7072979975_e821055da7_b_d.jpg

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Last edited:

faraz_fireboy

Jan 15, 2012
Tabriz
I have the same problem, running stock 2.3.6 ROM.
After REBOOT (I have to remove battery for a few seconds) it works perfectly fine...

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

So the 2.3.6 has the same problem.i already heard that someone has even changed the motherboard and the problem is still there. Let's hope that it'll be a rom bug.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

kkshitijj

Apr 13, 2012
call recording in i9100G

last month i bought galaxy s2 i9100g .but i am very disappointed just because of call recording feature. i have tried total call recorder and other apps from play store.i am thinking to buy i9100 9(non g version).please tell me what should i d

marwan91

Mar 17, 2011
I assume that u wanted to ask i9100 n i9100G..roms i9100 cant be use in i9100G..it will brick ur phone..

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

yea i9100 and i9100G my mistake^^ i have i9000 thats why ^^ lol was planning to buy i9100 so wanted to know!! thx for the answer

Flobbes

Apr 13, 2012
My phone froze several times during shooting photos.

I rooted and flashed a custom rom and everything works like expected but today it froze again using the camera.

The symptom is as follows.

The screen freezes and the phone doesn't react any more. It returns to the home screen with some delay. Now I can use it like nothing happend, but when I start an application that uses the camera it freezes again.

Only a reboot was able to solve it.

Don't know if anybody else had a problem like that yet.

Would be glad to find a solution to prevent it or at least kill the misbehaving software.

psychotico

Apr 10, 2012
[Q]Soft Bricked my Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 G

Hi there

I have a problem with my Samsung s2.
I have installed kies nor any other software on my pc to sync my phone to it. i don't even know how kies works...

I was going through the phone and under system i saw the update option...i updated the phone and the firmware too...after about 3-4 installations and reboots the phone got stuck on the start up screen...i tried hard reboot by holding the power+volume up+menu/OK keys - Nothing happened
then i deleted all my files from the sd card but that dint help either. Then i saw a video on youtube about clockworkmod... i followed that and after doing so the phone now goes to start up screen with a yellow triangle. when i try installing the ROM from odin it fails. Since then i got an icon showing that there is an error on the connectivity between the phone and the computer...i ran the clockworkmod again using odin and the phone returned to start up screen with a yellow triangle. The phone only goes to download mode but doesn't go to recovery/clockworkmod anymore (power+volume up+menu/OK buttons).
Another weird thing is that the phone doesn't turn off, as in if i press the power button for about 5 seconds the screen goes off but turn back on again...so if i have to reboot the phone i have to completely remove the battery n put it back in. when connected to the computer i don't see any storage drives on my computer only Odin detects the phone.

Please help me...
Thanks
Abbas

vaporise8t

Mar 24, 2012
Basically what you are describing is a boot loop.. Since odin can detect your phone you can try flashing stock rom, but make sure it's for G only..

If odin fails post the error you are getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychotico

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Thats right, did u succeed?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA
Hi, Need your favor, I just notice one problem on changing the subtext color to others color than grey.

Some of my font will change from blue (the color I set) to grey when I scroll the page, may I know why? Any others file I need to change beside that sub text file?

Appear correctly before scrolling the page:
6928674204_ab34f945bb_d.jpg

Certain font color change back to grey after scrolling:
7074752401_8eab04792d_d.jpg

philippsp

Sep 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Hi, Need your favor, I just notice one problem on changing the subtext color to others color than grey.

Some of my font will change from blue (the color I set) to grey when I scroll the page, may I know why? Any others file I need to change beside that sub text file?

Maybe a Font-Bug?

Try to use another font.

nitinvaid

Which File you have changed????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post all your general Q/A Here Dont spam the thread ;)
    Please Help,
    I have a Bricked I9100g. It is totally dead. it seems that it's called Sleep Cpu Mode.
    Can any Box / JTAG Repair my phone?
    What is the solution?:(

have you flashed any rom??
    Actually if you used the app by Chainfire, it does report our chipset as faulty...but so far none bricked their phones because of this...and since codeworkx already disabled MMC cap erase in his CWM kernel (other devs did the same), so it is perfectly safe to factory reset using those kernels...but it is different for temporary CWM as the source is unknown...better to use permanent CWM...:)
    Sup guys
    Recently purchased galaxy s2 i9100g upgraded to jb n I have rooted it.
    No I just wanted to know which custom rom should I use n noob guide plz :)
    Fast n stable.
    Thanks in advance

xda rocks :p

Hey. It's really a matter of choice which ROM. You decide to go with. I can't tell you which would be the best for you, but I can tell you which ones I like.

First of all there is MIUI v5 android 4.1. It's polished and beautiful. And is based on stock samsung ROM. It's quite good but, in my experience' unfortunately less responsive than android 4.2 ROMs.

Secondly there is Cyanogenmod. it is Rock stable and very fast. Most of the other ROMs are either based on this ROM or at least use a part of it. It has the most number of users globally.

And finally there is PAC (parandroid - AOKP - Cyanogenmod). It's a mash up of all the best ROMs. It's fast and filled with more features than you can figure out in a day.

My opinion, keep things simple for the first time you flash aROM. Go with cyanogenmod. But don't install the new 4.3 ROMs. They are mostly in beta stages right now.

There are a lot more ROMs that i haven't tried. And these three are the ones i like.

Noob guide:
    1. Download the ROM u want.
    2. DOWNLOAD the Gapps (Google Apps)
    Put them into the sd cart of your phone.
    3. Turn your phone off.
    4. Boot into recovery mode.( hold volume up + home button and then power button for some seconds and then release)
    5. Take a back up (optional)
    6. Factory reset
    7 wipe cache
    8 go to advanced - wipe dalvik cache
    9 install zip from sd card - choose zip (it goes into a file system mod where you can see your files and find the zip you want to install)
    10 INstall the ROM
    11 install Gapps
    12 factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik cache
    13 reboot phone

Usually the first booting takes a little bit more time. Wait for it.

Note:
    First, make sure to read the installing instructions for each ROM at the first of the ROM thread. Read as many pages of the thread as you can to find everything you want to know.

P.s: there are hundreds of better guides on line. Next time you need something just simply google it. It's probably already out there. And remember, rom choosing is highly personal. So try the Rom, don't ask questions about it.

Good luck
    how can i open the lcd-menu?

*#0*# for lcd menu ;-)