Case Wiki---Reviews | Cases for Extended Battery | Recomendations

Search This thread

jordo_99

Oct 11, 2010
If you have a review that you would like me to link I'd be happy to do it. Just let me know.

Here's a great link listing 15 of the cases here (minus one that's a skin) with prices

***Feel free to post in this thread if you have anything to add...I'll be monitoring this and updating OFTEN. Linking and posting here so to cut down on relevant discussion in other posts would help me and the community a great deal to have everything in one place.***

Cases with Standard Battery (GSM and LTE)

Case Mate Barely There
(Slim Hardshell) -- Video Review -- "A little loose on GSM, fit is designed for LTE"
Case Mate Tough Case (Tough Hardshell) -- Video Review
Case Mate Pop Case (Silicone + Hardshell) -- Video Review | Forum Review -- Designed for GSM (possibly works for LTE?)

Cimo Gloss (TPU) - white version

Cruzer Lite (TPU) -- "Fit ideal for GSM, works well for LTE too"

Diztronic (TPU) - Review Thread -- "Fit ideal for GSM, works well for LTE too"

eBay Charcoal Diamond Case (TPU) -- Forum Review

Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber
(Skin) -- Forum Review -- "Carbon Fiber feels great and adds pretty much no bulk. The screen protector is great"

Incipio NGP (TPU) -- Video Review
Incipio Silicrylic (Tough hardshell) -- Video Review
Incipio Feather (Slim hardshell) -- Video Review

Otterbox Defender (Tough Hardshell w/ holster) -- Video Demo -- Seidio Active vs Otterbox Defender Post
Otterbox Commuter (Tough Hardshell) -- Video Review

PDair Leather Case (Leather Pouch) -- Video Demo -- Forum Pics/Review
PDair Leather Case 2 (Leather Flip Top) -- Video Demo -- 2 credit card slots, belt clip

Qmadix Snap-On Case w/ Holster (Hardshell) -- Forum Review (Pics) -- Includes snap-on cover/holster -- "Fits GSM and LTE - Qmadix" | "I've had multiple Qmadix shell/holsters for multiple devices, and they never disappoint"

Qubits Snap-On (TPU/Hybrid?) -- Forum Review -- "This does not fit the Verizon LTE version."
Qubits Black Leather Case (Leather) -- Forum Review
Qubits Black TPU Gel Skin (TPU) -- Forum Review (pics)

Rearth Ringke Slim (Slim Hardshell)

S-Line Wave (TPU) -- Black Review -- White Review[/QUOTE]

Seidio Surface (Slim, Rubberized Hardshell) -- Video Review
Seidio Active (Rubberized Hardshell) -- Has a kickstand -- Seidio Active (Pics and one next to Otterbox Defender) -- Seidio Active vs Otterbox Defender Post
Seidio 15% off coupon - winter11

Sena Ultraslim (Leather Pouch) - - Thin leather pouch for those who want to go naked but still have occasional protection.

SGP Ultra Capsule (TPU Case) --
SGP Neo Hybrid (Hardshell/Silicone Case) --

Skinomi Carbon (Skin) -- Forum Pictures

Verizon Shell / Holster (Snap-On Hardshell) -- Holster and kickstand
Verizon Silicon Covers (Silicon) -- High Gloss | Regular

Last edited:

jordo_99

Oct 11, 2010
With Extended Battery (LTE)

Case Mate Barely There -- Barely There vs Feather PICS -- "Works but a result of the Barely There case being pushed out more, the side volume and power buttons sit right against the cutouts in the case, making them harder to press." | "Most minimal amount of coverage you can get to still have a case on, it feels and looks ok, but IMO it's not usable with the extended battery, the power button is too hard to hit as it's against the edge of the cut-out area (pics later...don't have them with me at work)."

Cimo Gloss - "fits both extended and regular back covers" - Cimo rep

Cruzer Lite -- "this also fits the extended battery. Showed my boss the case and then let him try it on his phone. Fit perfect! This is on the LTE version with extended battery. So Im sure it will fit GSM version too with extended battery."

Diztronic -- "Fits on mine...It appears to be designed for GSM phones but works well with my LTE with extended battery using this method.

Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber Skin -- "I would assume this would line up perfectly assuming you have the standard battery door. I am using the extended battery and door so the cutout was slightly off. The guy at the kiosk enlarged the cutout so it appeared correct."

Incipio NPG -- "Bulge with extended battery" / "case is bulky but fits" / "use factory back with extended battery"

Incipio Silicrylic "I got the Incipio Sycrillic case with mine." | "The Incipio Silicrylic fits, but has a slight gap at the sides where the hard plastic fits over the silicone" | "It pops up enough with the extended battery in that it annoys me. However, I've been using the case while leaving the battery door off and it's working great." | "The incipio Sylicrilic case does not fit correctly. I tried it in the store." | "It's not a perfect fit, but it's hardly noticeable in my opinion the gap between the outer cover and the inner one"

Incipio Feather-- Barely There vs Feather Pics -- "It's "useable" with the extended battery, but still pushing the limits."

Otterbox Defender -- "Great" / "It fits with the Otterbox Defender series (a tight fit but it works)"

Otterbox Commuter -- PICS of Extended Battery Fit -- "2 of the corners have a slight gap and are left "

Qmadix Snap-On Case w/ Holster -- I have the Qmadix and it takes a little flexing to get it right, but you can use it with the extended battery.

Rocketfish -- Recommended Thread "The Rocketfish case will close.... but NOT all the way" | "use factory back with extended battery" | "a tight fit when the front and back were snapped. It was like it was trying to come apart, but was VERY difficult to remove"

Rearth Ringke Slim -- "Sending to our Dev team...does not work with extended battery yet - Rearth"

S-Line Hybrid -- "definitely doesn't fit with the extended battery cover."

Seidio Surface -- Seidio Email Response -- Video w/ and w/o backing -- "Thin, perfect fit, no fingerprints" | "tight as well. it just plain won't snap closed with the extended battery cover and using it with the stock cover it closes, but it's tight"

Verizon Shell / Holster -- | How to get case to work with Extended Battery LTE -- "Works without the back cover" / "It does not fit with Verizon's Shell Holster Combo"

Last edited:

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
It seems like there is a new thread popping up every hour asking which case to get so I figured I'd dig around and round up all the cases and remarks people have made to try and give a single place for people to find everything.

I'm going to use the first page to have information about stock SGN cases (no extended battery). Then the next post will be reserved for the same thing, except with the extended battery for LTE.

***Feel free to post in this thread if you have anything to add...I'll be monitoring this and updating from time to time***

Cases with Standard Battery

Case Mate Barely There
(Slim Hardshell)

Diztronic (TPU) - Review Thread

Incipio Double (Semi-Rigid)
Incipio Silicrylic (tough hardshell)
Incipio Feather (slim hardshell)

Otterbox Defender (Tough Hardshell w/ holster)
Otterbox Commuter (Tough Hardshell)

Rocketfish

S-Line Wave (TPU)

Seidio Surface (Slim, Rubberized Hardshell)
Seidio Active (Rubberized Hardshell) -- Has a kickstand

Verizon Shell / Holster

nice work, but you didnt list whether these are for th gsm or the lte model, i got a gsm nexus and the barely there case is a bit too loose(meant for the lte). on the other hand, the cruzer lite case and diztronic cases are for the gsm.

nak1017

Apr 20, 2010
Might want to add Case-mate's Tough-mate to the list. I've got it, it's great, but it will collect lint faster than a lint-roller and seems to like peeling up screen protectors...

ehudmi

Jan 25, 2010
Flip Case with Extended battery

I don't know if there's an extended battery for the GSM SGN but I would love to have a case like the one I have for my Iphone which look like that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PU-LEATHER-FLIP-SKIN-CASE-COVER-APPLE-IPHONE-4-4G-3G-3GS-/120832338413?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1c222b29ed&autorefresh=true

It should be able to accommodate an extended battery.

Al the SGN cases so far flip the wrong way for me to use in my car mount or have a tab that protrudes without being elegant.
Has anyone seen or has any ideas about cases of the kind I mean for the SGN?

Thanks,

Ehud

jordo_99

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks for the tips. I'm adding the Tough-mate after I post this. This is definitely a work in progress as I had only gone through the first page and a bit of the 2nd page of threads looking for information. At that point the great majority of posts were mostly reiterating what I'd already gathered so I thought I would just wait and add the things I missed as they're posted in here (assuming people use it).

jordo_99

Oct 11, 2010
I don't know if there's an extended battery for the GSM SGN but I would love to have a case like the one I have for my Iphone which look like that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PU-LEATHER-FLIP-SKIN-CASE-COVER-APPLE-IPHONE-4-4G-3G-3GS-/120832338413?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1c222b29ed&autorefresh=true

It should be able to accommodate an extended battery.

Al the SGN cases so far flip the wrong way for me to use in my car mount or have a tab that protrudes without being elegant.
Has anyone seen or has any ideas about cases of the kind I mean for the SGN?

Thanks,

Ehud

I've added the DPair case to the list...I can't vouch for the quality of it or anything, but it appears to be what you're looking for.

jordo_99

Oct 11, 2010
*** Updated ***
Just went through six pages of the cases w/ extended battery thread (up to post 57) and added a bunch of extra comments to the Extended Battery (LTE) list.

I'm basically trying to weed out all the non-informative comments and summarize every single thread about cases...if people could start posting/linking to this thread it would help me (and probably you and other members) out considerably

Last edited:
Reactions: boom1shot

ehudmi

Jan 25, 2010
Hi,

The PDAir case is along the way of what I want but it has the annoying tab to close the case which is something I'd rather do without. The Iphone case I have is without the tab - it just flips close magnetically.
I use to have a case with a tab on my HTC HD2 and it was annoying. It also doesn't fit quite as well in the car mount.
Could we get someone to produce custom made cases in China?...just a thought...

pattont

Sep 13, 2008
I am also interested in the Seidio case if it will fit with the extended battery. I bought and returned the Rocketfish case from Best Buy (which looks identical) to the Seidio one because it was such a tight fit when the front and back were snapped. It was like it was trying to come apart, but was VERY difficult to remove. I may just wait for an official solution from these manufacturers. With the price and great reviews everyone seems to be getting the extended battery. I mean the phone just feels better with it in there.

raing

Nov 24, 2009
I have the Diztronic TPU case and it fits my LTE nexus like a glove WITH the extended battery. I fit it without the extended battery for comparison, and it was virtually the same either way.

LeCore

Mar 8, 2011
I am also interested in the Seidio case if it will fit with the extended battery. I bought and returned the Rocketfish case from Best Buy (which looks identical) to the Seidio one because it was such a tight fit when the front and back were snapped. It was like it was trying to come apart, but was VERY difficult to remove. I may just wait for an official solution from these manufacturers. With the price and great reviews everyone seems to be getting the extended battery. I mean the phone just feels better with it in there.

the seidio one is tight as well. it just plain won't snap closed with the extended battery cover and using it with the stock cover it closes, but it's tight. there's a feltish backing on the inside of the back of the case that you can maybe peel away and get an extra .25mm which might be just enough to relieve the excess tension

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have a review that you would like me to link I'd be happy to do it. Just let me know.

Here's a great link listing 15 of the cases here (minus one that's a skin) with prices

***Feel free to post in this thread if you have anything to add...I'll be monitoring this and updating OFTEN. Linking and posting here so to cut down on relevant discussion in other posts would help me and the community a great deal to have everything in one place.***

Cases with Standard Battery (GSM and LTE)

Case Mate Barely There
    (Slim Hardshell) -- Video Review -- "A little loose on GSM, fit is designed for LTE"
    Case Mate Tough Case (Tough Hardshell) -- Video Review
    Case Mate Pop Case (Silicone + Hardshell) -- Video Review | Forum Review -- Designed for GSM (possibly works for LTE?)

Cimo Gloss (TPU) - white version

Cruzer Lite (TPU) -- "Fit ideal for GSM, works well for LTE too"

Diztronic (TPU) - Review Thread -- "Fit ideal for GSM, works well for LTE too"

eBay Charcoal Diamond Case (TPU) -- Forum Review

Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber
    (Skin) -- Forum Review -- "Carbon Fiber feels great and adds pretty much no bulk. The screen protector is great"

Incipio NGP (TPU) -- Video Review
    Incipio Silicrylic (Tough hardshell) -- Video Review
    Incipio Feather (Slim hardshell) -- Video Review

Otterbox Defender (Tough Hardshell w/ holster) -- Video Demo -- Seidio Active vs Otterbox Defender Post
    Otterbox Commuter (Tough Hardshell) -- Video Review

PDair Leather Case (Leather Pouch) -- Video Demo -- Forum Pics/Review
    PDair Leather Case 2 (Leather Flip Top) -- Video Demo -- 2 credit card slots, belt clip

Qmadix Snap-On Case w/ Holster (Hardshell) -- Forum Review (Pics) -- Includes snap-on cover/holster -- "Fits GSM and LTE - Qmadix" | "I've had multiple Qmadix shell/holsters for multiple devices, and they never disappoint"

Qubits Snap-On (TPU/Hybrid?) -- Forum Review -- "This does not fit the Verizon LTE version."
    Qubits Black Leather Case (Leather) -- Forum Review
    Qubits Black TPU Gel Skin (TPU) -- Forum Review (pics)

S-Line Wave (TPU) -- Black Review -- White Review[/QUOTE]

Seidio Surface (Slim, Rubberized Hardshell) -- Video Review
    Seidio Active (Rubberized Hardshell) -- Has a kickstand -- Seidio Active (Pics and one next to Otterbox Defender) -- Seidio Active vs Otterbox Defender Post

Sena Ultraslim (Leather Pouch) - - Thin leather pouch for those who want to go naked but still have occasional protection.

SGP Ultra Capsule (TPU Case) --
    SGP Neo Hybrid (Hardshell/Silicone Case) --

Skinomi Carbon (Skin) -- Forum Pictures

Verizon Shell / Holster (Snap-On Hardshell) -- Holster and kickstand
    Verizon Silicon Covers (Silicon) -- High Gloss | Regular
    With Extended Battery (LTE)

Case Mate Barely There -- Barely There vs Feather PICS -- "Works but a result of the Barely There case being pushed out more, the side volume and power buttons sit right against the cutouts in the case, making them harder to press." | "Most minimal amount of coverage you can get to still have a case on, it feels and looks ok, but IMO it's not usable with the extended battery, the power button is too hard to hit as it's against the edge of the cut-out area (pics later...don't have them with me at work)."

Cimo Gloss - "fits both extended and regular back covers" - Cimo rep

Cruzer Lite -- "this also fits the extended battery. Showed my boss the case and then let him try it on his phone. Fit perfect! This is on the LTE version with extended battery. So Im sure it will fit GSM version too with extended battery."

Diztronic -- "Fits on mine...It appears to be designed for GSM phones but works well with my LTE with extended battery using this method.

Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber Skin -- "I would assume this would line up perfectly assuming you have the standard battery door. I am using the extended battery and door so the cutout was slightly off. The guy at the kiosk enlarged the cutout so it appeared correct."

Incipio NPG -- "Bulge with extended battery" / "case is bulky but fits" / "use factory back with extended battery"

Incipio Silicrylic "I got the Incipio Sycrillic case with mine." | "The Incipio Silicrylic fits, but has a slight gap at the sides where the hard plastic fits over the silicone" | "It pops up enough with the extended battery in that it annoys me. However, I've been using the case while leaving the battery door off and it's working great." | "The incipio Sylicrilic case does not fit correctly. I tried it in the store." | "It's not a perfect fit, but it's hardly noticeable in my opinion the gap between the outer cover and the inner one"

Incipio Feather-- Barely There vs Feather Pics -- "It's "useable" with the extended battery, but still pushing the limits."

Otterbox Defender -- "Great" / "It fits with the Otterbox Defender series (a tight fit but it works)"

Otterbox Commuter -- PICS of Extended Battery Fit -- "2 of the corners have a slight gap and are left "

Qmadix Snap-On Case w/ Holster -- I have the Qmadix and it takes a little flexing to get it right, but you can use it with the extended battery.

Rocketfish -- Recommended Thread "The Rocketfish case will close.... but NOT all the way" | "use factory back with extended battery" | "a tight fit when the front and back were snapped. It was like it was trying to come apart, but was VERY difficult to remove"

Rearth Ringke Slim -- "Sending to our Dev team...does not work with extended battery yet - Rearth"

S-Line Hybrid -- "definitely doesn't fit with the extended battery cover."

Seidio Surface -- Seidio Email Response -- Video w/ and w/o backing -- "Thin, perfect fit, no fingerprints" | "tight as well. it just plain won't snap closed with the extended battery cover and using it with the stock cover it closes, but it's tight"

Verizon Shell / Holster -- | How to get case to work with Extended Battery LTE -- "Works without the back cover" / "It does not fit with Verizon's Shell Holster Combo"
    Hey guys,

Had my S-line Wave TPU case for a few days now, decided to throw up a quick review! It's a great case, brilliant protection, great cut-outs and it was only £1.75!

eBay link

Here's a quick video review of the case!

More reviews!

Hey guys I'm back with some more case reviews!

First up is the S-Line Wave case with a kickstand!!!

Great little case! kickstand really useful for movies e.t.c!

Second, not a case, but a nifty little pouch!

Really like this one, fits the Nexus perfectly, easy to remove, great all rounder!

And last, a slim hardshell case!

Nice slim hard case, great for the minimalist! It even shows off the fact you have a nexus and you're proud ;)

Extra pics and more available here!
    Here's a few images of the Active.

It's a very slim design, IMO. FWIW, the chunkier area (the back plate) hides very well in the palm of my hand. And you can see that there's a slight gap by lower area of the camera opening.