Anker Battery great success

Search This thread

heathroi

Aug 6, 2011
Chicago
Sounds like you did something wrong. 2 batteries? I don't care how junky you might find them they should have at least worked. Guessing you did something wrong woth the wall charger. Try charging them in your phone.

could have tried that i guess but if the gold contacts aren't touching then it isn't going to charge anyway i tried them in a charger that i know works from an earlier purchase and that indicated full charged but its not a big deal i have four batteries already so its not the end of the earth:D

Gamero92

Mar 25, 2011
I bought two anker batteries and I can say they are better than stock, perhaps not amazingly better but better.

cavguy

Jan 30, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh...9A/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1318871003&sr=8-15

Bought it and my battery life is very good now, I can actually power use my phone without worried about battery. I played fruit ninja and played music via 3g with the speakers for more than an hour and loss like 15% percent battery. Went to bed with the battery at 12% and when I woke up it was at 8%. I can't get you any technical specs but the battery is alot better than stock, and for the price you can't go wrong.

My 2 inspires are a year old now so I figure that they could use fresh batterys.
I did this deal last night. Seems to be at least as good as sotck, and a good price.

Jul 19, 2011
Awesome, thanks for the review, I've been meaning to get some spares for camping but haven't started checking out which ones are worth it yet.

manicalchemist

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh...9A/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1318871003&sr=8-15

Bought it and my battery life is very good now, I can actually power use my phone without worried about battery. I played fruit ninja and played music via 3g with the speakers for more than an hour and loss like 15% percent battery. Went to bed with the battery at 12% and when I woke up it was at 8%. I can't get you any technical specs but the battery is alot better than stock, and for the price you can't go wrong.

+1 defiantly what's juicing my phone as we speak.

Sent using rabid badgers and two tin cans.

vn1977

Oct 4, 2007
Interesting...

I had the same problem someone else had with the battery that I charged first using the wall charger showing 0% when I tried to use it.

The battery that I first put into my phone charged fully in the phone and is showing 1578mah with no issues and I got nearly 23 hours of charge off of that one with moderate use and still have 26% left over, but decided to change out for the fresh one before going to work.

However, once I booted up and it said 0% and shut down, I plugged in the charge cable to the phone and it is now showing full like the other. We'll see if it magically drains in 10 seconds, but I think it'll be just fine. As an aside, I still have Juice Defender running at the most basic setting.

I'm definitely digging the new batteries, as the original one for the phone was definitely old and I was struggling with harsh settings in Juice Defender to get more than 16 hours out of it.

vn1977

Oct 4, 2007
Ok, so apparently the charger is charging the batteries, but the phone reports them at 0% until the charger is plugged in, as it's happened twice now. Should I contact the seller and find out if I have a defective wall charger?

Sent from my Inspire 4G.

Racing666

Jun 7, 2011
The 1600mah batteries aren't available anymore from what I see. Their all listing as 1350mah and are $20 for 2 batteries and the charger. Think it's worth it? Or does anyone know where to find the 1600's?

will1384

Mar 29, 2012
The 1600mah batteries aren't available anymore from what I see. Their all listing as 1350mah and are $20 for 2 batteries and the charger. Think it's worth it? Or does anyone know where to find the 1600's?

I got a single 1600mAh Anker battery from Amazon, cost was $9, it does last
a little longer than stock, but not much, also Battery Monitor Widget Pro
measures the battery at 1295mAh. :(

I guess at $9 thats not to bad, but its no 1600mAh battery.

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
I think they stopped selling the 1600/1500 mAh versions because they weren't that. 1350 is probably a more realistic value. Batteries are most likely the same battery with just a different label.

Racing666

Jun 7, 2011
I ended up buying 2 of the Anker 1350's and a base charger for $20 off eBay. We'll see how it works in my girlfriends Inspire that is 1yr old and the battery doesn't even last the day with moderate usage. I will post the results.

nbeerbower

Mar 22, 2011
Yeah my phone is a little over a year old now and my battery is pretty wonky now. I think it's partially due to me trying to recalibrate it and the full drain just ruined it completely.

I ordered some cheap batteries off eBay for like $9. Let's hope they work well!

PickledJaW

Dec 13, 2011
Springfield
I ordered the Anker batteries about 2 months ago off eBay. I think they have helped out somewhat, but I personally didn't notice a significant improvement. I use my phone pretty heavily, and I don't have a very good signal while at work, so that does have a factor too.

nbeerbower

Mar 22, 2011
I ordered some cheap batteries off eBay a while ago. Got 3 for like 9 bucks and a charger!

They're about equal to the stock battery even though they're "1600."

But still good to replace the dying stock battery.

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
I ordered some cheap batteries off eBay a while ago. Got 3 for like 9 bucks and a charger!

They're about equal to the stock battery even though they're "1600."

But still good to replace the dying stock battery.

did the same thing and also picked up a micro usb charger for around $13 on monoprice. threw one in my phone and the other 2 slip into my wallet and i should never run out of juice.

snappycg1996

Dec 29, 2012
I'm looking into a replacement battery/entended one for the Inspire as well. My old one still works, but it's 2 years old now.. I may get another stock battery, instead of aftermarket ones, I heard they don't help much. D:

Feb 26, 2013
I have been using Anker for a few months. Its OK not that great. It all comes down to how many apps you run, which ROM you are using and your charging pattern.

BlockOfDynamite

Aug 14, 2013
Wow! I have been using an Inspire 4G that my friend gave me. I flashed CM 10.1 Unofficial to it. All this time using a 1600 mah battery that was in it (he gave me the stock one too). Overclocked to 1.92 GHz stable and the battery lasts like one and a half hours on full use (e.g. NFS Most Wanted, Temple Run, TR2). That's crazy! Maybe the battery life is so bad I need to switch back to stock or buy a new 1600 mah battery!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Would you recommend me use the old 1600 mah or the stock 1230 mah battery?

thenorm89

Aug 21, 2012
Wow! I have been using an Inspire 4G that my friend gave me. I flashed CM 10.1 Unofficial to it. All this time using a 1600 mah battery that was in it (he gave me the stock one too). Overclocked to 1.92 GHz stable and the battery lasts like one and a half hours on full use (e.g. NFS Most Wanted, Temple Run, TR2). That's crazy! Maybe the battery life is so bad I need to switch back to stock or buy a new 1600 mah battery!

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Would you recommend me use the old 1600 mah or the stock 1230 mah battery?

Over clocking your phone to 1.9 is insane, that has a lot to do with the battery draining quickly. Try using the default performance settings, or even under clocking to see better battery results.

(Edit) my suggestion. Use the stock. My stock battery is almost three years old and I can get about 8-10 hours moderate use and 15-20 stand by.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda app-developers app

BlockOfDynamite

Aug 14, 2013
OK. That makes sense. I don't really see how you can fit more mah inside a battery of the same size. I do agree 1.9 is a bit ridiculous but it sure is speedy :) higher clock speed than an S3 :) but not dual core :( I'll clock it down to about 1.4-1.5 and see how that goes.

Inspire 4G
CyanogenMod 10.1
1.92GHz stable
XDA-Developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have to report that my Anker batteries are still doing great. Battery monitor still reporting both around 1475. I find myself not charging the battery overnight sometimes since I still have a decent charge left. And as someone mentioned it isn't fair to compair these new batteries to a failing stock battery. Stock battery was ONLY 7 months old (not good at all). It too is made in china. You can purchase 2 anker batteries and a universal charger for half the price of an oem replacement battery. Never expected the anker batteries to be 1600. How about someone with a fairly new oem battery and using battery monitor report the mAh they get.
    Have to report that my Anker batteries are still doing great. Battery monitor still reporting both around 1475. I find myself not charging the battery overnight sometimes since I still have a decent charge left. And as someone mentioned it isn't fair to compair these new batteries to a failing stock battery. Stock battery was ONLY 7 months old (not good at all). It too is made in china. You can purchase 2 anker batteries and a universal charger for half the price of an oem replacement battery. Never expected the anker batteries to be 1600. How about someone with a fairly new oem battery and using battery monitor report the mAh they get.

mine is what i would consider fairly new and battery moniter reports the total mah to be 1230mAh stock OEM htc battery that came with my inspire and i get usually a day and half out of normal use