BootFlash - An App to install custom splash screens

Search This thread

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
SoCal Devs has just released a new app that lets you to easily install a custom splash screen on your phone whenever you want with no access to a computer necessary.

The Market page for BootFlash Pro is here.
Also available on the Android Market is BootFlash Lite.

Here is the description from the Android Market.

BootFlash Pro lets you choose an image stored on your phone to install as your rooted phone's splash screen. The splash screen is the image that is displayed on your screen when you turn on the phone before the boot animation begins to play. The splash screen installed by BootFlash Pro will stick across different ROMs, so that you can always retain the splash screen that you enjoy. You can change your splash screen as often as you want.
BootFlash Pro currently works on:
HTC Inspire 4G
HTC Desire HD
HTC Vision
HTC ThunderBolt
HTC G2
HTC Desire Z

Edit: Added support for HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Evo 4G

and more to come!

Please do not attempt to use BootFlash Pro on any phone not listed here.

Edit: Force close issues on choosing an image have been fixed!

Last edited:

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
I'm sorry for these issues, it appears as though there was a problem with the APK that was uploaded to the Market. Could you please clarify if this was BootFlash Lite or Pro that caused the problem?
I have just verified that both the Pro and Lite version of BootFlash that are currently on the Market work on my Inspire running CM7, what ROM were you running when this issue occurred?

Last edited:

stryfe2010

Mar 13, 2011
John Day
Also when I selected refund & uninstalled my refund wasn't granted, so I went back to the market & redownloaded & installed the pro version. But same thing happened, it was granted super user access but after selecting image it will force close. From looking at the market it looks like the lite version was updated but not the pro version. Really like the concept behind this app so anyway you can help is appreciated.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

monkeyrasta.702

Mar 12, 2011
Sin City
I'm sorry for these issues, it appears as though there was a problem with the APK that was uploaded to the Market. Could you please clarify if this was BootFlash Lite or Pro that caused the problem?
I have just verified that both the Pro and Lite version of BootFlash that are currently on the Market work on my Inspire running CM7, what ROM were you running when this issue occurred?

I tried the light version same issue

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
We apologize for all the trouble this has caused this is our first app and we may have released it a bit prematurely. We have identified the cause of the problem and a fix will be released soon, probably tomorrow. Until then, this app has been temporarily removed from the Market. I will post a reply here when we release the fix.

stryfe2010

Mar 13, 2011
John Day
When the fix is released will be just an update or will I have to uninstall & redownload & reinstall? I ask since I already paid for the pro version.

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
The fix will be released as an update. Thanks for your purchase and your patience we are hoping to fix it today.

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Thank you for the application. I will have to test this one out and see how this method compares to the other methods of changing your boot splash image. It is always nice to have easier ways to accomplish things.

Reactions: k8sh

FadedLite

Jul 10, 2010
California
socaldevs.com
App Fixed

We have fixed the app and also, we have added more phones to the supported list. These include Incredible and Evo 4g.

It has been re-published in the Market and should be available shortly.

Thank you for your feedback so we can reach our app's full potential.

Last edited:

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
When the fix is released will be just an update or will I have to uninstall & redownload & reinstall? I ask since I already paid for the pro version.

In this version we added licensing software, so let me know if you have any problems once you upgrade and I can fix it.

stryfe2010

Mar 13, 2011
John Day
Alright I did the update, this time after selecting image & waiting awhile it gave me a not responding error with an option to report force close or wait. First I tried wait which didn't help so I force closed it. Then I restarted the phone & tried again, now It's telling me I didn't purchase the app. HTC inspire running inspired ace 1.0.1

FadedLite

Jul 10, 2010
California
socaldevs.com
Alright I did the update, this time after selecting image & waiting awhile it gave me a not responding error with an option to report force close or wait. First I tried wait which didn't help so I force closed it. Then I restarted the phone & tried again, now It's telling me I didn't purchase the app. HTC inspire running inspired ace 1.0.1

Yes, i have the same problem. I am the co-creator of the app, so I will be answering some of the questions as well.

Our servers are currently down right now and they will soon be back up.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

(I too use this app frequently, so I want to get this fixed asap)

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011
Yes, i have the same problem. I am the co-creator of the app, so I will be answering some of the questions as well.

Our servers are currently down right now and they will soon be back up.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

(I too use this app frequently, so I want to get this fixed asap)

The servers are back up and we shouldn't have this problem again.

vinvinvinster

Mar 1, 2011

I granted you a refund so if you repurchase it you shouldn't have any problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SoCal Devs has just released a new app that lets you to easily install a custom splash screen on your phone whenever you want with no access to a computer necessary.

The Market page for BootFlash Pro is here.
    Also available on the Android Market is BootFlash Lite.

Here is the description from the Android Market.

BootFlash Pro lets you choose an image stored on your phone to install as your rooted phone's splash screen. The splash screen is the image that is displayed on your screen when you turn on the phone before the boot animation begins to play. The splash screen installed by BootFlash Pro will stick across different ROMs, so that you can always retain the splash screen that you enjoy. You can change your splash screen as often as you want.
    BootFlash Pro currently works on:
    HTC Inspire 4G
    HTC Desire HD
    HTC Vision
    HTC ThunderBolt
    HTC G2
    HTC Desire Z

Edit: Added support for HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Evo 4G

and more to come!

Please do not attempt to use BootFlash Pro on any phone not listed here.

Edit: Force close issues on choosing an image have been fixed!
    Thank you for the application. I will have to test this one out and see how this method compares to the other methods of changing your boot splash image. It is always nice to have easier ways to accomplish things.
    Any chance this might work with the HTC Sensation since we finally got S-Off ? :)

The Sensation is supported and always has been, I just didn't want to advertise as this because I wasn't sure if the Sensation had S-OFF or not.
    Maybe I missed it, but when I try to use this not connected to any kind of a network it tells me I have to buy the app.

For the app to work, you need to be on the internet.