[BootLoader] [MODEM] Test Odin UVUCNB4

Search This thread

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
UPDATED BOOTLOADER POSTED.

********************** THIS IS A TEST FIRST. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TRY TO ODIN THIS BOOTLOADER IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED. BRICKING YOUR PHONE, FLASH FLOODS, AUDITS, AND EX-GIRLFRIENDS KEYING YOUR CAR ARE NOT MY FAULT. YOU TRY TO ODIN BL OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL. **********************************************

ANY WHO,
Can somebody please flash this via Odin and make sure that it finishes the process. I'm still researching to see if you need a pit to flash the BL by itself.

THanks guys.

DOWNLOAD
LOAD bootloader.tar.md5 INTO BL ON ODIN
START

BL_N900TUVUCNB4
MD5SUM:b9424697d6a75dba43f019825c45a006

CP_N900TUVUCNB4_Modem This CP only contains modem.bin
MD5SUM:52d72b098819991ab88101757d8e2a8a

CP_N900TUVUCNB4_modem2x This CP contains both modem.bin and Non-Hlos
MD5SUM:82ec4cdaff1492439673391902439604

Dev-Host
cp_N900TUVUCNB4_modem.tar.md5 - 53.49 MB

Last edited:

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
I'm getting stuck at the first part sli.mbn, but i already have the updated bootloader. From what i've been reading, this new bootloader my not let you downgrade as it's locked (or partially locked, not sure)

So somebody on old baseband looking to upgrade to new baseband should try this out.

tigerz0202

Apr 16, 2010
slidell, la.
has anyone tried this? id do it myself but i'm in the middle of the gulf with slower than slow internet ,took me five min just to write this reply

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
I'm getting stuck at the first part sli.mbn, but i already have the updated bootloader. From what i've been reading, this new bootloader my not let you downgrade as it's locked (or partially locked, not sure)

So somebody on old baseband looking to upgrade to new baseband should try this out.

It's not locked. It's rollback-protected.

Read this whole thread and you will understand why (except in a few unique situations) you cannot downgrade the bootloader: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642207

Upgrading the bootloader and stock ROMs is a one-way street for the majority of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonstalker

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD

Ill try it for you

edit: failed sdi.mbn

Last edited:

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
I think the focus is on the wrong thing . Everyone wants the modem not the bootloader. And from past experince with note 2 specifically the modem was made into a flashable zip.

The Demon Galaxy!

XmentalX

Nov 23, 2006
Bay Area
www.google.com
I think the focus is on the wrong thing . Everyone wants the modem not the bootloader. And from past experince with note 2 specifically the modem was made into a flashable zip.

The Demon Galaxy!

no,

some of us need the updated bootloader because the current wave of custom kernels doesnt play nicely with wifi calling and you cant run a KitKat kernel without the KitKat bootloader

romgorz

Jan 31, 2012
Garfield
3/7/14

OK, people have been asking me for this, and I said I would extract the Bootloader and post it.

********************** THIS IS A TEST FIRST. DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT TRY TO ODIN THIS BOOTLOADER IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCED. BRICKING YOUR PHONE, FLASH FLOODS, AUDITS, AND EX-GIRLFRIENDS KEYING YOUR CAR ARE NOT MY FAULT. YOU TRY TO ODIN BL OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL. **********************************************

ANY WHO,
Can somebody please flash this via Odin and make sure that it finishes the process. I'm still researching to see if you need a pit to flash the BL by itself.

THanks guys.

DOWNLOAD
RENAME BY REMOVING THE .md5
LOAD INTO AP ON ODIN
START

BL_N900TUVUCNB5
MD5SUM:ed3330d84eb5893f1235c71d581dfdda​

not finishing-fails

Techniques

Jul 14, 2012
no,

some of us need the updated bootloader because the current wave of custom kernels doesnt play nicely with wifi calling and you cant run a KitKat kernel without the KitKat bootloader

I don't know about Wi-Fi calling but you can run Kitkat kernels with the old bootloader. Everything seems fine to me.

Attachments

• 1394171528384.jpg
    1394171528384.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 401
Reactions: Jack143

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC

The Demon Galaxy!

+1

Would like to run the new modem if possible on the old bootloader.

If I have to update the bootloader to run the new modem, then I will do so...but MY main desire is to have the new modem. - I run AOSP, and those all work for either bootloader.

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
+1

Would like to run the new modem if possible on the old bootloader.

If I have to update the bootloader to run the new modem, then I will do so...but MY main desire is to have the new modem. - I run AOSP, and those all work for either bootloader.

i'll look into the flashable modem then sense people only want that. still trying to figure out why forcing the bootloader is not seeming to work

hamsup1o

Mar 12, 2005
would like to see this bootloader working as I am planning to flash 4.4.2 via mobile odin and this bootloader via odin pc and hope that knox is not tripped while retaining root. Currently on 4.3 rooted with RDLV.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
would like to see this bootloader working as I am planning to flash 4.4.2 via mobile odin and this bootloader via odin pc and hope that knox is not tripped while retaining root. Currently on 4.3 rooted with RDLV.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I keep seeing that mobile odin says it will trip the counter. Can anybody confirm that for me please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED BOOTLOADER POSTED.

ANY WHO,

THanks guys.

DOWNLOAD
    LOAD bootloader.tar.md5 INTO BL ON ODIN
    START

BL_N900TUVUCNB4
    MD5SUM:b9424697d6a75dba43f019825c45a006

CP_N900TUVUCNB4_Modem This CP only contains modem.bin
    MD5SUM:52d72b098819991ab88101757d8e2a8a

CP_N900TUVUCNB4_modem2x This CP contains both modem.bin and Non-Hlos
    MD5SUM:82ec4cdaff1492439673391902439604

Dev-Host
    cp_N900TUVUCNB4_modem.tar.md5 - 53.49 MB
    BTW, I just went through that blog article (translated by google) and it reads like the other "keep root" 0x0 update descriptions I've seen using Mobile Odin Pro and Odin (or in my case, probably Heimdall) - with the exception of the part where you have to repackage the bootloader, of course :). Thanks for going through that process for us!

On the international / 9005 threads, there is a modem update along with the bootloader update; it contains modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin. Those two files are also present in the 4.4.2 update that I have for the N900T. Think it's a good idea to extend that post's method to make a modem.tar.md5 that's flashable along with the bootloader?

EDIT:
    I can make the modem package, once I'm home and have access to a Windows VM.

Think I might try this method tonight, too; I'll report back here if I do.

The Demon Galaxy!

no,

It's not locked. It's rollback-protected.

Read this whole thread and you will understand why (except in a few unique situations) you cannot downgrade the bootloader: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2642207

Upgrading the bootloader and stock ROMs is a one-way street for the majority of us.
    Success!! (with small caveats!)

First, for the overall method - SUCCESS!!

I started on 4.3 MI7, and I am now running 4.4.2 with baseband reporting ...NB4, build number …NB4, and kernel build date (12 Feb 2014) consistent with KK update - all with knox flag still happily at 0x0. Awesome!

Here are the caveats: I did the Odin part using Heimdall, which flashes each partition individually from separate files; I used files from the stock 4.4.2 release for N900T, and flashed all 5 bootloader .mbn files as well as modem.bin AND NON-HLOS.bin - all to their respective partitions. Heimdall downloads & uses a .pit file, so it knows where things go. I think this suggests updating both bootloader and modem, and that the modem package should have both modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin inside - though I can't say 100% certainly.

I also used a deodexed, pre-rooted KK ROM to flash from Mobile Odin Pro - it's on the forums here, in the Android Development sub forum for 900T. In theory using the stock FW + ever root as per the German article should work too, but I used this one since I had it and it was already deodexed with knox and CIQ stripped out.

So - happy to report success with the method (should I post a how-to?), but everyone should be aware that I didn't follow it to the letter for my own reasons and so I can't report on the exact protocol discussed here.