[Q] help changing lte frequencies or band by flashing

Search This thread

MastaBlastaCR

Mar 7, 2014
Hi, so I learn there are actually 2 variants of the 1020 with different sets of LTE bands. So of course I bought the wrong one RM877 and I need LTE band 7 for my country which is not on this model. Looks like RM 875 might be the one.

So my question is basically if the LTE bands can be changed by flashing the other version rom or if the LTE bands are actually a hardware thing and changing to a different model rom if actually possible wont change the frequencies my phone supports.

I already know how to flash my phone but don't want to do this without asking first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might enlighten me and maybe some other 1020 owners

Reactions: russeltc

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
The frequency bands are part of 4G module, so it is Hardware and therefore cannot be changed.

Reactions: russeltc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, so I learn there are actually 2 variants of the 1020 with different sets of LTE bands. So of course I bought the wrong one RM877 and I need LTE band 7 for my country which is not on this model. Looks like RM 875 might be the one.

So my question is basically if the LTE bands can be changed by flashing the other version rom or if the LTE bands are actually a hardware thing and changing to a different model rom if actually possible wont change the frequencies my phone supports.

I already know how to flash my phone but don't want to do this without asking first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might enlighten me and maybe some other 1020 owners
    The frequency bands are part of 4G module, so it is Hardware and therefore cannot be changed.