[RoM][UCDL3] RattleSnake FINAL 04202012 14TOGGLE,1%BATTERYFINAL

Search This thread

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Minor Updates in Version 1.1 for UCDL3. Changed to using AJNewKirks kernel he modified from Entropys Kernels, I like this kernel as it gives us a working bootanimation now since I originally removed the ATT bootup and bootup sound in Version 1.0, so you can add any bootanimation.zip file to system/media if you want to now.

I also have replaced the 15 toggle status bar wiith using the UCDL3 SystemUI. STRIKE USB MASS STORAGE ATILL BROKE. Only MTP DEVICE is working properly with the status bat mod but not usb mass storage mode.

This does NOT have the kernel that some may have had issues with that had bricked a few phones. I personally was using the STOCK kernel that originally came with Entropys download and flashed between many different nandroids and different roms after full wipes without issues along with nandroiding into cm9 to see the status of how it is going, along with Omega Rom and my other roms. So this is just a precautionary measure. AGAIN as with any other rom flashing is at your own risk, so read, read, and read some more so you know what you are doing to your expensive phone and know what to do if you get into trouble.

NEW firmware updated to I777UCLD3 RattleSnake II New modem is included along with all previous tweaks to build.prop for speed. It is a new firmware so a full wipe might be expected. Some minor changes but pretty much the same theme style and this newest leak definetly seems very snappy. Hope you enjoy it.

New Version 1.3 below includes 14 toggle pulldown menu with: WIFI,DATA,BLUETOOTH,GPS,FLASHLIGHT,BRIGHTNESS,AIRPLANE,VIBRATION,AUTO ROTATION,AUTO SYNC,SCREEN TIMEOUT,LOCKSCREEN,REBOOT,WIFI HOTSPOT,SHUTDOWN TOGGLES. You can use the QuickPanel Settings App to pick which/ALL toggles to use. You can also arrange them in any order. This is Lidroids work and I just got it working with this stock based firmware. I have used some VERY NICE Icons from when I was using Omega Rom and it INCLUDES the 1% Battery using the Clear Glass Battery. So go thank Lidroid for his great work as well.

Based on the Second ATT Leak given to Task650 from DesignGears. Deodexed by Task. Thanks to Ktoonsez for repacking the stock kernel with CWM for Task. So a BIG THANKS to ALL you. Just thought I would throw something else out there to try that is different looking than stock ICS. And I am still learning how to manipulate alot of settings so it is fun learning experience. This looks and feels NOTHING LIKE stock ics.

As you might know I like Black and Blue themes, so I have lightly modified some things in this so far to start getting rid of some of the things I personally don't like about ICS colorations. Modified the framework-res to style built in that I like. Modded the systemui to include 1% battery increments now, modified many other attributes inside as well. If you are running the first version of this then you can flash this NEW version directly over it with just wiping dalvich cache.

This is still a work in progress This is just a more improved and cleaner version with the fixes I have made. The data 4g icon is now fixed and working properly along with all other in pull down menu. This is a combination of many roms pieced together that I have used in the past and pulled in what I personally like.

Some changes that I can think of at this time are:
PHONE DIALER (Contacts.apk)
BLACK/BLUE KEYBOARD
BLACK/BLUE MESSAGING
BLUE PULLDOWN TOGGLE MENU (Stock menu right now-(Wifi,Bluetooth,GPS,AutoRotation,Airplane)
BLACK/BLUE MYFILES
CLEAR BLUE BATTERY MOD BUT HAVING ISSUES WITH IT RIGHT NOW
BLUE DIGITAL CLOCK WIDGET

ADDED APEX LAUNCHER (Also has TW Launcher)

FIXED-STILL HAS BLOATWARE. I WILL BE TRYING TO IMPLEMENT G-SCRIPTS APP WITH SOME SCRIPTS TO REMOVE SYSTEM/BLOAT-FIXED

ADDED A ZIP IN ADDON LINK TO FLASH IN CWM TO GET RID OF THE MMS/SMS IN THE PHONE LOG SECTION.

NEED TO ADD APN SETTINGS SINCE THIS VERSION SEEMS TO AUTOMATICALLY USE THE OLD WAP CINGULAR410. THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BEFORE USING THE BLOATWARE REMOVAL SCRIPT. I HAVE SEEN NO OTHER EFFECTS BY REMOVING THE BLOATWARE OTHER THAN NOT BEING ABLE TO GO INTO THE MORE SECTION TO SEE YOUR APNS. IF YOU FLASH THE NEWER VERSION 1.3 OVER WHICHEVER VERSION YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON IT WILL RETAIN YOUR SETTINGS FOR YOUR APN NUMBERS.

ADDED MORE THEMED APPS TO MATCH OVERALL THEME COLORS

DOWNLOAD

I777UCDL3 Version 1.1 Using NEW Kernel that AJNewKirk had made from Entropys kernels without the mic swap to work on our phones.
MyAndroidRoms Link
http://myandroidroms.com/files/get/LA1gZt5WDF/rattlesnakerom-iiv1.1-i777-ucld3-signed.zip

HOTFILE Link
http://hotfile.com/dl/153568145/3768e69/RattleSnakeRom-IIv1.1_I777_UCLD3_signed.zip.html

DOWNLOAD LINK: Fix 15 Toggle/Battery Mod to PROPERLY use USB MASS STORAGE http://db.tt/yLVnYD0a

OLDER LEAK VERSIONS
I777UCLC5 VERSION 1.2 DOWNLOAD (for now, may delete it out soon.)http://hotfile.com/dl/152270338/55ee59a/RattleSnakeRom-I777UCPLC5-v1.2.zip.html
Updated to NEW and IMPROVED VERSION so I am deleting out the old version above this. This is the NEW RattleSnake Rom PORTED for Red5 APPROVAL :D

I777UCLC5 VERSION 1.3http://hotfile.com/dl/152338239/7565b3b/RattleSnakeRom-I777UCPLC5-v1.3.zip.html
MIRROR LINK THANKS TO EFON0388 So go give hime a Thanks
http://myandroidroms.com/files/get/CXEDwxYn07/rattlesnakerom-i777ucplc5-v1.3.zip

I used Task ported rom as a base since he already deodexed it for us and since we could not get the original version to deodex it myself. MANY CHANGES to framework-res and systemui along with adding more themed apps, gscript app,etc.

ADDON APPS THAT GO INTO DATA FOLDER.
AdFree
CM MUSIC
Go Weather widget
InkPad Notepad
CPU Spy
DropBox
DSP Manager
Gscripts app
ALONG WITH SOME CHANGED APP IN SYSTEM

JUST FLASH IN CWM
http://db.tt/fi3TVat9

##(CAUTION, SET UP YOUR NEW APNS BEFORE USING THIS SCRIPT BELOW. IT WILL MAKE IT SO AFTERWARDS YOU CANNOT GET INTO THE APN SECTION UNDER "MORE")##

Directions for using the BLOATWARE REMOVAL SCRIPT AND MMS REMOVAL.ZIP FROM PHONE LOG.
EXTRACT this zip. Move the RockRatts Bloatware script into the gscript folder created once you first click on the Gscripts app. Then you can hit the menu button,add script, choose script, and it will automatically remove all un-needed bloatware.

NEXT move the "Remove_SMS_Log_from_call_log.zip" to your sdcard and dlash it in cwm.
BLOATWARE SCRIPT AND SMS/MMS REMOVAL FROM PHONE LOG LINK
http://db.tt/rGy4tY3M

Last edited:

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Some ScreenShots and other info will go here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-02-19-05-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-02-19-05-44.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,278
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-14-16-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-14-16-22.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,082
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-21-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-21-23.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,125
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-25-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-25-17.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,959
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-25-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-25-32.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,957
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-34-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-34-46.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 2,056
  • Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-36-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-07-21-36-57.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,812
Last edited:

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Hopefully be fixed soon. Also trying to get the 1% battery to work (it is set up for only like 5 battery changes) but for some reason I am having a biotch of a time getting the mod to change and work properly. Hopefully will have a update soon, sometime this week. I have already made quite a few changes. Working on it as much as I can. Thanks for trying it out. I am gonna try to keep it as close to stock but with visual changes.

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING my CobraRom

Reactions: xpakage

yoderk

Sep 6, 2010
Reno
Hopefully be fixed soon. Also trying to get the 1% battery to work (it is set up for only like 5 battery changes) but for some reason I am having a biotch of a time getting the mod to change and work properly. Hopefully will have a update soon, sometime this week. I have already made quite a few changes. Working on it as much as I can. Thanks for trying it out. I am gonna try to keep it as close to stock but with visual changes.

Try looking into ShoStock2, it is a close build to this and it will help you line out what needs to be changed.

R

Red5

Im going to move this to the Ported forum since all that seems to be done here is just a theme is added. Task deodexed and made the rom work. Ktoonsez repacked the kernel. All that this has added to is is a theme.

Thread moved to Ported.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Im going to move this to the Ported forum since all that seems to be done here is just a theme is added. Task deodexed and made the rom work. Ktoonsez repacked the kernel. All that this has added to is is a theme.

Thread moved to Ported.

Okay if you must. I just used the deodexed as a base. I have changed apps so they are themed versions, changed framework (gonna be uploading that version soon), changed systemui, changed keyboard, other than it being based on the stock leak it will be totally different looks wise and feel wise. The only things that are the same is the kernel. It shouldnt be ported since it is i777 firmware as far as how I remember things. If I am wrong I understand. But I posted it here since it is I777 based and many things are/will be different. I onky used task version as a base since we did not/will not have the actual source to deodex. I have also added apps for functionality and plan to add others for debloating after initial install. Along with some scripts to remove the bloatware.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
On another note I will be uploading a NEW version sometime today. I fixed the battery 1% issue I was having (messed up resource.arsc file), made changes in framework and systemui. I fixed the 4g/etc. overlapping for the data in the status bar. I might add on this version the gscript app to be able to debloat with a script all the bloatware. Other possible changes that I have been doing as well. Hope you all like it.

Reactions: efan0388

3/75th Ranger

Very cool! Love your ROMs and Ports. Great work.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Some have kick ass phones.

R

Red5

Okay if you must. I just used the deodexed as a base. I have changed apps so they are themed versions, changed framework (gonna be uploading that version soon), changed systemui, changed keyboard, other than it being based on the stock leak it will be totally different looks wise and feel wise. The only things that are the same is the kernel. It shouldnt be ported since it is i777 firmware as far as how I remember things. If I am wrong I understand. But I posted it here since it is I777 based and many things are/will be different. I onky used task version as a base since we did not/will not have the actual source to deodex. I have also added apps for functionality and plan to add others for debloating after initial install. Along with some scripts to remove the bloatware.

I already said why I moved it to the Ported section. Its someone elses work that you just applied a theme for. Its the same rom/kernel that Task has in this thread except with a theme. You havent really done anything else to it. The original section is for people to have a base and then all a lot to it, otherwise its just a port of someones work... and ported stuff belongs here. Its not a knock at you, it just is what it is.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
NEW VERSION is uploaded and posted in the OP. I have also attached two other zip files. One is CWM flashable and is for adding some DATA APPS and the other needs to be extracted and has a script file for getting rid of the system bloatware and the other is a cwm flashable MMS/SMS Fix to remove them from the Phone Call Log area. PLEASE see precautions before applying the bloatware removal. you must FIRST set your APN settings before applying it otherwise you cannot get back into the APN settings under MORE. You do NOT have to use the script and can use Tibu or other ways of removing the bloat apps you dont want. Just thought I would share this as it makes it very easy. hope you enjoy. Thanks

rduncan1974

Feb 10, 2011
Redding CA
Just curious does this ROM not have nfc as I don't see it anywhere.
Only asking as thought it was a att leak not an international one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Just curious does this ROM not have nfc as I don't see it anywhere.
Only asking as thought it was a att leak not an international one.

The nfc parts were not put into the leak. So no you wont find it in any att stock rom as far as I know.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
New news... I have finally gotten the 14 toggle menu for the pulldown menu along with 1% battery increments. I will be uploading a new version shortly. I will also try to make a update zip for those that already installed version 1.2

Reactions: gsrrr and efan0388
Can you add bluetooth tethering? Seems your the only one trying to theme/mod this base so I'll $upport if you can get that added. It was in LE, akop, and cm9... But not in C5. Its so close to LE that it must be in framework somewhere (I tried settings apk from LE)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Minor Updates in Version 1.1 for UCDL3. Changed to using AJNewKirks kernel he modified from Entropys Kernels, I like this kernel as it gives us a working bootanimation now since I originally removed the ATT bootup and bootup sound in Version 1.0, so you can add any bootanimation.zip file to system/media if you want to now.

I also have replaced the 15 toggle status bar wiith using the UCDL3 SystemUI. STRIKE USB MASS STORAGE ATILL BROKE. Only MTP DEVICE is working properly with the status bat mod but not usb mass storage mode.

This does NOT have the kernel that some may have had issues with that had bricked a few phones. I personally was using the STOCK kernel that originally came with Entropys download and flashed between many different nandroids and different roms after full wipes without issues along with nandroiding into cm9 to see the status of how it is going, along with Omega Rom and my other roms. So this is just a precautionary measure. AGAIN as with any other rom flashing is at your own risk, so read, read, and read some more so you know what you are doing to your expensive phone and know what to do if you get into trouble.

NEW firmware updated to I777UCLD3 RattleSnake II New modem is included along with all previous tweaks to build.prop for speed. It is a new firmware so a full wipe might be expected. Some minor changes but pretty much the same theme style and this newest leak definetly seems very snappy. Hope you enjoy it.

New Version 1.3 below includes 14 toggle pulldown menu with: WIFI,DATA,BLUETOOTH,GPS,FLASHLIGHT,BRIGHTNESS,AIRPLANE,VIBRATION,AUTO ROTATION,AUTO SYNC,SCREEN TIMEOUT,LOCKSCREEN,REBOOT,WIFI HOTSPOT,SHUTDOWN TOGGLES. You can use the QuickPanel Settings App to pick which/ALL toggles to use. You can also arrange them in any order. This is Lidroids work and I just got it working with this stock based firmware. I have used some VERY NICE Icons from when I was using Omega Rom and it INCLUDES the 1% Battery using the Clear Glass Battery. So go thank Lidroid for his great work as well.

Based on the Second ATT Leak given to Task650 from DesignGears. Deodexed by Task. Thanks to Ktoonsez for repacking the stock kernel with CWM for Task. So a BIG THANKS to ALL you. Just thought I would throw something else out there to try that is different looking than stock ICS. And I am still learning how to manipulate alot of settings so it is fun learning experience. This looks and feels NOTHING LIKE stock ics.

As you might know I like Black and Blue themes, so I have lightly modified some things in this so far to start getting rid of some of the things I personally don't like about ICS colorations. Modified the framework-res to style built in that I like. Modded the systemui to include 1% battery increments now, modified many other attributes inside as well. If you are running the first version of this then you can flash this NEW version directly over it with just wiping dalvich cache.

This is still a work in progress This is just a more improved and cleaner version with the fixes I have made. The data 4g icon is now fixed and working properly along with all other in pull down menu. This is a combination of many roms pieced together that I have used in the past and pulled in what I personally like.

Some changes that I can think of at this time are:
    PHONE DIALER (Contacts.apk)
    BLACK/BLUE KEYBOARD
    BLACK/BLUE MESSAGING
    BLUE PULLDOWN TOGGLE MENU (Stock menu right now-(Wifi,Bluetooth,GPS,AutoRotation,Airplane)
    BLACK/BLUE MYFILES
    CLEAR BLUE BATTERY MOD BUT HAVING ISSUES WITH IT RIGHT NOW
    BLUE DIGITAL CLOCK WIDGET

ADDED APEX LAUNCHER (Also has TW Launcher)

FIXED-STILL HAS BLOATWARE. I WILL BE TRYING TO IMPLEMENT G-SCRIPTS APP WITH SOME SCRIPTS TO REMOVE SYSTEM/BLOAT-FIXED

ADDED A ZIP IN ADDON LINK TO FLASH IN CWM TO GET RID OF THE MMS/SMS IN THE PHONE LOG SECTION.

NEED TO ADD APN SETTINGS SINCE THIS VERSION SEEMS TO AUTOMATICALLY USE THE OLD WAP CINGULAR410. THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BEFORE USING THE BLOATWARE REMOVAL SCRIPT. I HAVE SEEN NO OTHER EFFECTS BY REMOVING THE BLOATWARE OTHER THAN NOT BEING ABLE TO GO INTO THE MORE SECTION TO SEE YOUR APNS. IF YOU FLASH THE NEWER VERSION 1.3 OVER WHICHEVER VERSION YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON IT WILL RETAIN YOUR SETTINGS FOR YOUR APN NUMBERS.

ADDED MORE THEMED APPS TO MATCH OVERALL THEME COLORS

DOWNLOAD

I777UCDL3 Version 1.1 Using NEW Kernel that AJNewKirk had made from Entropys kernels without the mic swap to work on our phones.
    MyAndroidRoms Link
    http://myandroidroms.com/files/get/LA1gZt5WDF/rattlesnakerom-iiv1.1-i777-ucld3-signed.zip

HOTFILE Link
    http://hotfile.com/dl/153568145/3768e69/RattleSnakeRom-IIv1.1_I777_UCLD3_signed.zip.html

DOWNLOAD LINK: Fix 15 Toggle/Battery Mod to PROPERLY use USB MASS STORAGE http://db.tt/yLVnYD0a

OLDER LEAK VERSIONS
    I777UCLC5 VERSION 1.2 DOWNLOAD (for now, may delete it out soon.)http://hotfile.com/dl/152270338/55ee59a/RattleSnakeRom-I777UCPLC5-v1.2.zip.html
    Updated to NEW and IMPROVED VERSION so I am deleting out the old version above this. This is the NEW RattleSnake Rom PORTED for Red5 APPROVAL :D

I777UCLC5 VERSION 1.3http://hotfile.com/dl/152338239/7565b3b/RattleSnakeRom-I777UCPLC5-v1.3.zip.html
    MIRROR LINK THANKS TO EFON0388 So go give hime a Thanks
    http://myandroidroms.com/files/get/CXEDwxYn07/rattlesnakerom-i777ucplc5-v1.3.zip

I used Task ported rom as a base since he already deodexed it for us and since we could not get the original version to deodex it myself. MANY CHANGES to framework-res and systemui along with adding more themed apps, gscript app,etc.

ADDON APPS THAT GO INTO DATA FOLDER.
    AdFree
    CM MUSIC
    Go Weather widget
    InkPad Notepad
    CPU Spy
    DropBox
    DSP Manager
    Gscripts app
    ALONG WITH SOME CHANGED APP IN SYSTEM

JUST FLASH IN CWM
    http://db.tt/fi3TVat9

##(CAUTION, SET UP YOUR NEW APNS BEFORE USING THIS SCRIPT BELOW. IT WILL MAKE IT SO AFTERWARDS YOU CANNOT GET INTO THE APN SECTION UNDER "MORE")##

Directions for using the BLOATWARE REMOVAL SCRIPT AND MMS REMOVAL.ZIP FROM PHONE LOG.
    EXTRACT this zip. Move the RockRatts Bloatware script into the gscript folder created once you first click on the Gscripts app. Then you can hit the menu button,add script, choose script, and it will automatically remove all un-needed bloatware.

NEXT move the "Remove_SMS_Log_from_call_log.zip" to your sdcard and dlash it in cwm.
    BLOATWARE SCRIPT AND SMS/MMS REMOVAL FROM PHONE LOG LINK
    http://db.tt/rGy4tY3M
    NEW Version 1.3 linked in OP. Many GREAT changes and even NICER looking now.
    Some ScreenShots and other info will go here.
    New news... I have finally gotten the 14 toggle menu for the pulldown menu along with 1% battery increments. I will be uploading a new version shortly. I will also try to make a update zip for those that already installed version 1.2