[Q] KitKat 4.4

Search This thread

Corkerman

Dec 30, 2012
Melbourne Florida
Hey, so I'll start off by saying everything works fantastic with the CWM11.0 and KitKat ROM I installed! Everything is smooth and amazing! The only problem is the location services being buggy and not working with a few apps, but a thread about that has already been made and I'll just monitor that for any solutions. My question is since there's no emmc version of KitKat yet for the Nook HD: for future official KitKat updates, how would we install them? I'm assuming you can't auto-update because it's running from the EXT. SD card. Anyone have any ideas how the updates would be installed?

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Hey, so I'll start off by saying everything works fantastic with the CWM11.0 and KitKat ROM I installed! Everything is smooth and amazing! The only problem is the location services being buggy and not working with a few apps, but a thread about that has already been made and I'll just monitor that for any solutions. My question is since there's no emmc version of KitKat yet for the Nook HD: for future official KitKat updates, how would we install them? I'm assuming you can't auto-update because it's running from the EXT. SD card. Anyone have any ideas how the updates would be installed?

There are KitKat nightlies for the HD that run on emmc
https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hummingbird&type=nightly

Reactions: Corkerman

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
You should be able I copy it to either. I would recommend external card so it doesn't get accidentally erased. You will need a new recovery either CWM or TWRP that is compatible with Kit Kat. I am not sure of the versions I have the HD plus.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Corkerman

Corkerman

Dec 30, 2012
Melbourne Florida
Alright, I think I have the latest version of cwm. Can I just install it then or do I need to clear the external card's kitkat OS first? And I can remove the SD card before rebooting and the KitKat OS will run without the card, right? One more thing: will it wipe my device if I install it on the emmc, and will I still need to install the GAPPS add on once again? Sorry for the noob questions \:

mhunt13

Aug 16, 2013
Alright, I think I have the latest version of cwm. Can I just install it then or do I need to clear the external card's kitkat OS first? And I can remove the SD card before rebooting and the KitKat OS will run without the card, right? One more thing: will it wipe my device if I install it on the emmc, and will I still need to install the GAPPS add on once again? Sorry for the noob questions \:

Follow this thread.....great directions for installing CM11 .....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600572

Reactions: jpisini

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Yes those directions are better than anything I could write up. If you have specific questions just ask.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are KitKat nightlies for the HD that run on emmc
    https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hummingbird&type=nightly
    You should be able I copy it to either. I would recommend external card so it doesn't get accidentally erased. You will need a new recovery either CWM or TWRP that is compatible with Kit Kat. I am not sure of the versions I have the HD plus.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

Follow this thread.....great directions for installing CM11 .....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600572