[Q] CM6 mash up? Nightly? What's the diff?

Search This thread

Ruggerxpunk

Jul 8, 2010
Yeah i said diff. I apologize.

So what's the difference? Currently I'm running CM6 test8 cause the bluetooth works with wiimote. But my wifi tether I can't get to work. **Edit** But I can't get my PSX4Droid to work. This really has nothing to do with anything but I just want to know what's the difference or benefit of the nightlies.

Last edited:
J

jdkoreclipse

Mashup- includes some bugfixes
Nightly-plain cm6

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

J

jdkoreclipse

Some fixes are added from main cyanogen git

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010
So why do they compile a new cm6 zip every night?

A new nightly is made every so often that include incremental fixes that are extremely minor. This may result in koush testing different things and seeing how they work out so that maybe some of the fixes that do work go into the next test i.e. cm6 test 9.

People who use the nightlies are running roms that are experimental and are not totally stable. Just don't worry about the nightlies if your current cm6 is working fine. All the fixes that do work from the nightlies will eventually be released in a stable rom.

Reactions: rezarivani

Ruggerxpunk

Jul 8, 2010
Thanks. Well now I got my wifi tether to work...but my PSX4Droid doens't work in CM6 test8. Can anyone confirm if theirs does in test 8?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So why do they compile a new cm6 zip every night?

A new nightly is made every so often that include incremental fixes that are extremely minor. This may result in koush testing different things and seeing how they work out so that maybe some of the fixes that do work go into the next test i.e. cm6 test 9.

People who use the nightlies are running roms that are experimental and are not totally stable. Just don't worry about the nightlies if your current cm6 is working fine. All the fixes that do work from the nightlies will eventually be released in a stable rom.