[WIP] Finding professional developers to fix WP7 bugs on HD2

Search This thread

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Hi all, we all know the main Windows Phone 7 bugs on our HTC HD2.
There were lots of threads and everytime we stated that the fixing process would need a professional developer (and he has to be a good one).
Professional developers work for money, so i had this idea:
We can propose a job for a developer on www.getacoder.com and pay him with our money, together.

I'm not asking for money, i'd just like to know how much will you pay for this.

I'll take the total amount as payment, so please be honest as, if you say you'll give to this project 10$, your 10$ are needed by the project itself!

I also thought about splitting the work (fixing one bug at time), this will make it easyer to find developers to work on it succesfully.

So, how much are you going to pay to get a fully working Windows Phone 7?

If you think this is a good idea, thank me and share it with your friends :D Higher we get, faster we will get bugs fixed

Last edited:
J

jianC

I hope this doesn't turn into a crazy high bounty thread.. haha

trav_44

Jan 10, 2010
dual boot mango and AmericanDroid?

I would love a stable build WP7 mango and dual boot American Droid 2. 3. 4, I would donate up to 50$

has anyone done this successfuly?

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it

yugoport

Jul 3, 2009
Professional or not I will donate 30$ to 50$ (depending on the success) to put everything working, specially camera,multitouch and Bluetooth drain in standby..

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
Developer is last thing you will need. The first most important - get documentation from HTC fully describing HD2 hardware(ports adresses, interrupts and other hardware parameters) in details. And tools as well. This has to be hardware device driver programming. It takes a lot of time and effort even with documentation, but imposible without. It is not web or graphics or kind of this programming.
So first collect money to pay HTC for docs:). Or better idea - collect money to pay HTC to develop perfect drivers:).
That is why this and other threads like this will lead to nowhere without documentation.

Last edited:

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Developer is last thing you will need. The first most important - get documentation from HTC fully describing HD2 hardware(ports adresses, interrupts and other hardware parameters) in details. And tools as well. This has to be hardware device driver programming. It takes a lot of time and effort even with documentation, but imposible without. It is not web or graphics or kind of this programming.
So first collect money to pay HTC for docs:). Or better idea - collect money to pay HTC to develop perfect drivers:).
That is why this and other threads like this will lead to nowhere without documentation.
I know, electronic is my field, but if someone who knows how to do it, decompiles drivers, he can get the needed informations. I know ASM is not easy and it's hard to understand what the code does, that's why, this time, we need a professional developer payed to do so instead of the (maybe) community developers which can work on this only in the spare time.

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
Your theory sounds good, but ...
Did you ever try to disassemble any hardware driver for such a complex device? Without anything...
Even if someone will get some information back from reverse engineering existing drivers it won't be complete enough to modify/make drivers perfectly working. It is all guessing without proper information - results are unknown. Who will pay for unknown results?
Possibility is only find contacts with HTC to get docs. DTF probably has such contacts(i don't know how deep are contacts)

All others ways i think(based on my experience in reverse engineering) just dreams and waste of time....

Cero92

Oct 31, 2008
Neive
www.francescocrema.it
Your theory sounds good, but ...
Did you ever try to disassemble any hardware driver for such a complex device? Without anything...
Even if someone will get some information back from reverse engineering existing drivers it won't be complete enough to modify/make drivers perfectly working. It is all guessing without proper information - results are unknown. Who will pay for unknown results?
Possibility is only find contacts with HTC to get docs. DTF probably has such contacts(i don't know how deep are contacts)

All others ways i think(based on my experience in reverse engineering) just dreams and waste of time....
Why? If he manage to understand how the hardware works, he can do that. As I said it's an hard way, but i don't think HTC is going to give us their private specs.

zcdg

Apr 9, 2010
Toronto
DFT didn't do any drivers for HD2. Drivers were made by HTC for internal testing purpose only. that is why they are so buggy - not finished. DFT found the way how to get that test ROM and drivers from HTC. And surely they have contacts with HTC - official/unofficial i don't know.

P.S. i don't think anyone working on drivers - for this long period of time(from first test ROM to Mango) we don't see any kind of progress.
Looks like all serious developers forgot about HD2(exept Xboxmod). Sad, but it is life.... A lots of new devices with good drivers around(they are not so unique as HD2, but devs don't care)

Last edited:
Reactions: dazza9075

Jerome.Ramos

May 18, 2010
RE: Already Stable

I would love a stable build WP7 mango and dual boot American Droid 2. 3. 4, I would donate up to 50$

has anyone done this successfuly?

I don't know about the others but Yuki and Xboxmod's back to the future rom does wonders...I am currently dual booting back to the future rom with SD American Android 2.3.5. I have no bugs to report with the back to the future mango rom while dual booting back and forth with american android. I currently just adjusted the notification sounds by researching and reading threads found here...all of which was given for free...J

pirlano

i think Cotulla is able to write drivers, he done it for android/linux kernel, he knows hw and sw very well, and i think that donations to DFT team are better than find a new dev.
DFT is very experienced, and they done a lot for us, from linux kernel contribution, magldr, firsts android and wp7 ROMs, and they are in contacts with HTC.
They done a lot for us for free, they spent a lot time working to improve our hd2, it's time to say thanks to DFT :)
i will donate 20€ for fully fixed HD2 drivers:
1)multitouch
2)battery meter
3)green tint camera
4)high drain on standby

Cotulla contact is https://twitter.com/CotullaCode
or http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=600525

It's last twit is: Yes. In our future plans for LEO: DFT Hornet, DFT Legacynd, DFT Ultrafruit and DFT MAGLDR200. Then maybe DFT Legasto...

Donations to Cotulla is the best choise for me :D

Reactions: juniwalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we all know the main Windows Phone 7 bugs on our HTC HD2.
    There were lots of threads and everytime we stated that the fixing process would need a professional developer (and he has to be a good one).
    Professional developers work for money, so i had this idea:
    We can propose a job for a developer on www.getacoder.com and pay him with our money, together.

I'm not asking for money, i'd just like to know how much will you pay for this.

I'll take the total amount as payment, so please be honest as, if you say you'll give to this project 10$, your 10$ are needed by the project itself!

I also thought about splitting the work (fixing one bug at time), this will make it easyer to find developers to work on it succesfully.

So, how much are you going to pay to get a fully working Windows Phone 7?

If you think this is a good idea, thank me and share it with your friends :D Higher we get, faster we will get bugs fixed
    The issue here is that between WM6.5 and WP7.0 the device driver model has changed from user mode to kernel mode. If someone has the instruction set codes or android device driver source code then I can work on this :)
    I washed my mozart in the washing machine and I have been using the HD2 at least until Nokia Lumia 800 comes out.
    I have to admit that I am pretty new to WP7. Just flashed it Friday night, updated until 2:00 in the morning, almost went crazy because Mango wouldn't install, but then just out of nothing it did (what made me very happy). I even got my activation key from MS - wich was VERY easy (but I think anything else would be dumb. If people want the OS, give it to them. Raise your market share. Make them used to it).
    But I have to say two things:
    1. Battery drain sucks ... I will have to do some research on how to fix that, if there is a way.
    2. AppQuality in the Market is still lower than in the Android Market. I hope with time, that changes.

I was using MIUI until Friday and I loved it! Compared to any Android Version I used before (and I tried 5 or 6) MIUI just got the best out of the HD2.
    But I really like how MS designed wp7. Very clean intuitive OS.

Besides the BatteryDrain I only have a problem with BlueTooth - it just doesn't start sometimes.

I donated to JW for the Miui-Port in the past, and I am totally ready to donate for WP7 developement. I am not talking about one big donation but some smaller ones (constant cash flow).

So - bottom line:

Donation for
    BT fix
    BatterDrain fix

Last to say: Great port. Thanks for WP7!
    i know, but 2 years ago we was stuck with WM65, and no one was thinking about this great support from devs and community, now we got an almost native android and WP7 phone, and don't forget that Cotulla wrote from zero some Android driver (like our touchscreen, without any datasheet on our Elan IC, and no other Android phone use that IC)

i will donate 20€ if these 4 bugs will be fixed, maybe we can do a reward list for Cotulla :)

also audio seems to be too high
    and compass, g-sensor seems broken??

accelerometer works fine, the audio can be helped with a couple of cabs from xboxmod, they dont make it perfect, in call volume seems to be still too low, but its a lot better, compass hasnt worked (native to wP7 that is) since the start, i believe windows phone didnt have an API (not sure about mango) however, its a bit laggy but check this out, since HTC have access to the hardware its self they dropped this wee bomb shell (an kept it very quiet!) which will access the hardware directly

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DEL7Q88F

Im not going to get pulled in to another long debate on this one, but given thats been what, 1 maybe 2 months since the first thread on this? lets see what the progress is.....