Camera Pink Spot.

Search This thread

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Anyone with this issue? I remember having a similar problem with my HD2 to begin with.

bcdee146-7174-6dd7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

drm111

Nov 8, 2010
Just checked and I've got it aswell, never noticed before. It's been reported a lot on the G S2, hopefully an update will sort it.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
England
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Cheers. As long as its not just mine I wont return it and, like you, will hope for an update to fix it.

Bit annoyed my last two mobiles have had this issue though, how difficult can it be to release a flagship phone without a simple problem like this?

samnada

Aug 17, 2010
Anyone with this issue? I remember having a similar problem with my HD2 to begin with.

bcdee146-7174-6dd7.jpg

I've always had exactly the same thing on my SGS. I only see it on indoor shots, or low light outdoors.

Edit: A little Googling turns up some additional info. HTC says SW problem. Also an indication it's on many devices and due to white balance adjustment.

http://www.gsmarena.com/a_hardware_fault_causes_htc_hd2_*pink*_camera_issues_confirmed-news-1276.php

http://pocketnow.com/thought/clarification-the-pink-spot-syndrome

Last edited:

Franklm

May 16, 2011
Yep, me!

Still in doubt about returning the device:

My first post here, so can not yet post direct links to a few examples I have. Maybe it works like this, if you copy paste these in your browser:

dl.dropbox.com/u/17340224/2011-05-16%2023.14.19.jpg
dl.dropbox.com/u/17340224/2011-05-13%2017.23.23.jpg
dl.dropbox.com/u/17340224/2011-05-14%2011.40.15.jpg
dl.dropbox.com/u/17340224/2011-05-16%2023.07.08.jpg

I really wanted to share these examples...

Last edited:

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
It is not a hardware fault, it is a restriction in the lens.
Most of the leading manufacturers have this as they use the same system in constructing the lens.
The only way is by having a software update.

The HTC HD & HD2 had it bad and although not entirely cured a software fix lowered a lot of the issue.
Samsung are aware of it and hopefully we should see some sort of 'makeup' to correct the problem.

As already mentioned the only time you will notice it is indoors on a plain light coloured wall.
When outside the sensor is not working so hard as there is a lot more light, as such it is then hardly if any noticed.

You can lower it yourself as a temporary step by going into the phones settings:-
Settings/Display/Background Effect/ and select Movie.
It dampens down the colours and as such washes out the strength of the pink.

Quist

May 23, 2007
Hate to say it, but restrictions in the lens are hardware. Hardware is essentially anything not software related and although software can mitigate or amplify hardware problems, the root cause is a physical characteristic beyond the 1s and 0s of the firmware.

Question is, what did you guys do about it? I had one device without the issue (but was returned due to screen problems) and now I have a new device with the issue.

I'm thinking about returning this one too, but am undecided. What do you guys say?

holyguyz

Mar 23, 2010
Paradise
Samsung Galaxy S2 Pink Spot Camera

Hi guys,

I just bought SGS2 a week ago and replaced once. Unfortunately the problem is still there on current replaced phone. Isn't this too coincidence to get the replaced phone with the same problems? First thought was a hardware problem, but now it seems like some kind of software issue in SGS2? :mad:

I have browse around and found here. Felt undecided now like Quist, still thinking whether want to return it to shop or just keep it, or change it to other phone/brand.

Thanks!

amuneer

Dec 26, 2005
Apparently this problem is resolved to an extent in the new KE7 firmware if the (unofficial) release notes are to be believed.

holyguyz

Mar 23, 2010
Paradise
Apparently this problem is resolved to an extent in the new KE7 firmware if the (unofficial) release notes are to be believed.

Hi amuneer,

I got my SGS2 set with latest preloaded KE7 version. Do you means I need to flash it using that unofficial KE7 version to solve the pink spot issue? I saw many SGS2 users who flash their phone with that version got a lot of problems. Sounds unstable to me. :confused:

holyguyz

Mar 23, 2010
Paradise
Hi guys, I'm going to get my SGS2 replacement for the 3rd times now, because i saw someone posted that he don't have pink spot on his SGS2 camera. Let see whether that was a coincidence received manufacturer defective set or really a hardware/software issue behind SGS2. Wish me Good Luck!

Update: Got my 3rd replacement SGS2 on my hand. The answer is all SGS2 100% having the same Pink Spot problem. No update, no news, and no solution yet. I think I will keep the phone and see what Samsung says...

Last edited:

Quist

May 23, 2007
On the phone I had that didn't have it, I went back and reviewed all the pics I kept in similar lighting situations and instead of a pink tint in the middle with a greenish tint towards the edges, it had a pinkish tint towards the edges and a green tint in the middle. I saw the same green spot phenomenon on one of the other units I planned to switch to.

Seems to me that the optics on the SGSII aren't all that hot and the white-balance algorithm uses an average across the whole screen, meaning that if there are any variations in the lens (highly likely) will give it a mottled green/pink appearance.

If anyone can confirm they have neither, it would be wonderful. Still trying to decide if I'm going to DOA my latest unit - have two more days to decide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is not a hardware fault, it is a restriction in the lens.
    Most of the leading manufacturers have this as they use the same system in constructing the lens.
    The only way is by having a software update.

The HTC HD & HD2 had it bad and although not entirely cured a software fix lowered a lot of the issue.
    Samsung are aware of it and hopefully we should see some sort of 'makeup' to correct the problem.

As already mentioned the only time you will notice it is indoors on a plain light coloured wall.
    When outside the sensor is not working so hard as there is a lot more light, as such it is then hardly if any noticed.

You can lower it yourself as a temporary step by going into the phones settings:-
    Settings/Display/Background Effect/ and select Movie.
    It dampens down the colours and as such washes out the strength of the pink.