OTA Help! Keep getting stuck on boot logo

Search This thread

bigmarv27

Aug 23, 2014
hey can someone help me? i just got the 33R OTA update and then I tried applying the update and it installs fine. the only problem is that when i reboot it, it gets stuck on the boot logo. people have told me to wait a bit after applying the update but I had my phone sitting there for 30 minutes and it never reached the boot animation.

Ive followed multiple ways to update the OTA. Ive tried sideloading, applying through TWRP, and the OTA. all have used wiping the cache.

I am currently on 30O and rooted unlocked. I had this problem with the 30O OTA and I had to factory reset everything to get the update. Does anyone know what could be causing my phone to not boot after an update?

kurtmintz

Mar 3, 2011
help me?

If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

If you can sideload download and sideload this [ ROM ][ Aug 21 ] Stock Rooted 4.4.4 XNPH33R

And install thru TWRP

Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.

MrMarkEdward

Jun 22, 2012
New Llano, Louisiana
What are the commands to sideload through adb. i'm sorta new. i sideloaded twrp just fine, but i dont know the rest. My phone wont update from 30O

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Thank you SO much. I was so worried i was about to brick my phone but this saved the day. You are my hero.

Your welcome no problem glad it helped.

xxjosh90xx

Aug 26, 2014
Nope, the only way to resolve it is by unlocking the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery to sideload.

I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've never rooted before. Can you recommed a guide for this problem that I have. All the guides I've seen say I need to enable debugging and I can't access the phone so I don't know how to do it. If I use fastboot and plug in via USB would that do the trick?

Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon

xxjosh90xx

Aug 26, 2014
Fastboot doesn't require usb debugging to be turned on. Just go to the guide in my signature and you'll be golden.

Transmitted via Bacon
Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thank you so much. Last question, if I do follow your guide while I void the warranty? I filed a claim with OP letting them know about my problem. I don't know if its better to wait to hear what they tell me which may take forever from what I've read online. I'm so glad I came here for help. Thanks again.

No, unlocking your bootloader and rooting your device doesn't void your warranty with OnePlus.

Transmitted via Bacon

jkentj

Apr 11, 2014
hey can someone help me? i just got the 33R OTA update and then I tried applying the update and it installs fine. the only problem is that when i reboot it, it gets stuck on the boot logo. people have told me to wait a bit after applying the update but I had my phone sitting there for 30 minutes and it never reached the boot animation.

Ive followed multiple ways to update the OTA. Ive tried sideloading, applying through TWRP, and the OTA. all have used wiping the cache.

I am currently on 30O and rooted unlocked. I had this problem with the 30O OTA and I had to factory reset everything to get the update. Does anyone know what could be causing my phone to not boot after an update?

I had a similar issue when I was rooting my phone and I had to clear the cache through fastboot ADB to get past the boot logo.

The instructions are the 7th post down from the top of this thread...
http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/help/stuck-boot-animation-t2853882/post54954047#post54954047

Hope it helps!