2 questions kit kat

Search This thread

paniro187

Sep 19, 2010
am i sol if i'mr rooted on the att g2 and have stock recovery?? also i'm on scotts clean rom and i don't see the option to update the phone........

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
am i sol if i'mr rooted on the att g2 and have stock recovery?? also i'm on scotts clean rom and i don't see the option to update the phone........

You'll probably be better off if you wait for a flashable zip to be available for your phone. With people are having stability issues and the risk of losing root, there's should be no rush to update yet. I'd suggest just flashing TWRP and making backups at this point. Try FreeGee on the play store. If you really want the KitKat experience, try out some of the ROMs already available - they are getting more stable every week.

NevetsDrassel

Sep 24, 2013

You are going to have to revert to stock, either D80010d or D80010o software package.

This is how I did it and remained rooted, although you will loose root in the first step but you get it right back.

Revert to stock software package D80010d using LG Flash Tools. (see the thread on this in this forum or check youtube for directions)
You can skip this step if you revert to the D80010o software package instead of the D80010d package.

Revert to stock software package D80010o using LG Flash Tools. (see the thread on this in this forum or check youtube for directions)
Once you have the D80010o installed, you need to root using the ioroot22 package. (search for ioroot22 on this forum. Some use ioroot23)
Once you are rooted, you need to contact AT&T through chat and ask them to push the D80010q or the "q" update to you.
Install the "q" update and check that you kept root.
Pull the D80020c KitKat update off of the AT&T server (though wifi) and install it.
Check for root again.

You are done. Reverting to stock will reflash the phone so you will loose everything on it so make sure you have backups of the important files. You will also loose the custom recovery TWRP if you have it installed and you will not be able to reinstall it as there is no way as of now to exploit the KITKAT software for a custom recovery.

Last edited: