sgs2 over night dead?

Search This thread

dtwizzy

Oct 7, 2010
hey,

prehisory:

last night, my phone were somewhere in my bed, cus i fell asleep. the wohle night i'm charging my phone always.
(happened a few times, but i think this time i slept over my phone)

next morning i woke up, picked up the phone & wanted to use it, but it got a freeze screen, was medium-temperatured (not more than a little gaming).

didn't thought anything bad, i pulled out my micro usb charger and forced a restart by contiounsly press power.

problem now:

it booted up as normal but it took really longer than usual. it seemed to freeze sometimes during boot, sometimes i canceled booting, and tried another time..
really really strange behaviors happened, but after a long time just let the phone boot, i got dropped to my homescreeen. all was looking good except the whole status bar just wasn't there. damn.. but ok, tried another 1-2 boots, to see if it get stable after a while but that doens't changed anything..
i can't eitgher get into CWM, just into download mode.

ideas?

i thought overheated but i guess that my phone either would'nt boot up (cpu burned) or stays at black screen (gpu burned)?

so i tried getting into CWM which doesn't worked. then i flashed official samsung ics via odin -> boots up till the coulorized "S" appears, stays in this state, and keep bootlooping (see this when the animation starts by this kind of flowers again)

tried another older stock rom, the same. stock kernel, the same, cf-root with CWM4, the same, i cant even then get in CWM..

any idea??

i'm goin crazy on this.. too much money wasted if this wont work -.-

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
flash a rom like hydrog3n rom, it doesnt need you to fully wipe so most likely you wont get a boot loop, once youve tried that, post here and ill reply

Which part of "i can't eitgher get into CWM, just into download mode. " did you not understand?

OP:
Just flash a ICS rom for now and later you can try to see if it works or not. (CWM)

Have a good day.

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Can you get stock recovery?
From Odin flash cwm, not the CFRoot one. than try it, strange you can get download mode but not recovery.

You have to wipe to get rid of boot loop

Sent from my GT-I9100

cabloomi

Feb 25, 2012
Iraq
PROBLEM SOLVED
YOU FORGOT TO USE THE HOME KEY
1. Put 1 finger on home
2. Put 1 finger on volume up
3. Put 1 finger on top of power
4. Press them all together, and as soon as you see the anything on the screen, let go of everything

>>>>next time try to look up a guide on how to get into cwm recovery<<<<

Last edited:

dtwizzy

Oct 7, 2010
PROBLEM SOLVED
YOU FORGOT TO USE THE HOME KEY
1. Put 1 finger on home
2. Put 1 finger on volume up
3. Put 1 finger on top of power
4. Press them all together, and as soon as you see the anything on the screen, let go of everything

>>>>next time try to look up a guide on how to get into cwm recovery<<<<

i did, it doesnt accessed cwm. never mind tryin around solved it.

now all fresh installed off samsungs official, but it isnt as good as before:

still slow bootup, and my status-bar is missing after booting (using latest miui which i also had before this problem, so formerly it was working)

after bootup, touch keys and all other won't response, so if bootup to lockscreen -> wait til screen goes off -> u cant wake the phone, or u have to wait a while maybe it light up for some reason.

any ideas?

hardware damage? i hope not..

cabloomi

Feb 25, 2012
Iraq
no i think you need a good wipeing. but you need to find a way to get into download mode, dont give up try it 3 more time's, dont keep pressing the after the buttons logo apears

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
try this or its hardware............ you do any deviation and you are on your own.
remove your external sdcard and dont put it back until you are sure your phone works

as per your above post you can access cwm

1: format data / cache / system / sdcard or emmc [system is a must]
2: format preboot / boot [cwm 5.5 or some alternat if option available]
3: download stock i9100 ROM from checkfus (prefer) or sammobile
4: flash using odin, after first boot dial *2767*3855#
5: do not sign in, use for half hour or so, if you think it works sign in to google.
6: do not restore any thing, no titanium backups/restores
7: do not put your sdcard

if your phone works now you know its not hardware now do whatever

dtwizzy

Oct 7, 2010
thanks mate you strength my opinion and hope that it isn't hardware.

i already had an stock ICS samsung rom on it, with sd mounted all worked fluently and well. (LPH rom). so i flashed a suitable CF-root with CWM, get in there, flashed custom ROM (latest miui + siyah kernel, the same combination i used for month and it worked).

so but what causes these problems i have? before it was fast booting and stable, now slow and the status bar is missing, the rom wont boot up in a normal way, i have to "bully" my phone while boot that i can see the desktop..

?:(

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
And your problem suddenly changed!
Custom ROM issues, download again, download something else, wipe, flash again.

Sent from my GT-I9100

dtwizzy

Oct 7, 2010
And your problem suddenly changed!
Custom ROM issues, download again, download something else, wipe, flash again.

Sent from my GT-I9100

yes it seemed like that, but i cant understand why it happened over night? i didnt used the phone and whoos! i woke up and all's screwed up? <,< d**m