IKEA Lamp controlled from an Android phone

Search This thread

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
FYI, there are a few color control projects in my github repos... Nothing that does bluetooth serial, but that's something someone could easily add. :)

Which reminds me... I really need to resurrect some of my blinkenlight projects.

ttm94

Oct 18, 2011
very impressive idea. The possibilities are endless all sorts of things can be controlled via bluetooth. please share any progress

Praxbe

Apr 22, 2012
BXL
Excellent Never mind to this ^^ i've 2 of these lamp but think i don't have enough skill to realize that :rolleyes:

boborone

You can find more details as well as the code, on the original blog post (I know I'm not allowed yet to post external links, but it's definitely not spam and I can't really just copy and past all the stuff and code examples from that blog here...):

Seems like spam seeing this was your only post since you joined. Just want hits for your blog.

rft

Apr 21, 2012
This is an excellent idea! I'm definitely going to give it a try. I figure that after successfully completing this, I'd have the knowledge to start all sorts of cool projects. Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post is about a simple idea: take a cheap 3 colours Ikea night lamp, hack it by replacing its original MCU and adding a cheap serial bluetooth device and then write a simple Android app to control the lamp remotely from your phone !

This is just the beginning, imagine the possibilities once the phone has direct control over the colours and their respective intensities. You can make it light up in sync with some music, you can make it change colours depending on some e-mails you receive or your Facebook status, etc. ...

You can find more details as well as the code, on the original blog post (I know I'm not allowed yet to post external links, but it's definitely not spam and I can't really just copy and past all the stuff and code examples from that blog here...):

trandi.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/spoka-night-light-controlled-from-and-android-phone/

Dan
    Best 1st post ever.