[Q] cm10 16gb help

Search This thread

outridger

May 21, 2012
Ive got a few question about going to cm10. i think im running cm7 but dont have it with me to know exactly what version. I would like to partition the 1gb "other storage" to 8gb or so, and would like to upgrade to cm10.

1. do i need to partition first or upgrade to cm10 first. would think partition since its going to wipe data.
2. does anyone have a video on installing cm10, if not a good walk thru on the install
3. when i rooted last time it didnt like my win7 and had to use a windows xp computer is this still an issue
4. CM10 "Jelly Bean" for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.07.1 Release does this oc to 1.2 and does it have the 5 point touch?

thanks for any help

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ
Ive got a few question about going to cm10. i think im running cm7 but dont have it with me to know exactly what version. I would like to partition the 1gb "other storage" to 8gb or so, and would like to upgrade to cm10.

1. do i need to partition first or upgrade to cm10 first. would think partition since its going to wipe data.

Doesn't matter which you do first.

2. does anyone have a video on installing cm10, if not a good walk thru on the install

There should be videos or step by step walkthroughs in the threads. If you could install CM7, you can install CM10 (you just need to upgrade your existing recovery)

3. when i rooted last time it didnt like my win7 and had to use a windows xp computer is this still an issue

If you're already rooted, you don't need to re-root. Actually, if you have a custom recovery installed (you do if you have CM7 installed) you don't really need to root first at all, as the CM ROM file has all of the root tools built in already.

4. CM10 "Jelly Bean" for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.07.1 Release does this oc to 1.2 and does it have the 5 point touch?

thanks for any help

Not sure if it has the OC, but I'm pretty sure it has the 5 point ability. You still have to upgrade your touch firmware to the 5 touch, though; and doing so will prevent you from going back to stock, or even CM7 (I believe).

Reactions: Solar.Plexus

outridger

May 21, 2012
need more help

so i get to the cyanoboot screen and start fastboot on nook then in my command promt i type the fast boot part in and i get "waiting on device". on my device manager page my nook is coming up as "acclaim". any help would be great so my wife doesn't hurt me;)

outridger

May 21, 2012
new update

ok went with this [ROM] [WIP] CM10 PURE AOSP 4.1.2 JBV02-Hashcode Buildbot Says Hi! i think my problem was my version of cwm was around 5.0 upgraded to 6. something ans installed without a problem. little problems with sd card unmounting and going into deep sleep, side note seems like it downloads slower from playstore not positive on that yet. looks nice though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Doesn't matter which you do first.

There should be videos or step by step walkthroughs in the threads. If you could install CM7, you can install CM10 (you just need to upgrade your existing recovery)

If you're already rooted, you don't need to re-root. Actually, if you have a custom recovery installed (you do if you have CM7 installed) you don't really need to root first at all, as the CM ROM file has all of the root tools built in already.

thanks for any help

Not sure if it has the OC, but I'm pretty sure it has the 5 point ability. You still have to upgrade your touch firmware to the 5 touch, though; and doing so will prevent you from going back to stock, or even CM7 (I believe).