[ROM] UPDATED Transformer pure root tw/us/ww/de/jp (8.4.4.5/11/12/8.6.5.6/7/9)

Search This thread

mashi

Feb 12, 2006
This is pure root kit for Asus Transformer.
It is only root but nothing else

I am waiting for butro provide me the boot.img

For CN Version :
boot_cn_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_cn_8659.zip

For US Version :
boot_us_84411.zip
boot_us_8656.zip
boot_us_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_us_8659.zip

For TW Version :
boot_tw_84411.zip
boot_tw_8656.zip
boot_tw_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_tw_8659.zip

For WW Version :
boot_ww_84411.zip

For DE Version:
boot_de_84411.zip
boot_de_8657.zip page #57

For JP Version:
boot_jp_84412.zip

extract the file inside the zip to directory root before running root.bat
for ww 8.4.4.11 version. thanks for the help from poet,paddy01,peacemaster,rebound821 provide me the boot file
for tw 8.4.4.11/8.6.5.6 version thanks for the help from butro for the boot file.
for us 8.6.5.6 version thanks for the help from gpaunescu for the boot file
to backup the boot and recovery.
nvflash.exe --bct transformer.bct --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --sync
nvflash.exe -r --read 6 boot.img
nvflash.exe -r --read 5 recovery.img

Please change the filename boot and recovery to region and version and send it to me. i can build the new version.

Thanks for the fone_fanatic to do the walkthru.
Ok, just did this and worked flawlessly, have root and CWM in under 10 minutes!

I'll replay step by step what i did to help those that are still confused. (it looks long but its really not, i was just very detailed causing this to be more of a "take my hand and i'll walk you through it")

Some background info. Highly recommend reading these if you don't know what either is!
Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits of Rooting by androidpolice.com
What is ClockWorkMod recovery and how to use it by addictivetips.com

STEP 1. Make sure you have all the correct asus drivers installed. Not sure if this is necessary but i had them all installed previously and i didn't run into a single issue.
1a. Head over to Asus Support/download page for the transfomer
1b. Select your PC's operating system from the drop down box.
1c. Download and install the USB driver, Asus Sync, and EEE Pad Pc Suite (don't think this one is needed but i installed them all when i first got my tf).

Step 2. Verify that you have adb running properly.
Since adb.exe is included in the download, you really don't need the sdk or adb from elsewhere.
2a. connect your tf via USB to your PC after installing the driver and other apps from step 1.
2b. Open Command prompt on your pc (win key+R) and open (and extract) Tf_rootkit_31 (link at bottom of post).
2c. Navigate to /tf_rootkit_31/root_app/ folder from the downloaded and extracted file, drag "adb.exe file to the open command prompt window.
(it should read something like C:\....\tf_rootkit_31\adb.exe)
2d. After the "adb.exe" press space bar and type "devices" (w/o quotes ofcourse) press enter.
If it says "List of Devices attached" and under that a 15 mixed numbers and letters (serial number) followed by device then adb is working!
If NOT, look at the stickies or search on google on getting adb to work on your OS.

STEP 3. Now the fun begins Here we will put the TF in APX mode and install the APX driver.
3a. Shut your TF off and while plugged into your PC, hold the volume UP and Power button until your PC makes that USB device plugged in sound and there is a notification about installing drivers.
3b. Open up the driver install thing in status bar and press on cancel (or whatever it is to get it to stop searching online for the driver).
3c. Open Device manager, scroll down to "Other Devices" (might be named something else in xp or vista) and you should see APX something with a small exclamation mark in a yellow triangle.
3d. Right click it, select "Update Driver Software..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "let me pick from list ..." -> click next -> "have disk" -> Browse -> navigate to the downloaded tf_rootkit_31 folder, open usbpcdriver folder and select "NvidiaUsb.inf" -> open, and all it to install, Ignore the unsigned error, let it install anyway.

STEP 4. Get to installing! Now your TF should be in APX Mode (if memory serves me right the screen should turn on.
4a. Go to the downloaded tf_rootkit_31 folder and double click on root.bat (on the TF screen it should say something along the line of "...update successful..."
4b. (OPTIONAL) if you want clockwork mod recovery, then go ahead and double click cwm.bat [Follow STEP 6 to update CWM]
4c. Restart TF, once rebooted make sure USB Debugging is enabled (Settings->Applications->Development)
4d. double click root_app.bat (this installs su and superuser.apk via adb, so command prompt will open up and do its adb thing and reboot your TF)

STEP 5. Confirm completion and CELEBRATE!
5a. Open your app drawer up after reboot and check to see if the Superuser app is there, if so install an app that requires root access (root explorer, adfree, titanium backup etc) and once you open it up, if you get a box requesting super user permission the you got it working!
5b. do a naked/underwear dance!

STEP 6. Update CWM recovery!! You will need a microSD card
6a. Go over to the CWM thread and download latest version of CWM recovery
6b. Place that downloaded .zip (DO NOT UNPACK) on your microSD card
6c. power TF off, then hold voume down + power button, when you see white writing in the top left of the screen press volume up and you should now bee in CWM recovery. Use volume up/down to move through the options and power button to select.
6d. Scroll down to "Install zip from sdcard" press power button then select "Choose zip from sdcard" and now it should list what is on your microsd, Scroll down and select the .zip you downloaded (as of this writing latest version is named recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip)
6e. Follow instructions on screen, should be straightforward. And now your CWM is updated!

Thanks for the help from Roach`, RaYmAn and Bumble-Bee.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N5JDHIWK

Attachments

• boot_ww_84411.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 4,744
  • boot_tw_84411.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 930
  • boot_us_84411.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 3,072
  • boot_de_84411.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 425
  • boot_jp_84412.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 939
  • boot_tw_8656.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 485
  • boot_us_8656.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,436
Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G

after extract the package.
root.bat (root the TF)
if you need CWM installed you have to run cwm.bat after root.bat
root_app.bat will add superuser and su on your TF.

Any links or anything?:D

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Poeta

stevm

Sep 2, 2008
Hamilton,ON

turn off your TF.
press volume up + power until it ask for install driver. install driver from usbpcdriver. your TF is on apx mode now.
root.bat (root the TF). after it is done. if you don't need CWM. you can hold your power button for 10 sec to turn it off and turn it back on.
if you need CWM installed you have to run cwm.bat after root.bat. after it is done. hold your power button for 10 sec to turn it off and turn it back on.
please turn on the USB Debugging before run root_app.bat

Thank You so much,This is what I was looking for:D

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

turn off your TF.
press volume up + power until it ask for install driver. install driver from usbpcdriver. your TF is on apx mode now.
root.bat (root the TF). after it is done. if you don't need CWM. you can hold your power button for 10 sec to turn it off and turn it back on.
if you need CWM installed you have to run cwm.bat after root.bat. after it is done. hold your power button for 10 sec to turn it off and turn it back on.
please turn on the USB Debugging before run root_app.bat

Does this mean we keep our system and data partitions and don't need to do a full wipe with nvflash?
Can we get a tutorial with easy step by step instructions.
Also is this only for PC or will it work on Mac or Linux.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

mashi

Feb 12, 2006
right. you can keep your system/data partitions untouch.
1. enter apx mode (turn off tf. press and hold volume up + power to enter apx mode)
2. run root.bat (to get perm root)
3. run cwm.bat (if you want cwm installed)
4. reboot (press and hold power button for 10sec)
5. turn on debug on tf (application -> development)
6. run root_app.bat (to install superuser and su)
7. done!

Does this mean we keep our system and data partitions and don't need to do a full wipe with nvflash?
Can we get a tutorial with easy step by step instructions.
Also is this only for PC or will it work on Mac or Linux.
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AllTheWay

hbk19

May 24, 2010
Well, CWM installed properly, so I'm guessing it worked. Root_app didn't work even with USB debugging enabled, but I installed Superuser from the market. But for some reason, AdFree didn't seem to recognize the root... TiBu doesn't work either.

Odd...

EDIT: root_app doesn't seem to find the device. I downloaded and installed MTP drivers from Asus and tried again (with USB Debugging enabled), but still didn't work. So CWM works, but the device doesn't seem to be rooted (or at least, the apps don't recognize any root).

Last edited:

hbk19

May 24, 2010
Try to install busybox via titanium backup

TiBu doesn't recognize root either.

EDIT: And busybox won't install because it doesn't see an su, which Superuser won't install because it doesn't recognize root, which I obviously must have because CWM installed and works properly. Pretty frustrating, this is.

EDIT2: Never mind, root_app somehow worked. It might be because I installed ASUS Sync.

Last edited:

hbk19

May 24, 2010
Anyway, to those wondering if this works, it does. Just make sure to have all your drivers installed, APX or otherwise.

Now, to wait for PRIME 1.5 to come. I better start backing up my apps.

liorry

Aug 1, 2009
First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.

Last edited:

tharonald1981

Sep 6, 2010
If i do this procedure with stock 3.1 (WW) i don't lose my data? and wil i be able to run a custom OC kernel with the stock ROM?

liorry

Aug 1, 2009
Verified working!

First you need this as well:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF101/ASUS_Android_USB_drivers_for_Windows.zip
It said process completed successfully but nothing happened - no superuser app and no root...
Installed the SuperUser app fro Market. still no root (tested with Root Explorer)

The problem is with the adb not recognizing the device, therefor can't push the superuser.apk

any ideas what to do?

btw, Clockwork is working - which means I can flash a rooted ROM over the current one, use titanium backup to backup apps&games and then if I want, wipe and reinstall the rooted ROM.

Success!
After I managed to get ADB with the Transformer and updated Windows Media Player (so I can mount on my XP computer at work) I also managed to push the root files and got root access so I can verify this script is working perfectly.

The clockwork however can't mount the sd-card which means I can't flash a custom ROM so I would love if anyone points out a solution for this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am waiting for butro provide me the boot.img

For CN Version :
    boot_cn_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_cn_8659.zip

For US Version :
    boot_us_84411.zip
    boot_us_8656.zip
    boot_us_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_us_8659.zip

For TW Version :
    boot_tw_84411.zip
    boot_tw_8656.zip
    boot_tw_8659.zip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16475375/tf_hack/boot_tw_8659.zip

For WW Version :
    boot_ww_84411.zip

For DE Version:
    boot_de_84411.zip
    boot_de_8657.zip page #57

For JP Version:
    boot_jp_84412.zip

extract the file inside the zip to directory root before running root.bat
    for ww 8.4.4.11 version. thanks for the help from poet,paddy01,peacemaster,rebound821 provide me the boot file
    for tw 8.4.4.11/8.6.5.6 version thanks for the help from butro for the boot file.
    for us 8.6.5.6 version thanks for the help from gpaunescu for the boot file
    to backup the boot and recovery.
    nvflash.exe --bct transformer.bct --setbct --configfile flash.cfg --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x300d8011 --sbk 0x1682CCD8 0x8A1A43EA 0xA532EEB6 0xECFE1D98 --sync
    nvflash.exe -r --read 6 boot.img
    nvflash.exe -r --read 5 recovery.img

Please change the filename boot and recovery to region and version and send it to me. i can build the new version.

Thanks for the fone_fanatic to do the walkthru.

I'll replay step by step what i did to help those that are still confused. (it looks long but its really not, i was just very detailed causing this to be more of a "take my hand and i'll walk you through it")

Some background info. Highly recommend reading these if you don't know what either is!

STEP 1. Make sure you have all the correct asus drivers installed. Not sure if this is necessary but i had them all installed previously and i didn't run into a single issue.
    1c. Download and install the USB driver, Asus Sync, and EEE Pad Pc Suite (don't think this one is needed but i installed them all when i first got my tf).

Since adb.exe is included in the download, you really don't need the sdk or adb from elsewhere.
    2a. connect your tf via USB to your PC after installing the driver and other apps from step 1.
    2b. Open Command prompt on your pc (win key+R) and open (and extract) Tf_rootkit_31 (link at bottom of post).
    2c. Navigate to /tf_rootkit_31/root_app/ folder from the downloaded and extracted file, drag "adb.exe file to the open command prompt window.
    2d. After the "adb.exe" press space bar and type "devices" (w/o quotes ofcourse) press enter.
    If it says "List of Devices attached" and under that a 15 mixed numbers and letters (serial number) followed by device then adb is working!
    If NOT, look at the stickies or search on google on getting adb to work on your OS.

STEP 3. Now the fun begins Here we will put the TF in APX mode and install the APX driver.
    3a. Shut your TF off and while plugged into your PC, hold the volume UP and Power button until your PC makes that USB device plugged in sound and there is a notification about installing drivers.
    3b. Open up the driver install thing in status bar and press on cancel (or whatever it is to get it to stop searching online for the driver).
    3c. Open Device manager, scroll down to "Other Devices" (might be named something else in xp or vista) and you should see APX something with a small exclamation mark in a yellow triangle.
    3d. Right click it, select "Update Driver Software..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "let me pick from list ..." -> click next -> "have disk" -> Browse -> navigate to the downloaded tf_rootkit_31 folder, open usbpcdriver folder and select "NvidiaUsb.inf" -> open, and all it to install, Ignore the unsigned error, let it install anyway.

STEP 4. Get to installing! Now your TF should be in APX Mode (if memory serves me right the screen should turn on.
    4a. Go to the downloaded tf_rootkit_31 folder and double click on root.bat (on the TF screen it should say something along the line of "...update successful..."
    4b. (OPTIONAL) if you want clockwork mod recovery, then go ahead and double click cwm.bat [Follow STEP 6 to update CWM]
    4c. Restart TF, once rebooted make sure USB Debugging is enabled (Settings->Applications->Development)
    4d. double click root_app.bat (this installs su and superuser.apk via adb, so command prompt will open up and do its adb thing and reboot your TF)

5a. Open your app drawer up after reboot and check to see if the Superuser app is there, if so install an app that requires root access (root explorer, adfree, titanium backup etc) and once you open it up, if you get a box requesting super user permission the you got it working!

6c. power TF off, then hold voume down + power button, when you see white writing in the top left of the screen press volume up and you should now bee in CWM recovery. Use volume up/down to move through the options and power button to select.
    6d. Scroll down to "Install zip from sdcard" press power button then select "Choose zip from sdcard" and now it should list what is on your microsd, Scroll down and select the .zip you downloaded (as of this writing latest version is named recovery-3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3-240511-1908.zip)
    6e. Follow instructions on screen, should be straightforward. And now your CWM is updated!

STEP 3. Now the fun begins :D Here we will put the TF in APX mode and install the APX driver.

6e. Follow instructions on screen, should be straightforward. And now your CWM is updated! :D

Tf_RootKit_31: Megaupload AND dropbox mirror: Dropbox (thanks tharonald1981)
    don't worry. got my friend's tf. will build root for new firmware tonight
    Batch Script tf_rootkit_31

Hi all,
    I've created a batch script, using mashi original scripts and some others, that makes rooting transformer more user friendly.
    I added some other functionalities, like backing up current (or stock) boot and recovery, and also scripts for install busybox, install stock boot or(unroot) and stock recovery (you need this for install OTA updates).

As is usual, use this at your own risk. You can open the script to see what it does (there are no tricks here). If you find a bug please report it.

There's a file missing in the zip, because my transformer is ww, I need someone to provide stock US boot.img (place it in images/stock/us/8.4.4.11 folder). Since there as been some confusion about this file, this is only necessary for putting your pad to stock. When someone provides this file I'll update thezip file.

Unzip the file into a new directory, because I've changed folder names and file paths. Double click "Pure.Root.3.1.bat" file and follow the menus.
    Read first post or select About/FAQ option in menu for instructions, because you still have to install USB drivers and ADB.

Updated version available V3:
    Changelog:
    - fix paths for nvflash
    - fix command for busybox install
    - fix CMW install bug
    - fix path for backup files.

Download link: here

PrintScreen:
    pureroot.png
    Sorry to be such a newbie, but can you please explain the steps involved in:

for step 6 I had to start server in adb,and after that run root-app.bat.

How exactly did you "start server in adb"?

Thanks in advance!

What I did Is I run step 6 right after reboot,and nothing happens,so then I checked in adb devices(open comm window in windows and navigate to directory where you downloaded files for root)Once there type 'adb devices" without quot,if you get bunch of numbers you're ok ,if not type kill-server hit enter,next type start-server and hit enter,,then check devices again and there must be your tf attached.Dont close this window,go to root-app.bat doubleclick it and wait for tf to reboot. you're done.hope it helps