Apple iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xvicx

Jan 15, 2007
What tools did you use to do the landscape one? I have all the files. Will like to know how you setup all this together. Because will like to do the same in landscape 320X240 in xml

PS: in landscape one the fish background is all black :(

Last edited:

rlith

Dec 1, 2006
What tools did you use to do the landscape one? I have all the files. Will like to know how you setup all this together. Because will like to do the same in landscape 320X240 in xml

PS: in landscape one the fish background is all black :(

if you're using WAD, landscape and Portrait are 2 different themes. So you have to apply the wallpaper to the landscape version (as well as icons and positioning)

510jungleboy

Jan 14, 2007
Wow, thanks everyone who messaged me about my iPhone skin. It's not that hard really. I used Wisbar Advance Desktop and used the iPhone WAD file found here (POST#6) :

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10036

Then I just keep tweaking it for my use. I just got WAD and found it very customizable. The digital clock is a feature built in, as well as renaming the icons. I just used the icon files already included from the osx.rar in the above thread, linked them to whatever application I use and put the appropriate text. I made some backgrounds, and voila!

You can download my Aston Martin WAD file here:

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10036&page=9

Can you write a step by step on how to execute all the files to look like yours ? all i got was just the top portion....getting restless..

digitalizatt

Jan 14, 2007
I am 99% complete, the only thing I can't figure out to do is to make the grey carbon fiber skin as the background of phone alarm? Am I supposed to rename the png file and another file or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is only showing grey in the background

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Finnish computing mag DigiToday compares Apple iPhone, Nokia N95 and HTC P3300:

The Web is full of reports on iPhone (see for example David Shier's excellent report here). Finnish language sources, however, may cause problems for the vast majority of my readership; this is why I’ve decided to post a quick note on DigiToday’s latest article, which also contains an easily digestable chart of three “big players”: Nokia’s forthcoming all-in-one device, the N95; iPhone and, finally, HTC’s GPS-, Wi-Fi / BT- and FM radio-enabled, albeit, in some respects, really lacking (no 3G) P3300.

The article / chart can be found here. Some not-that-evident chart translations you may need:

Näyttö: screen; Tuumaa: inches
160 pikseliä tuumalle: 160 pixel/inch; väriä: colors
Tiedonsyöttö: input method; kosketusnäyttö: touch screen; näppäimistö: hardware buttons / controls
Tallennusmuisti: storage memory
Muut yhteydet: other connectivity
Käyttöjärjestelmä: OS
Puheaika: talking time; t (tunti(a)): hours
Saatavuus: availability; myynnissä: being sold; kesäk: June
Muuta: other stuff

(Source: Tero Lehto’s blog)

BTW, as far as iPhone-related discussions on Finnish boards are concerned, there are quite a few of them (as opposed to, unfortunately, Pocket PC’s). Of them, I recommend THIS the most (it’s in English).

sbsshadow

Feb 1, 2006
Hertfordshire
Cant find

Hi All

I cant find the dir : in your Device\themes\destop folder

on my Jasjar, any ideas where to put my downloaded theme from lakeridges ?

Thanks all

Steve

st3v3

Jun 9, 2006
Melbourne
Redmi Note 9
hey whats the deal with this ?

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/16/1717220&from=rss

seems someone made the local (and international news?) with the iPhone skins?

hey on theage.com.au news article
http://www.theage.com.au/news/mobil...er-iphone-skins/2007/01/15/1168709656280.html

you guys get a mention

"Apple therefore demands that you remove this screenshot from your website and refrain from facilitating the further dissemination of Apple's copyrighted material by removing the link to http://xdaforums.com, where said icons and screenshot are being distributed."

How can I get rid of the communication manager icon on today screen?

Hi folks!

I have the HTC Wizard (O2 Xda mini S); on my today screen is a small icon on the right bottom. When I hit it, the comm manager will start. The Wizard has a hardware key to start the comm manager, though. So I would like to get rid of this icon or hide it, so I can get the phonealarm to the bottom.

How can I do this?

Cheers and Thanks,

Eriol

Tha

Jan 5, 2005
Amsterdam, Holland
i managed to get most of the settings right,
but my "desktop" only shows 5 icons while i have more links in the phoneAlarm
settings menu.
is there a way to get more icons displayed?
there are some skinning trouble also, but fist i want to fix this

wodeh

Jan 12, 2007
I wrote a damned essay on how the iPhone sucks (I was excited when it was first announced, but then the reality distortion field failed) and how all the HTC devices available put it to complete shame but I took so long my session expired and my post was lost. Oh what the hey, here's the summary:

In short, something as humble as the Xda Orbit, available free on a £35 12month (no 2 years here) contract (or £40 for CoPilot extra) is already available today and pretty much floors the iPhone in every respect but "user friendliness". The iPhone is nothing but an overpriced fashion accessory and a frivilous step away from Apples strength that leaves us iPod owners without a lovely widescreen/multi-touch video iPod upgrade. The Orbit means no $699 initial outlay for something that can't possibly replace an 80GB Video iPod (8gb on the larger model, what the HELL!?) and will have some fraction of the battery life... you get a PDA that makes no promises but delivers more than the iPhone ever will... not to mention thousands upon thousands of free apps/games to tinker with on it. Also the iPhones almost total lack of hardware buttons doesn't really lend itself to user-friendliness.. I thought Apple learnt that lesson when they FINALLY sucked it down and produced a 2 button wheel mouse.

<disclaimer>I am no anti-apple zealot, nor an Apple fanboy. I type this on a Powerbook G4 which I love, own an iPod which I love but contraverely use, work on and support traditional PCs and use, of course, a WM5 PDA Phone. I am simply a free-thinking individual who was affected initially by Job's reality distortion field and now realise just what a fool I was to belive it all.</disclaimer>

CWKJ

Jul 9, 2006
Singapore
Status
Not open for further replies.