe them? hmmz

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my player

Hi All

Fantaststic software works well on my HTC touch 2 i download vis cable fron pc and stoer in history ready to watch, only thing is it does not let you search other channels like itv , channel 5 etc is this normal or have i missed something. once great software.

Regards Mark
    I find get_iplayer the best tool for downloading iplayer content to your pc and transferring to your phone. If you install all the options it will save as mp4. You can even choose the resolution right up to HD
    smile.gif

The latest working version is on the infradead.org website - google for it.
    This program is what myplayer could have become (with subscriptions, etc), but seeing as how it also had an order to stop developing from the BBC, how come it's still going and myplayer isn't?

It was going for several years in its original form, playing a cat and mouse game with the beeb. Every so often the beeb would change the iphone authentication procedure and every time the developer would "mend" the program again! But last year the developer was threatened by the beeb, he stopped mending it, and the broken program lapsed.

Then, from the ashes, another dev took it up, not using the iPhone streams any more but with flv to mp4 conversion, making it even more useful. I suppose it's down to just how threatened the dev feels and whether someone else is willing to take the risk for a while. It warms my heart ...
    *** Updated to version 2.100 ***

Change list:

- Digital TV channels updated
    - Various other minor bug fixes
    *** Updated to version 2.300 ***

Change list:

- Fixed DTV stream connection
    - Player preference issue resolved