[Q] Is this Good Battery Life.

Search This thread

OverDroid5

Dec 12, 2012
Naperville, IL

Itzvik

Oct 27, 2012
Ocala
Judging by the screenshot how many hours of screen time do you guys think he currently has? I might trade him his DNA is practically less than a month old.

Bigandrewgold

Mar 26, 2011
Judging by the screenshot how many hours of screen time do you guys think he currently has? I might trade him his DNA is practically less than a month old.

I have absolutely no clue, nor would anyone else. If you really want to know his on screen time ask him to install gsam.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

treahuggs

Aug 28, 2012
What does it matter what his current screen time is? Two people just told you they get 5 hours of constant screen time and 3 hours would be a bare min with hard hard gaming and tasks. For what this phone is, it does fantastic for its battery.

And if you are spending 5 hours staring at your phone you may just be an inrovert. Lets think about this, if you spend 5 hours glued to your phone, thats 20% of your day blocking off everything around you. Thats alot of things to miss out on.

knokfirst

Jun 21, 2012
knok.in
I get a full day (17ish hours I am awake) with at least 3hrs screen on and will goto bed with at least 20% charge left.

edit: I also have 4g and wifi on throughout the day - never turning either of them off.

Last edited:

drumz0rz

Mar 22, 2011
The battery life has a lot to do with your signal coverage.

Take this as an example. For the first few months with the phone I worked in an office with poor signal reception. I mean bad. It would be hunting for even a 1X connection on minute, then showing full bars of 4G the next, just to lose it all 10 minutes later. (It was the building, not the phone). Now I'm in a new office that has excellent 3G coverage (4G seems to come and go, I blame Verizon).

My routine is the same. Unplug at 6:30am, moderate use throughout the day. At the old office I'd be down to 30% or so by lunch (12) and if I didn't charge it I'd die around 5:30pm. At the new office I actually forget to charge it during the day sometimes. It'll last until 8pm. And that's using the phone a good amount during the day.

Ferradinho

Mar 20, 2010
PDX
I don't know about screen time but I'm right over 12 hours off the charger today and have 53% left. Most days I have between 25% and 35% left when I put it on the charger at night after 16 hours. No wifi, LTE on and auto brightness. Only had to charge it twice before the end of the day.

I will install GSam though. I'm interested to see what my actual screen time is.

Sent from my Limited Edition HTC6435LVW

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
I get about 3-4 hours of on-screen time and about 12-15 hours on a full charge This is about on par with my S3. I'm quite happy with the battery life as I was expecting much worse.

Serinety

Account currently disabled
Aug 29, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
y3yta5ag.jpg

That's a little higher than normal for me, for example, today I'm at 15 hours and have 14% left.

On days where I use my screen a lot I get less.

The other night I was working on some late night research and my phone was plugged in and I noticed the charging light turn green. Knowing I had at least 5 more hours to go before I was done, I un plugged it, put on Netflix over 4G, streaming some hd movie my kids watch, since Dr Seuss about trees. Anyway, i let it play at full brightness and recorded the time and percent. It died at right around 5.5 hours.

I ended up using the best fit line (linear approx) and wrote a model of battery life as a function of screen tine, brightness, and 4g vs wifi. I'll see if I am find it.

But over 5 hours is pretty respectable though. I was impressed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2