RILJ Dialer Cure?

Search This thread

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
I am running litening Rom 4.2. After upgrading to it from 4.1 and adding the app 'betterbatterystats' i observed that in the wakelocks there is app called "RILJ (dialer). This has been on top in the wakelocks list and shows running time of 18mins.

Can anyone explain what exactly it is and how can I solve the issue ?
Is anyone else here facing the issue ?

fabioascoelho

Jun 7, 2011
I am running litening Rom 4.2. After upgrading to it from 4.1 and adding the app 'betterbatterystats' i observed that in the wakelocks there is app called "RILJ (dialer). This has been on top in the wakelocks list and shows running time of 18mins.

Can anyone explain what exactly it is and how can I solve the issue ?
Is anyone else here facing the issue ?

+1
LeoMar v2.6 KH3 here
More than 3k wakes
I don't even know what this is. SMS sync? I don't know why a Dialer would be waking the phone all the time...

EDIT: Found this info (http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wakelocks):
RILJ
http://www.kandroid.org/online-pdk/guide/telephony.html
Dialer RILJ is the userland counterpart of the RIL (radio interface lib). RILJ handles whatever the phone need to tell or get from the RIL = phone, e.g. dialing but also coarse location.

But i still don't get it. Its the service that synchronizes with my GMS provider? Like for SMS, Voice messages, Calls, etc?

Last edited:

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
This issue is more related to the Maps I am kinda 99% sure. I have been on litening rom all this while where both RILJ and GTALK_SYNC were major culprit keeping my phone awake running 24mins at times. However I did read somewhere on google that the problem was situated with the Maps update. So uninstalled the Google Maps app and the issue was solved. It seems that this problem persist more with the latest version of Maps like the 5.8 or 5.9.

I shifted to Leomar Revolution 2.6 rom 2 days back which comes with older version of Maps and issue is no more.

Uninstalling the maps through titanium cannot be permanent solution, there needs to be some sought of cure for this, unless Google maps comes up with the solution.

Reactions: fabioascoelho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This issue is more related to the Maps I am kinda 99% sure. I have been on litening rom all this while where both RILJ and GTALK_SYNC were major culprit keeping my phone awake running 24mins at times. However I did read somewhere on google that the problem was situated with the Maps update. So uninstalled the Google Maps app and the issue was solved. It seems that this problem persist more with the latest version of Maps like the 5.8 or 5.9.

I shifted to Leomar Revolution 2.6 rom 2 days back which comes with older version of Maps and issue is no more.

Uninstalling the maps through titanium cannot be permanent solution, there needs to be some sought of cure for this, unless Google maps comes up with the solution.