[TUT] Build Metamorph themes on your phone

Search This thread

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
Go to market
Download mm, ninjamorph, silver edit, and astro.. While here pick up a random icon pack... (your first morph)

Open silver edit..pick new xml.. Here is a template. Replace the dashes - with less than/greater than < .. They won't show on xda
-?xml version="1.0"?-

-themename-Theme_Name-/themename-
-themeversion-1.x-/themeversion
-screenshot--/screenshot-
-author-that's you-/author-
-authorweblink--/authorweblink-
-phone-Samsung Vibrant-/phone
-rom-Stock-/rom-
-themedescription-whatever changes-/themedescription-

-item-your app.apk-/item-
-path-/system/app/-/path-
-description-changes the...-/description-
-item-framework-res.apk-/item-
-path-/system/framework/-/path-
-description-Morphs the ...-/description-

Open ninja morph, choose the apk you want to modify.. The images you want to change are in res folder in the drawable dir.. choose the icon and replace it with one out of the icon pack..
Open astro.. Go to android themes.. Make new directory, Theme_Name.. Open the workspace folder..this is where the changed apk is... Copy res folder.. Paste it inside Theme_Name.. Delete everything but drawable... Open the silver edit folder in astro and copy Theme_Name.xml and paste it with your new res folder... You just made a morph on your phone...
Open meta morph..start checks and chose existing... Click Theme_Name and Theme_Name.xml, apply all...

Your original images from your apk are in backup inside android themes...
Thanks stericson for 2 apps..

My phone has been flashed more than Girls Gone Wild..

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
I can't find silver edit in the market :/ .. i'm starting to think something is wrong with my market because I couldn't find simply lockscreen either.. :/

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
This will work for any device, on any android device... Just edit the xml to be compatible with your device..
Im hoping this could bring some would be themers out the wood works...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

xDarKnighTx

Oct 19, 2008
Is metamorph able to put in modified XML files as well? If so, can you explain how this is done? I tried updating some XML files in framework-res.apk via metamorph with no luck...

If i compile + sign my own framework-res.apk, then it works. But i like to use it in metamorph instead so I can change things on the fly.

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
Is metamorph able to put in modified XML files as well? If so, can you explain how this is done? I tried updating some XML files in framework-res.apk via metamorph with no luck...

If i compile + sign my own framework-res.apk, then it works. But i like to use it in metamorph instead so I can change things on the fly.

That might be a problem with Super User or something.. That I've read about..

darkamikaze

Aug 7, 2010
Candyland
I think I read it in the meta morph topic in the android theme forum..there's another meta morph thread there

Sent from xdaApp - Captivate

junkdruggler

Jun 27, 2009
Georgia
Metamorph only replaces files... doesn't add new ones... so if its a new xml going to have to use an update.zip

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

naomispoon

Jan 19, 2011
Doncaster
I did everything by the guide in the first post but when I try to install the theme in metamorph I get the error The theme you selected is invalid because the theme control file could be missing, or is not correctly written.
Any help would be much appreciated.