White Ballistic-like case

Search This thread

someguyatx

Feb 7, 2012
Louisville
Yeah i saw one of these in black on ebay today for 13. I compared side by side to pics of ballistic and it looked the same

bmoreboy02

Dec 19, 2010
BALTIMORE MD
My cousin got one. Even tho it looks the same it fits losely unlike the ballistics tight secure fit. You can tell after a week or so that case will be really lose on the phone

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

iniz94

Jan 7, 2012
Chicago
Tempted to try one of these. Does anyone else have experience of a loose fit like bmoreboy02 posted?

kd0axs

Sep 27, 2010
Blaine, MN
I just got the yellow version of this case. It is nearly identical to the Ballistic case, but the Ballistic is made with a little thicker materials and seems to be a little better quality. Some might actually like this case better though because it adds a little less bulk but still provides a decent amount of protection. The fit seems to be perfect and all the buttons and cutouts are in exactly the right place.

One difference is that hard plastic goes over the power and volume buttons with a hole for the silicone layer to protrude through. I think this might help cut down on accidental button presses, but they are still easy to press. The plastic does not cover the button area on the Ballistic, only silicone.

Overall, it seems to be a great case and I would definitely recommend it. It's probably the best value out there for a rugged type case, and the fact that it's available in multiple colors is a plus too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Y

yang704

To be honest about case for phone. It only make the phone ugly and bad signal reception.

bjgebg

Jul 23, 2010
Just buy a outterbox case I tried a couple cases and they never amount to any thing so just spend the 40$-50$ on something that last
And that's worth it........
Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

kd0axs

Sep 27, 2010
Blaine, MN
To be honest about case for phone. It only make the phone ugly and bad signal reception.

1. Making the phone "ugly" is a matter of opinion. Millions of people put cases on their phones either because they like the way they look or because they want to protect it from damage.

2. No case made of rubber or plastic is going to have any noticeable effect on signal strength. Some cases made of metal may have a slight effect, but probably not enough to decrease performance.

kd0axs

Sep 27, 2010
Blaine, MN
Well, this case paid for itself today. I dropped my phone while getting out of my work truck. I drive a commercial truck for work, so this was about an 8 foot drop onto an asphalt parking lot and it just bounced a couple times. This surely would have been a fatal drop without a case, but with this case my phone was completely unharmed. Didn't hurt the case at all either.

No_Nickname90

Dec 30, 2010
Who? Stun?
Awesome!! I was looking at those too. I lyk Hybrid cases.

Don't get the these kickstand cases.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bk-White-Du...ccessories&hash=item27c65eb3f2#ht_1484wt_1196
And it's look alikes. They're pretty good, but they block the proxy sensors, so your screen stays black during calls. If you have a work around to turn your screen on, then please let me know. LoL!!

If you don't, you'd be stuck on the phone until the other person hangs up, or you take the case off to allow the screen to turn on. It's a pretty cool case except that one major flaw.