Chrome on Android

Search This thread

leonironchef

Feb 10, 2012
I'm an idiot...I've been using Chrome since it came out...I just realized when you have multiple tabs, you can quickly go from one to another by swiping on the edge of the screen....I was always clicking on the dots and then changing tabs...grrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DeeMat11

Jan 14, 2012
I cannot wait until I get ICS or get Chrome on GB. Desktop-wise, I have been a Chrome user for a while now.

Stadsport

Jun 3, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?

gchild320

Feb 17, 2012
Terre Haute
I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?

Agreed - stock ICS wins for me at the moment. Using Chrome on my desktop, though. Seems to be very slim on the desktop.

h.motawee

Feb 12, 2011
Cairo
Yea can't wait for a chrome version on GB .. I have been a chrome user on desktop since its first appearal and have tried it on an ICS rom and its amazingggg

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

bworley50

Jun 13, 2011
Baton Rouge
I installed Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, but it has no flash. I understand the pros and cons of flash, but in my opinion until flash is no longer used, there is no reason to leave it out of the browser. Why hasn't Google rid themselves of flash on the PC?

utsmaster18

Nov 25, 2010
The sync to the desktop is really useful though. No need to add bookmarks etc everything is just way that it is on computer.

It's my go to browser over opera and stock

BzArEx

Nov 30, 2011
Rzeszow
Sync is vital to me. I was shocked when I realised that standard Android browser didn't support Chrome bookmarks sync. Like it was on iPhone OS 3 back then. Now I'm angry because Android Chrome is ICS exlusive.

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
I hope Chrome gets better soon. The ICS stock browser is just so good I can't justify using Chrome for now.