notification sound not working others are

Search This thread

bjballar41

Oct 31, 2010
like that title states notification for text wont sound tried changing the sound nothing all others work tho ringtone for voicemail everything. just cant figure it out.

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
Just to cover the basics,

Did you do the following:

1) Go to Settings, Sound, Volume and make sure everything is up?
2) Under Settings, Sound and in the Feedback area, make sure that all the appropriate options are selected?
3) Reboot the phone?
4) Use the volume switch on the side to go to completely silent and then push it back up?

bjballar41

Oct 31, 2010
yep ive done all that stuff mp3 files will play even when im selecting a new tone on the msgs it plays there just wont play when i get a msg. i am using zedge if that helps

gio22

Jan 17, 2011
Acworth, GA
Are you on a custom ROM? I guess it is possible this is a side effect of a bad flash. Might want to try reflashing whatever ROM you are on. Make sure you backup first, but when you restore don't restore system data. Part of that system data could be your problem and you would just be restoring it, thus putting you in an endless loop.

TigerEnigma

Jan 1, 2011
SC
If you have root explorer or another file system app, check in your system\media\audio folder. Under the notifications folder, see if you have anything in there. I have had a bad flash wipe my ringtones before and had to download some I wanted. Just a thought:)

bjballar41

Oct 31, 2010
well it started working when i did that i noticed it was really low so when it played i turned the volume up and it started working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this : go to Messaging/menu/settings. The VERY last option will set your sms tone.