[Q] Screen flickers, power button doesn't work right - help.

Search This thread

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
I'm ready to throw my phone out the second story window.
When I press the power button to turn off the phone's screen, it goes dim then comes back on again. I can't get the screen to go completely dim until the 15sec of inactivity are up. I was so fed up I was ready to return my phone to stock but it kept turning off when I started the phone in download mode. I have a hard time restarting the phone and it's not rebooting into recovery mode unless I manually hold down all three buttons.

I've tried flashing different ROMs, different GAPPS, wiping, and formatting. I've even formatted the SD card twice.

I'm in a real clusterfrick. Any help is welcome! Thank you!!!

NoCrAppleHere

Jan 18, 2014
When I press the power button to turn off the phone's screen, it goes dim then comes back on again. I can't get the screen to go completely dim until the 15sec of inactivity are up. I was so fed up I was ready to return my phone to stock but it kept turning off when I started the phone in download mode. I have a hard time restarting the phone and it's not rebooting into recovery mode unless I manually hold down all three buttons.

I've tried flashing different ROMs, different GAPPS, wiping, and formatting. I've even formatted the SD card twice.

Looks like you have done everything possible to remedy the situation and if going back to original factory stock doesn't help, maybe the phone is the issue, not the software. Did you just go back to stock 4.3 or did you try to go back to 4.1.2?

Reactions: Keekers

ProtheusIRC

Apr 4, 2012
Thomasville
I have the same thing man. Your power button is loose. You need to (and I'm not joking) slam your phone down on the power button. Like find a corner on a table and slam the power button down on it a few times. Worked for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Keekers

Aug 4, 2012
Thank you for your help. I'm about to slam the phone down on the power button. I don't think it can get any worse!

I didn't respond sooner because I've been using my work phone and forgot to subscribe to my own thread. I'm a mess. :eek:

Reactions: ProtheusIRC

ProtheusIRC

Apr 4, 2012
Thomasville
It works. No lie. Just find a sharp corner and (like don't beat the phone lol) just, I'd call it a forceful tap, it down. May take a few tries but you'll get it. Good luck.

Reactions: Keekers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same thing man. Your power button is loose. You need to (and I'm not joking) slam your phone down on the power button. Like find a corner on a table and slam the power button down on it a few times. Worked for me.

+1...sound crazy but proven fact!!!

Looks like you have done everything possible to remedy the situation and if going back to original factory stock doesn't help, maybe the phone is the issue, not the software. Did you just go back to stock 4.3 or did you try to go back to 4.1.2?
    Thank you for your help. I'm about to slam the phone down on the power button. I don't think it can get any worse!

I didn't respond sooner because I've been using my work phone and forgot to subscribe to my own thread. I'm a mess. :eek: