[Q] Best stock and custom ROM

Search This thread

rammyboy

Nov 30, 2011
I have tried both the Spice Stock and Wellcom Stock. Both stock ROMs are Gingerbread but I don't remember the exact version numbers. The ROM from Spice has the most bloatware and the Blueberry application is a battery hogger. Wellcom was pretty stable and did not give me much problems.

I rooted my phone (to adjust CPU speed and improve battery life) to MIUI (at first) and later to CM7 (from edowar, 31-12-11 release). I am quite happy with CM7 (Don't have a complaint against MIUI, but I prefer the UI of CM7). I have the odd incoming call issue but you can work around that by switching the call to speaker & back to fix.

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for the reply Rammyboy, what do you think of performance between the 2 ROMs.
And Which MIUI did you flash? Others are free to leave their views.

Thanks.

CacingKalung

Nov 2, 2011
Bekasi
Bad news for GB MIUI users... Xiaomi has been 100% focused on delivery of the ICS ROM to newer devices and has put all older devices on a back-burner.

Reactions: yourpappa

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Haha, no I've been using edowars CM7.2, this was mainly for everybody so that they could decide on one.

Thanks

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
LG V20
Somebody who use CM7 bro edowar..
I need help mate :(:( my battery drains fast after I use it daily,
Battery use show "android system" 93%. I just can use my phone full time 3hours screen on

Please someone help me :(

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk 2

pr@x

Feb 11, 2012
Go back to 31-12-11 release of edowar or bumblebee of yashwant and calibrate it.
.35 kernel will not last as much as .32 (for us)

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
Somebody who use CM7 bro edowar..
I need help mate :(:( my battery drains fast after I use it daily,
Battery use show "android system" 93%. I just can use my phone full time 3hours screen on

Please someone help me :(

did you calibrate your battery aka wipe battery stats in recovery?

if not yet, charge to full and ensure its full by plugging out battery when 100 for awhile,put it back in and charge to ensure its full. then boot into recovery and wipe battery stats. shud always be done after flashing a custom rom

Arya_3RDNumber

Feb 26, 2012
LG V20
did you calibrate your battery aka wipe battery stats in recovery?

if not yet, charge to full and ensure its full by plugging out battery when 100 for awhile,put it back in and charge to ensure its full. then boot into recovery and wipe battery stats. shud always be done after flashing a custom rom

Yes absolutly I was do that
But battery usage still reporting "android system 80%+"
My Battery usage list just shows 4things even I use many app(Android system,Cell stand by,display,and phone idle)
Are you facing battery usage like this mate?

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
*Quoting whyzee:*

the word "best" is subjective.

This is my perspective of it:
If you want.
Everything working + stock performance/batterylife > Maclite
performance + good battery life + decent theme support > CM7
awesome customization/looks + decent battery life/performance > MIUI
CM7 features w/o themes + unique UI > lewa ui2.0 30.03 version
CM7 features + better themes and ui + good gaming performance > mokee (my current rom )

there's still an old favorite - andro-id RC2. which was one of the best custom rom before CM7 and MIUI came along....

flash whichever you think you might like or everything and decide for yourself.... have a blast!

*end quote*

Generally that's the overview, but getting down to further details, I'm looking for one that doesnt randomly reboot often, has no incoming call volume issues, no unknown network operators and whatever little bugs that could hinder daily use.

i dont bother about performance esp in gaming, after all, if i really wanted a gaming device i wouldve gotten an s2 or One X. so anyone can suggest what's good?

my only weakness is im a sucker for themes thats why i tend to favour MIUI despite most of the roms still with bugs here and there. also MIUI's toggles and customization are really handy. but, if there is a rom stable enough, i would give this up for it.

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Okay people lets get started about governers and io schedulers.
Whats your favorite?

I use smartassv2 but I havent tried any other governer. I think i appointed sio as my scheduler after reading on the net that its both stable and good performance wise.

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
default: interactive min 245 max 1024 but usually max at 1.5

screen off: smartassv2 min 245 max 468

governor is noop/sio, currrently sio

Reactions: yourpappa

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Hey elol's ICS_CODENAME has been released with working camera. So could people who have used the ROM paste a review about performance, battery etc.

Haree did complain of battery drain, others are free to post their views here.

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Hey elol's ICS_CODENAME has been released with working camera. So could people who have used the ROM paste a review about performance, battery etc.

Haree did complain of battery drain, others are free to post their views here.
hi
one funny thing happen to me after i used ICS codename and felt the battery drain i used SUTL and flash back to Stock rom 18B and i used to have the screen lag but now suddenly dont have it :eek::eek::confused::D

ICS codename is realy great lot of customization and realy enjoyed the rom if it did not have the battery drain i might have kept it as my daily use rom:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How is this ROM guys? feedback anyone?

ROM works perfectly fine and can take neck to neck with sharp Modded, everything works perfectly, If you want to know anything specific then you ask, I'll try to answer.... even WiFi HotSpot works
    Try this ROM - 0001_firmware_Sharp-RU-Lite_(Huawei-mod)_RC1.zip
    install from SUT LR or stock recovey 4xxx base...
    Bump

any suggestions for best stock rom , should i install the Magnum, spice or wellcom version

i m working on spice stock rom to make it blot free and pre rooted soon will upload the same
    I have tried miui 1.11.11, cherry magnum HD(GB 2.3.4), spice (GB 2.3.4) and sharp SH8188U (GB 2.3.4). I find the sharp ROM as the most stable. The visual appeal of miui rom is the best and it is stable as well, the only downside is that it doesn't have HDMI and FM radio supported.

Sent from my SH8188U using XDA
    Andro=ID ROM RC-3 is a good custom ROM to start with. You can flash it from the Sharp ROM which is GB 2.3.5. MIUI 1.11.11 is also one of the better options available. Very snappy performance and stable as well. Low incoming call volume is problem in this ROM which can be solved with a patch available. The miui ROM can be flashed from Cherry Magnum or any other Stock ROM based on Android 2.3.4.