[APP]PS3DJB Multi v1.0[APP]

Search This thread

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
Welcome To PS3DJB Multi for TP, Fuze, TP2, Tilt2, Diamond, Diamond CDMA, and Diamond 2

NOTE:
I have not tested it with these phones as i do not own them anymore. Please let me know how it goes for you and i will try to help out during the process. It should work as everything is based off of working solutions but just made to be use in a simpler fashion by my app. If you have issues and need help hit me up on skype: hackmimic
i might be hit or miss for the next couple days.

Please install the prep file based on your rom region.

Prep Files:
*Must Install to your Storage Card*
Storage Card - English - Download Here
Storage Card - German - Download Here
Storage Card - Norwegian - Download Here
Storage Card - French - Download Here
Storage Card - Spanish - Download Here
Internal Storage - Diamond - English - Download Here

Main App:

PS3DJB Multi - Download Here

Initial Steps:
Run Step 1. select your phone Type
Run Step 2. Select your payload of Choice
Run Step 3. Launch PS3DJB Multi (this will have all the initial setting pre set up.

To enable Jailbreak:
* Disconnect USB from PC
* From XDANDROID go to DevTools->Terminal Emulator
* Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko" (without "")

To enable Downgrade:

* Disconnect USB from PC
* Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1" (without "")

Downgrade Process:

1. start PS3DJB and go through steps 1-3
2. open terminal emulator (programs/dev tools/terminal emulator)
3. type su
4. type cd sdcard
4. type insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1
5. plug phone into PS3
6. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject.
7. ps3 turns on then off automaticly.
8. disconnect your phone and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.
9. Turn the PS3 off again.
10. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:

1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)

These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
11. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
12. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
13. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
(Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
14. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
15. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed.

what are insmod, rmmod, lsmod?

insmod installs a loadable module in the running kernel. (to load psfreedom)

rmmod unloads loadable modules from the running kernel. (to remove psfreedom)

lsmod shows information about all loaded modules. (to show you if psfreedom is running or not)

Credits:
Everyone who contributed to PSFreedom Wiki
axm9 for a good tut i borrowed to save time rewriting the same crap.
Tbdawg for helping with the storage card code

Attachments

• ScreenShot14.jpg
    ScreenShot14.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 519
  • ScreenShot15.jpg
    ScreenShot15.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 403
  • ScreenShot16.jpg
    ScreenShot16.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:

mutercim

Feb 11, 2009
Ankara
Thanks for your work HackMimic. Do you think this will work with a Touch HD (not HD2)? I did not see it in the list above or in the screenshot.

Nikolai4eg

Dec 23, 2010
Touch Diamond 2(Topaz)
1 step)I install Storage Card - English
2 step)Install PS3DJB Multi
3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
Appears ERROR
Missing Method Exception
Could not load type
"BeeMobile.TransparentControls.TForm"
of assembly
"BeeMobile.TransparentControls.CF3, Version 3.5.6.6, Culture = neutral,
PublicKeyToken = D07520D8A3E7B282 ".

Last edited:

dante_cry

Feb 27, 2010
Main App:
PS3DJB Multi Attached for those who had error link download like me ;) I could not post the link download as I'm new here so I've attached the file :p

Many Thanks for the app. I have Diamond 2 I'll try and let you know the result

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
Touch Diamond 2(Topaz)
3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
Appears ERROR
Missing Method Exception
Could not load type
"BeeMobile.TransparentControls.TForm"
of assembly
"BeeMobile.TransparentControls.CF3, Version 3.5.6.6, Culture = neutral,
PublicKeyToken = D07520D8A3E7B282 ".

do you have .net compact 3.5 installed. That is required as I built the app on .net compact 3.5. Also try to install both cabs to the storage card.

Nikolai4eg

Dec 23, 2010
Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko
I write in the terminal emulator
su cd/sdcard/payloads/insmod psfreedom.ko
In response:
su:exec failed for psfreedom.ko Error:No such or directory

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko
I write in the terminal emulator
su cd/sdcard/payloads/insmod psfreedom.ko
In response:
su:exec failed for psfreedom.ko Error:No such or directory

are you using a WWE rom or a foreign rom? i have found some issues that i need to correct. I will have an update in the next couple days. Just need to find the time to do it.

Try this:
type su then enter
Type cd/sdcard then enter
type insmod psfreedom.ko then enter

if it does not work that means i might have a issue with the payload included. I will investigate deeper.

PS i fixed the download link.

Last edited:

dante_cry

Feb 27, 2010
I've tried on my Diamond 2
3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
4 step)choose phone mode
when I choose diamond 2 or any other device it says "no file or no directory"
so what I've done is copying the startup config and put it manually on haret folder then when I started haret (or select launch PSDJB Android in program) it seems launched successfully but suddenly it freezes and doesn't boot!! the screen stays on " booting Linux" the only choice I have then is to soft reset my Diamond2
Any ideas !?

Thanks for your help

psaux

Oct 28, 2008
Is it ever possible to run ps3djb on OMAP850 devices like HTC Prophet?

Android can be installed here as a port of Wing Linux

HackMimic

Aug 17, 2007
Bay Area for now
3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
4 step)choose phone mode
so what I've done is copying the startup config and put it manually on haret folder then when I started haret (or select launch PSDJB Android in program) it seems launched successfully but suddenly it freezes and doesn't boot!! the screen stays on " booting Linux" the only choice I have then is to soft reset my Diamond2
Any ideas !?

Thanks for your help
i am going to need to look into it. it might have to do with the zimage or bin for psfreedom. I will look deeper into it as i might have a diamond to play with tomorrow.

on older devices i will need to look into it. not sure if psfreedom supports those devices.

Nikolai4eg

Dec 23, 2010
I moved the file from PS3DJB/Startup config / Topaz / startup.txt
in PS3DJB
Then
From PAyloads/341/zlimage6 in PS3DJB and renamed and replaced by zlimage.
Then
File from the payloads / modules 2.6.2 ..... moved to a folder and PS3DJB psfreedom1.ko moved to Storage card and renamed psfreedom.ko
Launched HARET in folder PS3DJB
Run Android
Then
menu devtools terminal emulator
And he wrote
su (press ENTER)
cd (space) / sdcard (press ENTER)
insmod psfreedom.ko (press ENTER)
END

andyandmarlys

Feb 5, 2007
Diamond CDMA Problem

Problem with Diamond CDMA -

3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
4 step)choose phone mode
when I choose HTC Touch Diamond CDMA or any other device it says "file or directory is missing"

Thanks for your help.

tbdawg

Apr 12, 2010

3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
4 step)choose phone mode
when I choose HTC Touch Diamond CDMA or any other device it says "file or directory is missing"

Thanks for your help.

See if this file exists:
\Storage Card\PS3DJB\STARTUP CONFIG\DIAMOND100\STARTUP2.TXT
and if so rename and copy here:
\Storage Card\PS3DJB\STARTUP.TXT

This is of course assuming "\Storage Card" is the name of the path to your removable Storage.

Reactions: andyandmarlys

andyandmarlys

Feb 5, 2007
See if this file exists:

This is of course assuming "\Storage Card" is the name of the path to your removable Storage.

On thee CDMA Diamond it is "\Internal Storage" but.... I didn't see a startup2.txt in the \Internal Storage\PS3DJB\STARTUP CONFIG\DIAMOND100\. There was a startup text file though. I tried copying that to the Internal Storage\PS3DJB\ folder, but I am still getting the same problem.

Am I running into an issue because the CDMA Diamond doesn't have a storage card, and only the internal storage?

Thanks for helping out so fast!

Andy

andyandmarlys

Feb 5, 2007
3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
4 step)choose phone mode
Any ideas !?

Thanks for your help

I more or less did this on the CDMA Diamond, and it looked as if Linux was trying to load, however the screen goes black and just did a soft reset.

tbdawg

Apr 12, 2010
On thee CDMA Diamond it is "\Internal Storage" but.... I didn't see a startup2.txt in the \Internal Storage\PS3DJB\STARTUP CONFIG\DIAMOND100\. There was a startup text file though. I tried copying that to the Internal Storage\PS3DJB\ folder, but I am still getting the same problem.

Am I running into an issue because the CDMA Diamond doesn't have a storage card, and only the internal storage?

Thanks for helping out so fast!

Andy

It seems that the app may not be recognizing the "\Internal Storage" path as a card path. Are you by any chance getting a message box popping up stating:

No Storage card found.

If card has not been inserted, do so now then select Retry.

when you start the app?

Or a message box stating that there were:

Multiple storage cards found!

and then asking you the if the path displayed is the correct path?

Try downloading this, extract the .exe and run from your phone. Report back what the output of the SD Count and the Path(s) in the box are.
View attachment SDCard.rar

Last edited:

andyandmarlys

Feb 5, 2007
There is no SD card on the Diamond CDMA... Just the internal storage. I was able to get linux to attempt to run, but it freezes and restarts my device.

Hopefully the OP will be able to play with the Diamond he might be getting, and see if it is possible to get it to go.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome To PS3DJB Multi for TP, Fuze, TP2, Tilt2, Diamond, Diamond CDMA, and Diamond 2

NOTE:
    I have not tested it with these phones as i do not own them anymore. Please let me know how it goes for you and i will try to help out during the process. It should work as everything is based off of working solutions but just made to be use in a simpler fashion by my app. If you have issues and need help hit me up on skype: hackmimic
    i might be hit or miss for the next couple days.

Please install the prep file based on your rom region.

Prep Files:
    *Must Install to your Storage Card*
    Storage Card - English - Download Here
    Storage Card - German - Download Here
    Storage Card - Norwegian - Download Here
    Storage Card - French - Download Here
    Storage Card - Spanish - Download Here
    Internal Storage - Diamond - English - Download Here

Main App:

PS3DJB Multi - Download Here

Initial Steps:
    Run Step 1. select your phone Type
    Run Step 2. Select your payload of Choice
    Run Step 3. Launch PS3DJB Multi (this will have all the initial setting pre set up.

To enable Jailbreak:
    * Disconnect USB from PC
    * Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko" (without "")

To enable Downgrade:

* Disconnect USB from PC
    * Type "su", then "cd /sdcard", then "insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1" (without "")

Downgrade Process:

1. start PS3DJB and go through steps 1-3
    2. open terminal emulator (programs/dev tools/terminal emulator)
    3. type su
    4. type cd sdcard
    4. type insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1
    5. plug phone into PS3
    6. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject.
    7. ps3 turns on then off automaticly.
    8. disconnect your phone and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.
    9. Turn the PS3 off again.
    10. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:

1. Modified 3.41 PUP
    2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)

These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
    11. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
    12. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
    13. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
    (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
    14. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
    15. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
    Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed.

what are insmod, rmmod, lsmod?

insmod installs a loadable module in the running kernel. (to load psfreedom)

rmmod unloads loadable modules from the running kernel. (to remove psfreedom)

lsmod shows information about all loaded modules. (to show you if psfreedom is running or not)

Credits:
    Everyone who contributed to PSFreedom Wiki
    axm9 for a good tut i borrowed to save time rewriting the same crap.
    Tbdawg for helping with the storage card code

3 step)PS3DJB multi run.
    4 step)choose phone mode

Thanks for your help.

See if this file exists:

There is no SD card on the Diamond CDMA... Just the internal storage. I was able to get linux to attempt to run, but it freezes and restarts my device.

Hopefully the OP will be able to play with the Diamond he might be getting, and see if it is possible to get it to go.

Thanks

I understand that there is no external Storage card, but need to know the way the OS interprits the \Internal Storage path. The app is dependant upon a Storage Card path of some kind to access the path to the files. We need to know this info so that changes to the code can be made if needed. Thanks.

So please try the exe above and let me know the output?
    When I run the program it says:

SD Count:1

\Internal Storage

I hope that helps

Thanks

Andy

Yup, that means that the app side is working correctly and the issue is most likely with the first file setup cab. Will need to talk to hackmimic about how the directories for the cab are setup to come up with a solution. At least until we can make a cab where the directories no longer need to be hard coded.