[Q] [ICS][ITL41D] viber and video call in fring and tango not working

Search This thread

aalsaqqa

Nov 25, 2011
installed teamhacksung's ICS Port for Galaxy S every ting is perfectly workingnd for me expect viber anf video call in fring and tango ... need these apps
sorry for my English

sandrotb

Oct 9, 2011
Trebinje
Can anybody say how can we fix that?

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Whatsupp, Kakao talk and Gtalk work fine. Everything other is good for me. But I use Viber moust, but viber dosen't work. The apk crash when try started it. Can everybody explean me how can I fix that.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Hi,
This is a member of Viber's development team.

We are aware of some issues with OS 4 and presently our Android development team is hard at work concerning these issues. We will have a solution for you within the near future.

Thanks again for your support and your patience.

Viber Team

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
Unfortunately there's no Beta :(
But - we're doing our best to solve this as soon as we can. Viber 2.1.3, that should already support ICS, should be released within the next few weeks.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Reactions: diaa_khalouf

matrak06

Jan 30, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Unfortunately there's no Beta :(
But - we're doing our best to solve this as soon as we can. Viber 2.1.3, that should already support ICS, should be released within the next few weeks.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Thank you for next Viber relase.
Maybe this post is not right place to ask but i'd like to ask another question about viber. I have to register viber after each installation, is there any option to skip that if i have a code?
Thanks

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
@matrak06 -
Don't worry, Feel free to ask any question you may have :)
I'm not sure I fully understood your meaning. Once you install Viber on the same phone again, you should be able to activate with the code you got the previous time (meaning - no need to wait for the SMS again). So, write down the code, and use it the next time you uninstall and reinstall Viber on the same phone, and everything should be fine.

@Edidotnet -
Not yet. It's currently in the works, and we hope it is ready very soon. Stay tuned for updates.

Reactions: arj03

arj03

Dec 1, 2009
Very interested in a fix as well. Glad the development team of viber is responding and working on a fix.

Viber Team

Feb 2, 2011
www.viber.com is merely our homepage. The latest tech news about Viber can be found on http://support.viber.com :)

But I'm surprised by your comment. The reason we're here on XDA is to proactively reach out to our users and give them all the answers they need. We see our presence here on XDA as an advantage for our users, not the contrary ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

Our development team is working around the clock to complete it ASAP. We apologize for the delay, but it's important to understand that it's delayed because we want to ensure that the app is released free of bugs. Remember that unlike other apps, we, as a company with limited resources, need to implement Viber's VoIP engine AND messaging service to the new ICS API. We should have an official announcement regarding Viber for ICS soon.
    All,

Please let me clarify Viber's position on the matter on CM9, and Custom ROMs in general:

Our policy is that in general, we don't support Custom ROMs (we simply cannot afford to devote resources to supporting all Custom ROMs out there). However, we have decided to partially support CM and MIUI in the past, and are continuing to do so as newer versions (of ours!) are released.

HOWEVER - examining the case of CM9, this ROM was never officially declared by CyanogenMod developers - not even as Nightly. Please check out CyanogenMod's homepage and see that it is not even listed under the officially available Nightly Mods for neither Galaxy S nor Galaxy S2: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-s

If we ever decide to add support to CM9, it will only happen once CM developers on their part decide at least to upload an official version - then it'll make sense for us to work with this official version and adapt Viber to it.

Your assumptions that there is a contradiction between Galaxy's API and CM9's API with regards to utilizing the microphone are probably correct, but we will not be able to verify these assumptions (and fix Viber accordingly) until - as we explained - CM9 is declared officially.

Thanks for your understanding, and you might want to contact CM9 developers with this message :)
    the Viber Team.
    All,
    We've made some serious progress with the development of Viber for ICS, and if all goes as planned, it should be released over the next 2 weeks. Stay tuned for updates :)
    Hi all,
    I'm excited to announce the Viber 2.1.3 is finally available for download on Market.
    First and foremost, this new version is compatible with ICS (Android 4) - so the long anticipation is finally over :)

In addition, the new version contains bug fixes and small new features for your convenience.

Please try it out and let us know if you encounter any special problems.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team
    Hi,
    This is a member of Viber's development team.

We are aware of some issues with OS 4 and presently our Android development team is hard at work concerning these issues. We will have a solution for you within the near future.

Thanks again for your support and your patience.

Viber Team