List of Tested Sideloaded APKs for the Amazon Fire TV (Fire TV Stick)

Search This thread

KCFish

Jul 17, 2008
I installed a couple apps last night with Google Play tricked into thinking it's an aio asus nexus 7.
- NFL Game Rewind (5 minute Free preview after install!)
- CandyCrush (nothing like crushing candy on the big screen :D)
Both apps worked great - A Mouse and possible keyboard required

I'll try to check out the NFL Now app via Google Play later tonight and see how that works.

Hi. Could you explain how you got NFL Game Rewind working? I downloaded the version from Google Play, but it won't work. How did you trick Google Play into thinking it was a different device?

Thanks!

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
Hi. Could you explain how you got NFL Game Rewind working? I downloaded the version from Google Play, but it won't work. How did you trick Google Play into thinking it was a different device?

Thanks!
Download market helper. Choose nexus 7 tablet 3g, United States and at&t. activate then back out and it should work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KCFish

jimbou1981

Aug 10, 2014

Thanks!
type this into your browser and follow the guide for step by step directions. www [dot] aftvnews [dot] com/how-to-trick-google-play-store-into-allowing-all-apps

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
anyone know how to get the Hulu Android APK working on Fire TV? it goes into an insane orientation that is unusable when I launched it.
Why the android APK? free users can watch free content on hulu on their android device to their hearts content. While the native Amazon Fire TV hulu plus requires a subscription to even watch the free stuff.

nyder

Sep 15, 2007
Seattle
anyone know how to get the Hulu Android APK working on Fire TV? it goes into an insane orientation that is unusable when I launched it.
Why the android APK? free users can watch free content on hulu on their android device to their hearts content. While the native Amazon Fire TV hulu plus requires a subscription to even watch the free stuff.

Oh really, free stuff? I am cheap. I will take a look at it.

Okay, only Hulu app I found on google play, says Hulu Plus when it loads up and when I log in, the only way to get further in is to Purchase it. It says you don't get free **** on the mobile app.

So give me the play store link so I can make sure I was on the right app.

And for the record, it was in landscape mode for me, but I also use the Rotate Screen Orientation app.

Last edited:

stanleyopar2000

Mar 29, 2011
Oh really, free stuff? I am cheap. I will take a look at it.

Okay, only Hulu app I found on google play, says Hulu Plus when it loads up and when I log in, the only way to get further in is to Purchase it. It says you don't get free **** on the mobile app.

So give me the play store link so I can make sure I was on the right app.

And for the record, it was in landscape mode for me, but I also use the Rotate Screen Orientation app.

you need to make a free account :p Its only on android. even iPhone users don't get this treatment.

I'm watching Psycho-Pass (anime) on my note 3 right now and I don't have a plus subscription

http://blog.hulu.com/2014/07/30/sample-free-content-on-hulu-for-android-2/

hans.wurst777

Nov 14, 2014
Spotify

Hello,

I would like to sideload Spotify on my unrooted AFTV. What does this mean: “requires an screen orientation changer” and how do I manage it? Just sideloading the app doesn't work...
Any ideas?

Greatings,
Mr. White

DEREKTROTTER

May 1, 2011
Hello,

I would like to sideload Spotify on my unrooted AFTV. What does this mean: “requires an screen orientation changer” and how do I manage it? Just sideloading the app doesn't work...
Any ideas?

Greatings,
Mr. White

there are many apps to change orientation but ive never used any myself
something like this should do it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate

isnt there a spotify app in the amazon app store though? im sure ive seen one

hans.wurst777

Nov 14, 2014
This rotation app doesn't work for me, but I found an spotify app, wich is edited and works (found the link in this forum;
h t t p://d-h.st/Lel ).
The spotify app in the Amazon app Shop is just for connecting other devices and needs a premium account.

Last edited:

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
This one works fine for me...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bong.android.androidlock

The only problem is that you will need to apply it again whenever your Fire TV restarts.
Otherwise,works perfectly fine.
I wished there was a hack for "landscaped portrait" so we can use portrait oriented apps,but in a stratched landscape form instead of cutting offscreen vertically.

For example,you can only view YouTube app description and comments when in portrait mode.
When in landscape,they don't appear.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
No root needed for sideloading via ADB,and Evozi should help you out on getting the apk.
If your firmware is new enough,you should already have access to installing apk files from unknown sources.

Also...Terminal Emulator,a web browser,and ES File Explorer on your FTV will help you have an easier time sideloading apk files if you have a keyboard like the Logitech K400r.

hans.wurst777

Nov 14, 2014
No root needed for sideloading via ADB,and Evozi should help you out on getting the apk.
If your firmware is new enough,you should already have access to installing apk files from unknown sources.

Also...Terminal Emulator,a web browser,and ES File Explorer on your FTV will help you have an easier time sideloading apk files if you have a keyboard like the Logitech K400r.
Thanksfor your answer. What for I need the Terminal emulator? I just asked, cause I installed another rotation app, wich doesn't work. The screen rotates for less then a second and goes back to normal mode.
I already have the k400r Keyboard, wich is a great combination with the aftv. By the way, I was able to bring the real spotify app to the startscreen by connecting it with the spotify connect app by using the "lama-method".

Greatings from Hamburg.

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
For those who do not have root access,Terminal Emulator can be used to sideload a stored apk file from your Fire TV's sdcard directory (primarily the "Download" folder) so you don't have to use a PC anymore.
The web browser and ES File Explorer are for accessing more apk files via Evozi and other means then renaming them something short to type into Terminal Emulator using
"adb install /sdcard/folder/filename.apk" to install the app you downloaded.

eurojam

Dec 2, 2014
Hi Guys. I sideloaded the latest NBC Sports Live Extra apk. I am having trouble finding the place to enter my cable provider crendetials in or der to use the app. I am using usb mouse to navigate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

photize

Apr 5, 2008
For those who do not have root access,Terminal Emulator can be used to sideload a stored apk file from your Fire TV's sdcard directory (primarily the "Download" folder) so you don't have to use a PC anymore.
The web browser and ES File Explorer are for accessing more apk files via Evozi and other means then renaming them something short to type into Terminal Emulator using
"adb install /sdcard/folder/filename.apk" to install the app you downloaded.
Hi just a quick install aptoide and the apps auto install. No messing around whatsoever .

shavctalek

Feb 4, 2015
Skype of video/chat on Amazon FireTV

Hello All,

I am wondering has anyone successfully sideloaded Skype or any other voice/video chat software on Amazon FireTV and then connected a USB Camera with built in mic to start using the FireTV as a video/chat solution on the big screen. I am trying to see if this would be feasible. I would imagine the challenge would be around the drivers for the webcam (I am sure there are many smart people here) who can resolve that challenge. I would imagine such a solution would be another killer app for Amazon FireTV and would take another step towards a must have for any living room and taking the bite out of walled garden that Microsoft provides with xbox.

Thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vudu build 4.1.13.38411 works on fire tv with HDX

Functional vudu on fire tv with Hdx!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdadcz1e7zkha0l/vudu.air.4.1.13.38411.apk?dl=0
    I installed popcorntime last night. Works very well but needs mouse or touch input. I've been using droidmote for my firetv since I got root, so that worked for me.
    Droidmote works well but you have to change between touch and the game control input of the app based on which screen on the firetv is active.
    I'd just like to add that I got Tasker working on FireTV awhile ago but did not know about this list here (I posted it to a similar thread on reddit) there is a bit of a procedure you need to to go make it work:

Yes, the Tasker works on FireTV. I've just added it to the list at the top of this forum.
    What you have to do:
    Get an apk of Tasker. Either get the free one from Google Play store, or get the one you paid for off your (rooted) Android device. Guides on how to do this are all over the place. Also you can directly purchase it from Tasker's website.
    Use this: http://forums.crackberry.com/androi...ding-google-maps-google-play-services-914930/[1] to patch your apk of Tasker so that it doesn't need GMaps to run. This is crucial, because otherwise FireTV will reject it (as it doesnt have Google Maps API).
    Sideload your modified apk to your FireTV
    Issues: So far almost everything works like a charm. The one thing that you cannot do on the FireTV (besides root actionsnow you can!) is build scenes. If you try to edit/build a scene, the app crashes. You can, however, import scenes you've created on another device, and use them with the "Show Scene" action. It seems that full screen scenes crash it, though. I have had success displaying Overlays and Dialogs, though.
    This should open up a whole world of possibilities on the FireTV...
    Droid edit
    Playon
    Quadrant
    Vplayer
    All work for me.
    Woody

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Google Play Videos and Music on Fire TV. :)
    Youtube instructions: link.
    Dropbox files zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqlroa0dg2df2z3/Google Play Movies and Music.zip?dl=0