[MOD][GB] AdrenoBooster v0.7 [2x Graphics Performance!][Updated: 10/06/2013]

Search This thread

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
2vbvu6x.png

This only works on Gingerbread, not anything else. We are still working on finding alternative tweaks for ICS and JB
This is a MOD to boost the performance of the Adreno 205 GPU in the Xperia Play. (This mod should also work on other Adreno devices (Adreno 205+) and whilst some people have had some success I cannot confirm which devices other than the Play it works with)

This mod is a joint collaboration/venture of me and CosmicDan. However, as of version 0.2 CosmicDan has unfortunately left the Xperia 2011 range for better things. I wish him every success in the future.

CosmicDan was able to find a variant of the 'adreno_config.txt' file that contains settings that should work on our device. Since finding this we have found numerous combinations of settings that increase the performance of our chips. See below.

What does it do?
The configuration file consists of multiple options, each which do their very own unique 'tweaking' to the way the GPU performs. One of the most notable options we are using is 'triJuice', an explanation of which is below:

If our phones were to have their own driver application, what this would be doing is essentially moving the 'Quality/Performance' slider towards 'Performance'. This tells the GPU to concentrate on 'Performance' rather than 'Quality'.

See CosmicDan's explanation here:
It's common graphics stuff and the same for PC's, we have told the GPU to put a focus on performance instead of quality. But the quality is not sacrificed much, it's barely noticeable. Maybe some games will look not so well, you'll have to test and see.

It's like we've lowered effect and texture detail on a system-wide level, allowing the CPU and GPU to give more time to work on geometry and frame updates and such. Useful because many games don't have settings for graphics quality.

Another notable option is 'forceAutoTextureCompression'. This saves RAM and makes texture rendering faster, but the actual loading of the game might be a tiny bit slower - however once it's loaded it will have faster rendering.

A list of possible settings for this configuration file are below (For detailed descriptions please see attached)

Post 3 lists which settings tend to increase or reduce performance, I will not give instructions on how to modify this however if you to intend on making your own config file please use Post 3 as a guide.

Code:
; Performance Analysis

performance=normal
disableExtraSwapBlit=0
ignoreGLFlush=0

;   Binning

binning=hw
forceGuardband=0
guardbandValue=0
forceGmemSize=0
gmemSize=0
veboSetting=0
veboSetting=0
numBins_weight=80
numGroups_weight=20

;    Logging

log.resolves=0
log.pm4=0
log.pm4mem=0
log.shaders=0
log.sc_dev=0
log.sc_dev_shader_name=sc_dev_dump.txt
log.cffdump=0
log.cffdump_with_ifh=0
log.cffdump_no_memzero=0
log.dumpx=0
log.primitives=0

;    Debugging

waitForIdleAfterDraw=0
waitForIdleOnSubmit=0
disableSwapTsIdle=0
clockGating=off
useSafeMode=0
redirectDebugMessages=0
forceChipId=Default

;    Primitive Conversion.

convertTristrips=default
convertTrifans=default
convertLineloops=default
shader_sub.write=0
shader_sub.read=0
shader_sub.trivialfs=0

;    Features and Performance

facenessCulling=default
vboDataAlignment=natural 
enableOptimizedTextureUpdates=1
enableOptimizedVboUpdates=1
forceAutoTextureCompression=1
triJuice=1
enableInlineConstantUpdates=1
enableMemoryPool=1
enableFastClears=1
ditherSafeFastClears=0
shadowGmemInAppBuffers=1
textureTiling=0
preserveZStencilOnSwap=0
allowDepthExport=0
untileDynamicTextures=1
fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath=1
useGpuTilingHints=1

;    MultiSampling Antialiasing (MSAA) 

MSAASmoothing=Normal
MSAABufferAllocation=never
forceMSAAMode=0
MSAAMode=0
VAESEnable=0
VAESGenericError=0
VAESFailNth=0
VAESDoNotFailFirstN=0
VAESRandomSeed=0
VAESFailPercent=0

;    2D Settings

2D.HwBlt=1
2D.eglSwapMode=noidle
2D.forceEglSwapInterval=0
2D.eglSwapInterval=0

;    LEIA Features 

leiaEnableLrzWrites=0
leiaEnableLrzExpansion=0
leiaExportColorForLrzUnresolve=0
leiaEnableFastLrzUnresolves=0

;    Oxili settings.

oxiliDisableLazyUpdates=0
oxiliDisableChunkedUpdates=0
oxiliForceShaderDirectUpdates=0
oxiliForceConstantDirectUpdates=0
oxiliForceIstoreCacheMode=1
oxiliForceCstoreSingleBuffer=0
oxiliForceShaderSingleContext=0
oxiliForceSuperthreadMode=1
oxiliForceVsSingleThread=0
oxiliForceFsSingleThread=0
oxiliForceSingleSp=0
oxiliSkipClears=0
oxiliForceSysmemRender=1

;    Other settings

FPSCap=60
allowFloatFBOs=1
suppressTimestampInterrupts=0
GPUIdleTimeout=off
GPUIdleTimeoutMsec=0

Please ignore the values of the above settings unless otherwise stated. The majority of these are stock/default values for our device.

Downloads - Official repository

AdrenoBooster v0.7

AdrenoBooster v0.6

AdrenoBooster v0.5 - Quality Edition

AdrenoBooster v0.4.1 - Battery Edition

AdrenoBooster v0.3 - Minimal Edition - This version will give you the best performance - stability ratio. Whilst the other versions may give you better performance but in some rare instances lower quality/artifacts, this version should give you the best of both worlds.

AdrenoBooster v0.1

AdrenoBooster v0.2

Instructions

Download and copy the ZIP to SD Card. Then flash using CWM. :)

NOTE: Please ensure you reboot your device after the first boot post-installation of the mod or it will not be active.

Requirements

Init.d support
Root
Any Gingerbread ROM

Screenshots

2n08w2w.png
r8t2yh.png
screenshot_2013_02_27_2107_by_br_david-d5wes33.png

IMPORTANT!! - Please ensure you thank 'CosmicDan' as well for this fantastic mod. A huge portion of the work has been done by him!
(See 5th post if you would like to 'Thank' him)

Attachments

• adreno_config.txt
    38.8 KB · Views: 6,322
Last edited:

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Troubleshooting

First, give yourself another reboot - Just in case!

If it still doesn't seem to be working for you, check to see if the files have copied to your device. Check the following locations for the following files with any file manager with Root support.

/system/etc/init.d - Filename: 93adreno
/system/etc - Filename: adreno_config.txt

You should also see adreno_config.txt in the following location if the init.d script is working correctly: /data/local/tmp
If this file is not in this location then chances are you do not have init.d support.

Black screen on boot? See here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40013461&postcount=377

Extras

You can assist with the testing of some of these settings by doing the following:

• Open a new text file in a standard text editor (Notepad++ or Notepad for Windows)
  • Choose values from the above post to put into your configuration file. (Use the attached adreno_config.txt file as an indication of what setting does what)
  • Save this new file as 'adreno_config.txt'
  • Copy this text file to your phones SD Card.
  • Open your File Manager on your phone (I use ES File Explorer)
  • Prepare adreno_config.txt on your SD Card for copying
  • Navigate to /Data/local/tmp and paste the file there
  • Reboot.

Please be aware that if you have any cleaner init.d scripts this will NOT work, as when you reboot /data/local/tmp will be deleted.

Devs/Chefs/Tinkerers

If you would like to add this to your ROM please simply drop a short request in this thread or PM.

After which, please ensure proper credit is given.

Current Antutu Highscore
(With the benefits of this mod) - By CrypticRook

2wn8ylt.jpg

Manually Uninstalling the Mod

Navigate to the following locations and remove the files.

/data/local/tmp - Filename: adreno_config.txt

Last edited:

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Tested Settings

Untested:
preserveZStencilOnSwap - enabling might improve performance at the increased risk of visual artifacts

Dangerous:
facenessCulling - Turning on causes crash on boot
FPSCap - setting to anything other than 0 (even to 60 or 100) causes unstable 2D rendering
2D.eglSwapMode=interrupt - Causes unstable/looping 2D rendering. Applications fail to initialize.
fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath - reduces 3D performance by around 10%.

Performance Boosts:
forceAutoTextureCompression - Turning this on seems to help a LOT with 3D performance. Might increase load times by a a tiny amount.
triJuice - setting it to the max value of 3 increases particle/shader/lighting performance a LOT with a minor loss in quality
forceMSAAMode - enabling this will force no anti-aliasing as long as MSAAMode is left at 0. Could increase performance on some things but make them look very chunky
2D.HwBlt - Enabling this should enhance GPU hardware acceleration in gingerbread. It says default is enabled but I've set it to 1 anyway.
oxiliForceVsSingleThread=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceFsSingleThread=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
oxiliForceFsSingleThread=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceSingleSp=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
oxiliForceSingleSp=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceVsSingleThread=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
clockGating - Turning this on might save power consumption (Currently being tested more to confirm). However there is no performance drop by having this enabled

Seemed to hurt performance: (I did not test these much, could do with more tests one-by-one)
leiaEnableLrzExpansion - enabling might.... do something.
leiaEnableFastLrzUnresolves - enabling might improve performance
oxiliDisableChunkedUpdates - enabling might improve performance
oxiliForceShaderDirectUpdates - enabling might improve performance
oxiliForceConstantDirectUpdates - enabling might improve or reduce performance
oxiliForceShaderSingleContext - enabling might improve performance at cost of quality
oxiliForceSuperthreadMode - enabling might improve performance or reduce it. Probably conflicts with above one.
suppressTimestampInterrupts - enabling might improve or reduce performance

Null/No Difference - These options made no effect on performance from their default settings
shadowGmemInAppBuffers - no effect on performance or quality

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Thanks for letting me know you opened a topic :p

I've been doing some research and here's what ideas I've found so far:

clockGating - Turning this on might save power consumption. Will need to test if it has a performance hit.

forceAutoTextureCompression - Turning this on MIGHT save RAM and/or MIGHT increase load times/CPU usage.

triJuice - raising this value might increase performance but decrease quality of mipmapping.

shadowGmemInAppBuffers - disabling might improve performance but break some things

preserveZStencilOnSwap - enabling might improve performance at the increased risk of visual artifacts

fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath - enabling might improve performance at the increased risk of visual artifacts

forceMSAAMode - enabling this will force no anti-aliasing as long as MSAAMode is left at 0. Could increase performance on some things but make them look very chunky

2D.HwBlt - Enabling this might enhance GPU hardware acceleration in gingerbread. It says default is enabled but I've set it to 1 anyway.

2D.eglSwapMode - changing to interrupt mode might.... do something. LETS TRY IT!

oxiliForceShaderSingleContext - enabling might improve performance at cost of quality

oxiliForceSuperthreadMode - enabling might improve performance or reduce it. Probably conflicts with above one.

oxiliForceVsSingleThread - enabling might improve or reduce performance

oxiliForceFsSingleThread - enabling might improve or reduce performance

oxiliForceSingleSp - enabling might improve or reduce performance

FPSCap - setting to 30 or 60 might help with all-round performance and reduce lag spikes. Maybe.

Right, that's a lot of things for me to try one by one. If anyone else wants to, go for it. Just remember it could completely break your boot :p

Last edited:

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Re: [WIP] Adreno Configuration Settings [Improved Performance?]

I did lol.. In the adreno thread xD

Ill make it more clear next time. :)

I've just tried a few things... Managed to make Antutu crash lot. Just finally completed a full benchmark but then the OS died. Going well so far. Cya in about 7 hours!

Edit: it looks like you can copy it to data/local/temp and the settings will apply for next boot. After which it is then removed from the directory. Which for me makes things a bit easier!

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Oh by the way, copying the config file to /system/lib/egl/ definitely does nothing. I tested by setting FPS cap to 5, no effect. File needs to be at /data/local/tmp/ - it does *not* get wiped on reboot so its OK.

EDIT: THe file isn't removed from /data/local/tmp/ for me =\ maybe you have an init.d script that erases it or something.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Re: [WIP] Adreno Configuration Settings [Improved Performance?]

Possibly. Ill check.

Btw, I just managed 13fps on the OpenGL ES2.0 test on Antutu. It was hilarious, so many artifacts... But it passed it!

...Until it died on the SD card test. If you use Antutu I suggest doing custom tests and taking SD out. Or reducing OCs. I think my 1.6ghz may be the problem.

Or perhaps we should use stock clock a to base our tests on?

Edit: seems like almost every setting you try also kills the bootanimation lol

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Possibly. Ill check.

Btw, I just managed 13fps on the OpenGL ES2.0 test on Antutu. It was hilarious, so many artifacts... But it passed it!

...Until it died on the SD card test. If you use Antutu I suggest doing custom tests and taking SD out. Or reducing OCs. I think my 1.6ghz may be the problem.

Or perhaps we should use stock clock a to base our tests on?

Edit: seems like almost every setting you try also kills the bootanimation lol

I can't get past the 2D/sprite test in Antutu (the little Androids) it freezes at the end lol. Boot animation was always OK for me....

Yeah, using a stock clock would be a good idea. But I'm on 1.4 ghz anyway because that's what I've always used and always been stable on.

EDIT: I think setting FPSCap to 60 was the reason for Antutu freezing on 2d test.

EDIT2: You are using LuPuS GB kernel right? Because Turbo Kernel has backported KGSL drivers, so that's probably why we not only have different performance scores but may have different results with these configs.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

DUDE! New Gingerbread record! :D

/data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt:
Code:
facenessCulling=off
triJuice=3
2D.HwBlt=1

Last edited:

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
I can't get past the 2D/sprite test in Antutu (the little Androids) it freezes at the end lol. Boot animation was always OK for me....

Yeah, using a stock clock would be a good idea. But I'm on 1.4 ghz anyway because that's what I've always used and always been stable on.

EDIT: I think setting FPSCap to 60 was the reason for Antutu freezing on 2d test.

EDIT2: You are using LuPuS GB kernel right? Because Turbo Kernel has backported KGSL drivers, so that's probably why we not only have different performance scores but may have different results with these configs.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

DUDE! New Gingerbread record! :D

/data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt:
Code:
facenessCulling=off
triJuice=3
2D.HwBlt=1
OMFG! LEGEND!

Gonna test on mine and report back ASAP. Gimme 10 - 20 mins, depending on when I can get a free sec @ work. Lol. xD

Edit: Unable to replicate your score at the moment. Getting stock scores, most likely something to do with those pesky init.d scripts. Deleting now and will report back shortly

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
In the next turbo kernel release I'll make the kernel do a symlink from /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt to /system/etc/adreno_config.txt (it will be linked before init starts so will apply straight away), that way we can include modified config with ROM's.

You could just make an init.d script do the same thing, but then the ROM will need to be rebooted again (because adreno driver is already loaded).

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
In the next turbo kernel release I'll make the kernel do a symlink from /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt to /system/etc/adreno_config.txt (it will be linked before init starts so will apply straight away), that way we can include modified config with ROM's.

You could just make an init.d script do the same thing, but then the ROM will need to be rebooted again (because adreno driver is already loaded).
I think I'll include an init.d script with my ROM, so that in the event someone isn't using your Kernel it will still work as intended.

...At least, after a reboot.

Doing Antutu now btw, ITS CRAZY FAST OMG. About to give you results. UNO MOMENTO!

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I think I'll include an init.d script with my ROM, so that in the event someone isn't using your Kernel it will still work as intended.

...At least, after a reboot.

Doing Antutu now btw, ITS CRAZY FAST OMG. About to give you results. UNO MOMENTO!

Yeah I realized that too, already done it for Turbo UI Classic (which is uploading now). This should work:

/system/etc/init.d/93adreno:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#

if [ ! -h /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt ] then
    ln -s /system/etc/adreno_config.txt /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt
fi

EDIT:Woohoo! Play broke the 7000 mark :D

Now I wonder how Jellybean on Turbo Kernel performs.... maybe closer to 8000 lol! And the visual quality of the orc fight 3D test looked OK for you yeah?

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Yeah I realized that too, already done it for Turbo UI Classic (which is uploading now). This should work:

/system/etc/init.d/93adreno:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#

if [ ! -h /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt ] then
    ln -s /system/etc/adreno_config.txt /data/local/tmp/adreno_config.txt
fi

Will be good to know if the results on LuPuS GB kernel are worse, better or the same with this config.
My test was done on LuPuS GB.

Sorry - I moved back from your Kernel last night. =x

Thank's for the script. I'll add it to v0.5 Aurora now. xD

Edit: Agreed. JellyBean should have crazy scores... Right, I'm gonna test a few of the other configs. From that list you've done, can you 'tick' off which you have already checked please? Just so I can continue where you left off at. :)

Orc fight looked perfectly fine. If it were a HD movie I'd say it had a low bit-rate, but it's not... So I have no idea what to call it, but it does look ever so slightly more grainy. But this is barely noticeable at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: mulllen666

extremetempz

Jun 8, 2012
I looked in /data/local/tmp/ and there was no adreno_config.txt I'm using joka wild any ideas did I have to do something before hand using LuPuS v6 480p I'm very interested because I use this a a gaming device as I have a nexus 4

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
My test was done on LuPuS GB.

Sorry - I moved back from your Kernel last night. =x

Thank's for the script. I'll add it to v0.5 Aurora now. xD

Edit: Agreed. JellyBean should have crazy scores... Right, I'm gonna test a few of the other configs. From that list you've done, can you 'tick' off which you have already checked please? Just so I can continue where you left off at. :)

I edited my last post since you uploaded results :)

That's OK, I'll still win the record by being first to test Turbo UI (JB) score :eek: lolz

EDIT: OK, I'll edit that list.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
I looked in /data/local/tmp/ and there was no adreno_config.txt I'm using joka wild any ideas did I have to do something before hand using LuPuS v6 480p I'm very interested because I use this a a gaming device as I have a nexus 4
You need to move the file there yourself.

See attached.

Move the file to /Data/Local/tmp and reboot. Ensure you have no init.d scripts that clear cache or tmp though, as it will not work.

Attachments

• adreno_config.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 196

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
OK here's what my data is.

Untested:

clockGating - Turning this on might save power consumption. Will need to test if it has a performance hit.
shadowGmemInAppBuffers - disabling might improve performance but break some things
fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath - enabling might improve performance at the increased risk of visual artifacts

Dangerous:
FPSCap - setting to anything other than 0 (even to 60 or 100) causes unstable 2D rendering

Performance Boosts:
forceAutoTextureCompression - Turning this on seems to help a LOT with 3D performance. Might increase load times by a a tiny amount.
triJuice - setting it to the max value of 3 increases particle/shader/lighting performance a LOT with a minor loss in quality
2D.HwBlt - Enabling this should enhance GPU hardware acceleration in gingerbread. It says default is enabled but I've set it to 1 anyway.

Seemed to hurt performance: (I did not test these much, could do with more tests one-by-one)
2D.eglSwapMode - changing to interrupt mode might.... do something. LETS TRY IT!

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
I made a quick Update ZIP to flash the mod/script and updated the first few posts.

You have been fully credited of course in the updater_script :)

Gonna look into other settings now.

Edit: I'm not sure I like the new Mediafire layout :|

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2vbvu6x.png

This only works on Gingerbread, not anything else. We are still working on finding alternative tweaks for ICS and JB
    This is a MOD to boost the performance of the Adreno 205 GPU in the Xperia Play. (This mod should also work on other Adreno devices (Adreno 205+) and whilst some people have had some success I cannot confirm which devices other than the Play it works with)

This mod is a joint collaboration/venture of me and CosmicDan. However, as of version 0.2 CosmicDan has unfortunately left the Xperia 2011 range for better things. I wish him every success in the future.

CosmicDan was able to find a variant of the 'adreno_config.txt' file that contains settings that should work on our device. Since finding this we have found numerous combinations of settings that increase the performance of our chips. See below.

What does it do?
    The configuration file consists of multiple options, each which do their very own unique 'tweaking' to the way the GPU performs. One of the most notable options we are using is 'triJuice', an explanation of which is below:

If our phones were to have their own driver application, what this would be doing is essentially moving the 'Quality/Performance' slider towards 'Performance'. This tells the GPU to concentrate on 'Performance' rather than 'Quality'.

See CosmicDan's explanation here:
    It's common graphics stuff and the same for PC's, we have told the GPU to put a focus on performance instead of quality. But the quality is not sacrificed much, it's barely noticeable. Maybe some games will look not so well, you'll have to test and see.

It's like we've lowered effect and texture detail on a system-wide level, allowing the CPU and GPU to give more time to work on geometry and frame updates and such. Useful because many games don't have settings for graphics quality.

Another notable option is 'forceAutoTextureCompression'. This saves RAM and makes texture rendering faster, but the actual loading of the game might be a tiny bit slower - however once it's loaded it will have faster rendering.

A list of possible settings for this configuration file are below (For detailed descriptions please see attached)

Post 3 lists which settings tend to increase or reduce performance, I will not give instructions on how to modify this however if you to intend on making your own config file please use Post 3 as a guide.

Code:
    ; Performance Analysis

performance=normal
    disableExtraSwapBlit=0
    ignoreGLFlush=0

;   Binning

binning=hw
    forceGuardband=0
    guardbandValue=0
    forceGmemSize=0
    gmemSize=0
    veboSetting=0
    veboSetting=0
    numBins_weight=80
    numGroups_weight=20

;    Logging

log.resolves=0
    log.pm4=0
    log.pm4mem=0
    log.shaders=0
    log.sc_dev=0
    log.sc_dev_shader_name=sc_dev_dump.txt
    log.cffdump=0
    log.cffdump_with_ifh=0
    log.cffdump_no_memzero=0
    log.dumpx=0
    log.primitives=0

;    Debugging

waitForIdleAfterDraw=0
    waitForIdleOnSubmit=0
    disableSwapTsIdle=0
    clockGating=off
    useSafeMode=0
    redirectDebugMessages=0
    forceChipId=Default

;    Primitive Conversion.

convertTristrips=default
    convertTrifans=default
    convertLineloops=default
    shader_sub.write=0
    shader_sub.read=0
    shader_sub.trivialfs=0

;    Features and Performance

facenessCulling=default
    vboDataAlignment=natural 
    enableOptimizedTextureUpdates=1
    enableOptimizedVboUpdates=1
    triJuice=1
    enableInlineConstantUpdates=1
    enableMemoryPool=1
    enableFastClears=1
    ditherSafeFastClears=0
    shadowGmemInAppBuffers=1
    textureTiling=0
    preserveZStencilOnSwap=0
    allowDepthExport=0
    untileDynamicTextures=1
    fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath=1
    useGpuTilingHints=1

;    MultiSampling Antialiasing (MSAA) 

MSAASmoothing=Normal
    MSAABufferAllocation=never
    forceMSAAMode=0
    MSAAMode=0
    VAESEnable=0
    VAESGenericError=0
    VAESFailNth=0
    VAESDoNotFailFirstN=0
    VAESRandomSeed=0
    VAESFailPercent=0

;    2D Settings

2D.HwBlt=1
    2D.eglSwapMode=noidle
    2D.forceEglSwapInterval=0
    2D.eglSwapInterval=0

;    LEIA Features 

leiaEnableLrzWrites=0
    leiaEnableLrzExpansion=0
    leiaExportColorForLrzUnresolve=0
    leiaEnableFastLrzUnresolves=0

;    Oxili settings.

oxiliDisableLazyUpdates=0
    oxiliDisableChunkedUpdates=0
    oxiliForceShaderDirectUpdates=0
    oxiliForceConstantDirectUpdates=0
    oxiliForceIstoreCacheMode=1
    oxiliForceCstoreSingleBuffer=0
    oxiliForceShaderSingleContext=0
    oxiliForceSuperthreadMode=1
    oxiliForceVsSingleThread=0
    oxiliForceFsSingleThread=0
    oxiliForceSingleSp=0
    oxiliSkipClears=0
    oxiliForceSysmemRender=1

;    Other settings

FPSCap=60
    allowFloatFBOs=1
    suppressTimestampInterrupts=0
    GPUIdleTimeout=off
    GPUIdleTimeoutMsec=0

Please ignore the values of the above settings unless otherwise stated. The majority of these are stock/default values for our device.

Downloads - Official repository

AdrenoBooster v0.7

AdrenoBooster v0.6

AdrenoBooster v0.5 - Quality Edition

AdrenoBooster v0.4.1 - Battery Edition

AdrenoBooster v0.3 - Minimal Edition - This version will give you the best performance - stability ratio. Whilst the other versions may give you better performance but in some rare instances lower quality/artifacts, this version should give you the best of both worlds.

AdrenoBooster v0.1

AdrenoBooster v0.2

Instructions

Download and copy the ZIP to SD Card. Then flash using CWM. :)

NOTE: Please ensure you reboot your device after the first boot post-installation of the mod or it will not be active.

Requirements

Init.d support
    Root
    Any Gingerbread ROM

Screenshots

2n08w2w.png
    r8t2yh.png
    screenshot_2013_02_27_2107_by_br_david-d5wes33.png

IMPORTANT!! - Please ensure you thank 'CosmicDan' as well for this fantastic mod. A huge portion of the work has been done by him!
    (See 5th post if you would like to 'Thank' him)
    Thanks for letting me know you opened a topic :p

I've been doing some research and here's what ideas I've found so far:

forceAutoTextureCompression - Turning this on MIGHT save RAM and/or MIGHT increase load times/CPU usage.

triJuice - raising this value might increase performance but decrease quality of mipmapping.

2D.HwBlt - Enabling this might enhance GPU hardware acceleration in gingerbread. It says default is enabled but I've set it to 1 anyway.

FPSCap - setting to 30 or 60 might help with all-round performance and reduce lag spikes. Maybe.

Right, that's a lot of things for me to try one by one. If anyone else wants to, go for it. Just remember it could completely break your boot :p
    Troubleshooting

First, give yourself another reboot - Just in case!

If it still doesn't seem to be working for you, check to see if the files have copied to your device. Check the following locations for the following files with any file manager with Root support.

You should also see adreno_config.txt in the following location if the init.d script is working correctly: /data/local/tmp
    If this file is not in this location then chances are you do not have init.d support.

Black screen on boot? See here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40013461&postcount=377

Extras

You can assist with the testing of some of these settings by doing the following:

• Open a new text file in a standard text editor (Notepad++ or Notepad for Windows)
    • Choose values from the above post to put into your configuration file. (Use the attached adreno_config.txt file as an indication of what setting does what)
    • Save this new file as 'adreno_config.txt'
    • Copy this text file to your phones SD Card.
    • Open your File Manager on your phone (I use ES File Explorer)
    • Prepare adreno_config.txt on your SD Card for copying
    • Navigate to /Data/local/tmp and paste the file there
    • Reboot.

Please be aware that if you have any cleaner init.d scripts this will NOT work, as when you reboot /data/local/tmp will be deleted.

Devs/Chefs/Tinkerers

If you would like to add this to your ROM please simply drop a short request in this thread or PM.

After which, please ensure proper credit is given.

Current Antutu Highscore
    (With the benefits of this mod) - By CrypticRook

2wn8ylt.jpg

Manually Uninstalling the Mod

Navigate to the following locations and remove the files.

/data/local/tmp - Filename: adreno_config.txt
    Tested Settings

Untested:

Dangerous:
    2D.eglSwapMode=interrupt - Causes unstable/looping 2D rendering. Applications fail to initialize.
    fullSurfaceDynamicUpdatePath - reduces 3D performance by around 10%.

Performance Boosts:
    oxiliForceVsSingleThread=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceFsSingleThread=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
    oxiliForceFsSingleThread=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceSingleSp=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
    oxiliForceSingleSp=1 - Must be enabled with oxiliForceVsSingleThread=1 for performance increase. Prolonged usage has negative impact (Needs more testing).
    clockGating - Turning this on might save power consumption (Currently being tested more to confirm). However there is no performance drop by having this enabled

Null/No Difference - These options made no effect on performance from their default settings
    shadowGmemInAppBuffers - no effect on performance or quality
    Quick post because I'm short on time atm.

AdrenoBooster v0.7 Released

This is an initial/tester version. Please let me know how it performs so I can do some final tweaks (if any).

This version supports loads more devices and is highly recommended.

It also includes numerous build.prop entries to enable GPU Accelleration/Rendering throughout the UI and OS.
    If you are having negative results at any point, try removing the build.prop entries and see how things go.

Download
    AdrenoBooster v0.7 - NovaProject