New Google camera app package not signed correctly? Help!

Search This thread

Subiegsr

Aug 8, 2007
I'm running cm11 nightlies and when I try to install the new Google camera app it keeps telling me that it's not signed correctly and to uninstall a previous version. I did that and it still won't install. Any way around this?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Have you tried to copy/paste to system/app and set permissions to rw-r-r then reboot?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

Subiegsr

Aug 8, 2007
I have not. Could you direct me to where the play store apks are stored after a download? Thanks

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I have not. Could you direct me to where the play store apks are stored after a download? Thanks

As long as you have a root accessible file manager...I use Root Explorer. Just click on the Root tab and downloaded apks from the play store are in data/app. Copy/paste there and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. If it doesn't work then try making it a system app by copy/paste to Root/system/app set permissions to rw-r-r reboot. Hopefully that helps you.

Subiegsr

Aug 8, 2007
As long as you have a root accessible file manager...I use Root Explorer. Just click on the Root tab and downloaded apks from the play store are in data/app. Copy/paste there and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot. If it doesn't work then try making it a system app by copy/paste to Root/system/app set permissions to rw-r-r reboot. Hopefully that helps you.

I'm not seeing the camera apk within the data/apps?

Subiegsr

Aug 8, 2007
Did you look in system/app?

I looked there and there was the Googlecamera2apk, but still no difference when I paste it to the data/app folder.

Also, tried uninstalling the app with a root Uninstaller and restarting. Now all it says when I try to install the app is that the app already exists.

I'm just going to download the apk from a website. Thanks for the help though!

Last edited: