[Q] cant get in to recovery mode samung galaxy s4

Search This thread

noobjmac99

Dec 21, 2013
Hello im fairly new to the rooting stuff so bear with me and I hope im posting this in the right place. Iv looked for other post and most have people believe they have soft bricked there phone, I was able to get out of it

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 with Verizon
model # sch-i545,
android version 4.3,
baseband version i545vruemj7,
kernel version 3.4.0 se.infa@ro210-02 #1,
build # jss15j. i545vruemj7

Hope this is enough info for some help. I do have root using the chines root and terminal emulator to get supersu. I also use titanium backup pro. So here is where I have my problem I was wanting to have a recover backup just in case I messed up my phone. I looked up ways to do this and the one I picked was using goomanager.
1. Opened goomanager and opened the menu and clicked install openrecoveryscript
2. Download and installed and it said download complete
3. I rebooted my phone in recovery mode
4. Now it comes up in odin mode in the top left corner, it says in red could not do normal boot under that
product name: sch-i545,
current binary: Samsung official,
system states: custom,
knox kurnal lock:0x0,
knox warranty void: 0x0,
csb-config-lsb:0x30,
wright protection enabled,
eMAC burst mode enabled

5. And I have the big green droid with downloading… do not turn off target!!
6. This is where everyone else believes they soft bricked and are stuck in a bootloop but if you pull the battery and start up in odin and restart from there you get out of it

So I cant use recovery mode at all, is there any thing I can do to fix this or do I not get to use recovery ever again

Like I said I am new to rooting and all the great stuff it offers, I have rooted my old droid x2 and done a full recovery with it, I haven’t flashed a rom yet but I still don’t know all the in’s and out’s

Thank you for all the help

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
what it sounds like is you phone is going into download mode. when you are trying to enter recovery are you holding volume up or volume down when you boot? because volume down takes you to download mode and volume up take you to your recovery! :p

Reactions: noobjmac99

noobjmac99

Dec 21, 2013
what it sounds like is you phone is going into download mode. when you are trying to enter recovery are you holding volume up or volume down when you boot? because volume down takes you to download mode and volume up take you to your recovery! :p

I hold the volume up, power and home keys and it goes in to odin mode and goomanager can boot into recovery mode and still goes into odin mode. I think goomanager doesn’t do the team win recovery and messed up the code for recovery

And thank you I double checked that and still odin mode comes up

noobjmac99

Dec 21, 2013
What are you thinking "recovery mode" is?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

What bugs me is that I can't get Into recovery anymore. *I have used recovery mode to re install some dumb apps by making a back up with Titanium Backup Pro And made a zip of the apps and re installed them through it. I just don't want to brick my phone hard. But please explain what it is and for.

All I wanted to do was be able to do a nandord backup which is what I thought I was trying todo.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
What bugs me is that I can't get Into recovery anymore. *I have used recovery mode to re install some dumb apps by making a back up with Titanium Backup Pro And made a zip of the apps and re installed them through it. I just don't want to brick my phone hard. But please explain what it is and for.

All I wanted to do was be able to do a nandord backup which is what I thought I was trying todo.

You aren't making any sense, so you need to be a lot more specific about what you're doing.

One, you said above that you're on the MJ7 bootloader. That means that you can't have a custom recovery.

So what the heck does "using recovery mode to install some dumb apps by making a back up with Titanium Backup Pro" mean? You don't run Ti from recovery, you run it from a booted and rooted phone.

"All I wanted to do was to be able to make a nandord (sic) backup"

Oh well. You can't install a custom recovery on your phone since the bootloader is locked. This has been stated repeatedly in these forums.

Sadly, the moderators of this forum are refusing to post a sticky to help guide people like you to avoid this common mistake.

The only way you can back up your existing ROM is to root it and install Safestrap. Do a bit of searching around before flashing anything else.

Reactions: decaturbob

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

So you are rooted...what recovery did you install? I'm still not clear in understanding your position.

noobjmac99

Dec 21, 2013
You aren't making any sense, so you need to be a lot more specific about what you're doing.

One, you said above that you're on the MJ7 bootloader. That means that you can't have a custom recovery.

So what the heck does "using recovery mode to install some dumb apps by making a back up with Titanium Backup Pro" mean? You don't run Ti from recovery, you run it from a booted and rooted phone.

Oh well. You can't install a custom recovery on your phone since the bootloader is locked. This has been stated repeatedly in these forums.

Sadly, the moderators of this forum are refusing to post a sticky to help guide people like you to avoid this common mistake.

The only way you can back up your existing ROM is to root it and install Safestrap. Do a bit of searching around before flashing anything else.

Im sorry im new to asking for help.

Yes I now know there is no custom recovery and found out the hard way and didn’t do enough research.

With Ti pro, in batch actions-All, section Recovery mode you can create “ update.zip” from apps and data backup. I know this is not a true recovery or nandorid, so I made the zip went into recovery mode and reinstalled the apps I deleted. I was just toying around with that

My original intent was to be able to do a nandorid backup

I have looked at the safestrap method and it looks like it will work for my build I just wanted to know since my recovery mode is corrupt or I believe it is will it work

thank you again for any help

noobjmac99

Dec 21, 2013
So you are rooted...what recovery did you install? I'm still not clear in understanding your position.

yes i am rooted with the chinese root method and emulator now have supersu

the recovery i tried to install was team win recovery through goo manager which softbricked my phone after 30 minutes or so i finally got it out of the bootloop but now everything I try to go in to recovery it just loops
I have looked at the safestrap method and it looks like it will work for my build I just wanted to know since my recovery mode is corrupt or I believe it is will it work

thank you again for any help if there is anything else i need to proived please tell me

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
yes i am rooted with the chinese root method and emulator now have supersu

the recovery i tried to install was team win recovery through goo manager which softbricked my phone after 30 minutes or so i finally got it out of the bootloop but now everything I try to go in to recovery it just loops

thank you again for any help if there is anything else i need to proived please tell me

read the sticky
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

info there will tell you how you messed up and give you links on what you are suppose to do

tmaddison93

Mar 18, 2014
safestrap says that installled correctly and i see installed on there but when i hit boot recovery it goes to lock screen and then boots normally. what did i do wrong? i have samsung galaxy s4 sgh-i337. is there another method where i can get it to boot to install the stocked root. i am on mk2 now and i am rooted

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
safestrap says that installled correctly and i see installed on there but when i hit boot recovery it goes to lock screen and then boots normally. what did i do wrong? i have samsung galaxy s4 sgh-i337. is there another method where i can get it to boot to install the stocked root. i am on mk2 now and i am rooted

This is a Verizon forum, and you have an AT&T phone. You may have better luck in the AT&T forums, especially since this is such an old thread.

What version of safestrap?
When you say "that installed correctly" do you mean safestrap recovery?
How did you try to enter recovery? Normally, you reboot, then press the "Recovery" button from the Safestrap splash screen. If you try the normal boot to recovery, it'll boot stock recovery, not Safestrap.

chrisjife

Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone. I am new here. I have a samsung s4 verizon. It runned on android version 4.4.2. The hotspot was not working so i decide to root it and flash it with a new custom rom. Using odin i tried flashing it and it said failed. And now it can not boot into the recovery mode.It says when I tried to boot into recovery mode it says firmware upgrade encounter an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again. I downloaded and installed kies but it not connecting in kies .
Please i need help asap

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.