Lazyboy Hutch...

Search This thread

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I just sent the images below to my Father-in-law to tends to make stuff out of wood. He makes beautiful hutches, cabinets, hope chests, cribs, and other wood furniture pieces that he gives to family members and does it as a hobby. He makes great stuff.

My wife is always complaining that I clutter up the end table near my lazyboy with stuff... I have a TV tray like thing in front of the chair where I have a notebook most of the time so that I can be out with the family while working on my second job and having a storage area that looks like a piece of furniture would be handy.

The hutch idea would give me a place to put that stuff, and provide a central power station at the same time. I am always needing to temporarily plug something into the wall as well, and this would give me a way of doing that without diving behind the couch to get to the socket. Sometimes I need to program a router or plug in a backup drive etc... and I have a power dock now there for my phone, charge my tablet etc...

While I could work from my home office, it tends to get hot this time of year and I prefer to spend more time out with the family.

I think these things should be in stores...

What do you think??

Click for larger Image

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Just found out that he is building it! Should have it sometime in late May. Will take pictures when I get it.

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
That's pretty awesome. They should build that into entertainment systems as well. A central plug at the bottom of it to plug into the wall then two power strips that have like 10-15 plugs. We are such power hogs.

jscarano

Jun 1, 2010
Orlando Fl
I just sent the images below to my Father-in-law to tends to make stuff out of wood. He makes beautiful hutches, cabinets, hope chests, cribs, and other wood furniture pieces that he gives to family members and does it as a hobby. He makes great stuff.

My wife is always complaining that I clutter up the end table near my lazyboy with stuff... I have a TV tray like thing in front of the chair where I have a notebook most of the time so that I can be out with the family while working on my second job and having a storage area that looks like a piece of furniture would be handy.

The hutch idea would give me a place to put that stuff, and provide a central power station at the same time. I am always needing to temporarily plug something into the wall as well, and this would give me a way of doing that without diving behind the couch to get to the socket. Sometimes I need to program a router or plug in a backup drive etc... and I have a power dock now there for my phone, charge my tablet etc...

While I could work from my home office, it tends to get hot this time of year and I prefer to spend more time out with the family.

I think these things should be in stores...

What do you think??

Click for larger Image

Thats awesome I need one lol

Top Liked Posts