[ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] Beanstalk 4.4.4065 N8013 (10/8/14) With OmniSwitch

Search This thread

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
Heading.jpg

Beanstalk 4.4.4065 - 10/8/14
Built for the Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013)​

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by Scott.Hart.Bti.
This is a build composed off the CM11 builds, and there have been a lot features added on top of it.
So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability.
Many of the additional code additions came from Slim ROM and also Derteufels build,
and have been modified to work with Beanstalk.
A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication.
Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.
BeanStalk is always evolving, new features coming in, bugs being ironed out.
Thanks to @skyliner33v for the boot animation and upcoming wallpapers!​

Like what you see?
Click the thanks button or Donate to @scott.hart.bti by clicking here :
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4552996

View attachment 2964726

- CM based
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challange
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (don't ask why)
- Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
- Notification shortcuts, behavior, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customizable options
- Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
- Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- About BeanStalk option with links to Github source and Facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's Twitter and donate.
- Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
- Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
- Wakelock Blocker
- Numerous other options hiding throughout the build.

Source.jpg

Beanstalk Source: https://github.com/scotthartbti

***Also, @pimpmaneaton is doing some work on a project called Co-Beanstalk.
He deserves credit for adding OmniSwitch (an awesome app thanks to OmniRom),
adding the new XPosed installer on its own separate tab,
changing the look of the Beanstalk options menu a little,
and adding the black Beanstalk boot animation.
All of the above is included in this build.

Co-Beanstalk source: https://github.com/Co-BeanStalk

I am also working on a build with @pimpmaneaton's DracoKernel, and will post it once I confirm everything is working.​

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY!!!!

I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing, or at any other time for that matter. Please have some knowledge of flashing custom roms and setting things up.
I can confirm this build works on the Galaxy Note N8013 edition ONLY!! I do not have the N8000 or any other tablet to test it on.

If someone does want to test this rom on the N8000 or another variation, and it does work, please post the so other users will know, and I can update the post.
But again, this is your choice and I will not take responsibility for anything that happens to your tablet during flashing.​

As long as I have the N8013 tablet, I will be updating Beanstalk regularly, and may consider compiling other roms for it as well. I noticed we don't have many custom roms for our device, and I love Beanstalk, so that's why I decided to build.
I do have a job, and I am doing this in my free time, and because I enjoy it.
I will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
I understand there are some noobs, and I will do my best to answer any questions you have.
If you don't like the rom, that's your choice, and you can go find another one to flash, or better yet, build your own.

GApps.jpg

I recommend using PA GApps from this link -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
Pick the package that suits you or use whatever GApps package you prefer as long as it's 4.4.4.
Big thanks to @TKruzze to keeping the GApps updated for everyone.

**Flashing**

I use TWRP Recovery to flash roms from this link - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/110
If you don't already use TWRP, but want to, you can flash it with the Flashify app from the Play Store,
Mobile Odin, or use the directions to install via your PC.
I haven't ever used CWM on my tablet, but if you are comfortable with it, you can use it to flash this rom.
Just make sure you have a custom recovery installed, because this rom won't flash with stock recovery.

This is my method of flashing:
- Boot into Recovery
- ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!
- Do a factory reset. In TWRP, I also select "Format Data" to wipe completely clean.
If you are just upgrading from another Beanstalk 4.4 build, you shouldn't have to wipe completely
unless you had a lot of issues on the previous build.

AFTER Backup & Wipe:
- Flash Rom
- Flash GApps
- Reboot System
*Allow at least 5 minutes for it to boot the first time before thinking it has failed.
When the Welcome screen appears, I allow at least 10 minutes for the rom to settle in. I don't touch anything.
Afterwards, I set everything up.

**A Few Extra Tips**

The following are just tips from personal experience, not required.

The regular SuperUser is included in this rom, but I always download SuperSU from the Play Store.
(Thanks as always to @Chainfire for SuperSU).
Open SuperSU, and a popup will ask you to update the SU binary. Choose OK.
If it asks you to use the Normal method or the TWRP/CWM method, try Normal the first time.
If it fails, do it again and choose TWRP/CWM method.
You will get a confirmation in installed properly.
I also download BusyBox from the Play Store.
Open BusyBox, click Install on the bottom left, then Smart Install.​

If you PM me with questions, please allow me a little time to answer.
You can also get me on Hangouts - krisnicbell@gmail.com

**Download**​

***A special thanks to
@nprev420, @skyliner33v, @pimpmaneaton & @pjgraber03
for all their help while I learned to build roms!

I hope you all enjoy Beanstalk as much as I do!

Last edited:

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Having some issues using Xposed on this... XHaloFloatingWindow keeps crashing the apps I try to pin to the side, and I am not able to go back to the previous build of Xposed framework.

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
Having some issues using Xposed on this... XHaloFloatingWindow keeps crashing the apps I try to pin to the side, and I am not able to go back to the previous build of Xposed framework.

I don't use XHalo, but when I get home, I will check it out.. Were you trying to revert by uninstalling the current XPosed and installing another version? Thanks for reporting the issue... Obviously, this is a new build and bugs are to be expected..

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I don't use XHalo, but when I get home, I will check it out.. Were you trying to revert by uninstalling the current XPosed and installing another version? Thanks for reporting the issue... Obviously, this is a new build and bugs are to be expected..
I tried to use the recovery installer as well as uninstalling / installing from the installer apk.

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
When I installed MWSidebarLauncher, and tried to launch an app in Halo, it only launched normally. Are you using OmniROM's Floating Window?

EDIT: I eventually found the settings to enable the built in sidebar launcher as well as Halo. But I still have issues when trying to view two apps side by side.

Last edited:

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
This is working great on my n8010 (now showing it as a n8013 lol) only issue is in settings it seems to cut off the right hand side so the sliding tabs aren't fully visible.

Can you post screenshots? I'm not exactly sure what you mean..since it's working on the 8010, I may compile for a build for it so it will show as an 8010 and not an 8013..

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
When I installed MWSidebarLauncher, and tried to launch an app in Halo, it only launched normally. Are you using OmniROM's Floating Window?

EDIT: I eventually found the settings to enable the built in sidebar launcher as well as Halo. But I still have issues when trying to view two apps side by side.

No, I don't use omnirom's floating window.. If I want something to open in a floating window, I swipe a notification to the left in the notification drawer.. I used to use Halo with floating window a lot, but have used omniswitch for a while, and it's so fast I don't worry about floating anymore.. There are so many settings and options in Beanstalk it takes a while to find everything lol

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
If you use the tab in portrait its OK if settings are closed first then restarted then if you rotate the tab its OK till settings are opened in landscape again

Ok, I understand now.. I very seldom use mine in landscape unless I'm playing Angry Birds lol... I'm going to do a new build today or tonight because some stuff was changed with the source I'm using.. I'll try to get a 8010 version out too if you would want to test it for me..

nerdyblonde

Mar 6, 2013
Virginia
If you to settings, Xposed options, on the very first screen there is a Netflix work around...

Edit: I was just informed that the Netflix workaround hasn't worked for a while... The suggestion was to use an older version of Netflix.. The dev team I joined is awesome, so once they get all other major issues fixed, they can work on the other issues.. Beanstalk will get better and better as time goes on, so just bear with us for a while..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heading.jpg

Beanstalk 4.4.4065 - 10/8/14
    Built for the Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013)​

I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by Scott.Hart.Bti.
    This is a build composed off the CM11 builds, and there have been a lot features added on top of it.
    So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability.
    Many of the additional code additions came from Slim ROM and also Derteufels build,
    and have been modified to work with Beanstalk.
    A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication.
    Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.
    BeanStalk is always evolving, new features coming in, bugs being ironed out.
    Thanks to @skyliner33v for the boot animation and upcoming wallpapers!​

Like what you see?
    Click the thanks button or Donate to @scott.hart.bti by clicking here :
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4552996

View attachment 2964726

- CM based
    - Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
    - Customizable Lockscreen text color
    - Lockscreen rotation
    - Option to enable all widgets
    - Minimize lockscreen challange
    - Use widget carousel
    - Slider Shortcuts
    - Static Lockscreen shortcuts
    - Lockscreen button actions
    - LCD Density
    - Scroll elasticity options
    - Default App grip option
    - Custom Carrier label
    - Dual Pane options
    - Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
    - Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    - Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    - Status bar color and transparency
    - Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
    - Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, hide signal icons
    - Breathing SMS option
    - Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    - Do not disturb option
    - Show notification count
    - Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (don't ask why)
    - Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
    - Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
    - Notification shortcuts, behavior, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
    - Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
    - Kill app back button with customizable timeout values
    - High end graphic effects option
    - Option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
    - Low battery warning customizable options
    - Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
    - Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
    - Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    - Less frequent Notification sounds options
    - CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    - Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    - Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    - CM Performance options and features
    - About BeanStalk option with links to Github source and Facebook for beanstalk. Also links to Scott's Twitter and donate.
    - Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    - Option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
    - Wakelock Blocker
    - Numerous other options hiding throughout the build.

Source.jpg

Beanstalk Source: https://github.com/scotthartbti

***Also, @pimpmaneaton is doing some work on a project called Co-Beanstalk.
    He deserves credit for adding OmniSwitch (an awesome app thanks to OmniRom),
    adding the new XPosed installer on its own separate tab,
    changing the look of the Beanstalk options menu a little,
    and adding the black Beanstalk boot animation.
    All of the above is included in this build.

Co-Beanstalk source: https://github.com/Co-BeanStalk

I am also working on a build with @pimpmaneaton's DracoKernel, and will post it once I confirm everything is working.​

READ THIS VERY CAREFULLY!!!!

I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your device in the process of flashing, or at any other time for that matter. Please have some knowledge of flashing custom roms and setting things up.
    I can confirm this build works on the Galaxy Note N8013 edition ONLY!! I do not have the N8000 or any other tablet to test it on.

If someone does want to test this rom on the N8000 or another variation, and it does work, please post the so other users will know, and I can update the post.
    But again, this is your choice and I will not take responsibility for anything that happens to your tablet during flashing.​

As long as I have the N8013 tablet, I will be updating Beanstalk regularly, and may consider compiling other roms for it as well. I noticed we don't have many custom roms for our device, and I love Beanstalk, so that's why I decided to build.
    I do have a job, and I am doing this in my free time, and because I enjoy it.
    I will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.
    I understand there are some noobs, and I will do my best to answer any questions you have.
    If you don't like the rom, that's your choice, and you can go find another one to flash, or better yet, build your own.

GApps.jpg

I recommend using PA GApps from this link -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942
    Pick the package that suits you or use whatever GApps package you prefer as long as it's 4.4.4.
    Big thanks to @TKruzze to keeping the GApps updated for everyone.

**Flashing**

I use TWRP Recovery to flash roms from this link - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/110
    If you don't already use TWRP, but want to, you can flash it with the Flashify app from the Play Store,
    Mobile Odin, or use the directions to install via your PC.
    I haven't ever used CWM on my tablet, but if you are comfortable with it, you can use it to flash this rom.
    Just make sure you have a custom recovery installed, because this rom won't flash with stock recovery.

This is my method of flashing:
    - Boot into Recovery
    - ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG!
    - Do a factory reset. In TWRP, I also select "Format Data" to wipe completely clean.
    If you are just upgrading from another Beanstalk 4.4 build, you shouldn't have to wipe completely
    unless you had a lot of issues on the previous build.

AFTER Backup & Wipe:
    - Flash Rom
    - Flash GApps
    - Reboot System
    *Allow at least 5 minutes for it to boot the first time before thinking it has failed.
    When the Welcome screen appears, I allow at least 10 minutes for the rom to settle in. I don't touch anything.
    Afterwards, I set everything up.

**A Few Extra Tips**

The following are just tips from personal experience, not required.

The regular SuperUser is included in this rom, but I always download SuperSU from the Play Store.
    (Thanks as always to @Chainfire for SuperSU).
    Open SuperSU, and a popup will ask you to update the SU binary. Choose OK.
    If it asks you to use the Normal method or the TWRP/CWM method, try Normal the first time.
    If it fails, do it again and choose TWRP/CWM method.
    You will get a confirmation in installed properly.
    I also download BusyBox from the Play Store.
    Open BusyBox, click Install on the bottom left, then Smart Install.​

If you PM me with questions, please allow me a little time to answer.
    You can also get me on Hangouts - krisnicbell@gmail.com

**Download**​

***A special thanks to
    @nprev420, @skyliner33v, @pimpmaneaton & @pjgraber03
    for all their help while I learned to build roms!

I hope you all enjoy Beanstalk as much as I do!
    Goods things to come guys. We are have gotten a handful of good devs and hope to take BeanStalk even further. Plus you got yourself a good maintainer here.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
    Haha thanks.. I enjoy doing it.. The new update will be for the N8013/N8010 and then one for the N8000 so all the tablets will have some goodness.. I'm on a pretty awesome team now and they are all very creative and of course very smart, so be on the lookout... ?
    Hi.can I test in my n8000.i cant see the download.

I have made a version specifically for the N8000 and will be uploading soon.. The team has changed several things and we are waiting until it's all final before we do any more releases.. Won't be long though.. I will update the OP and post the link as soon as it's ready.. Thanks
    Still running smooth for me. Thanks

Sent from my porn hub

Great, I'm glad it's working good for you... New BIG update coming in the next few days.. Keep an eye out for it ;)