[POLL]How often do you flash a different ROM?

How often do you flash a completely different ROM?

• Stay on same build, never update

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, flash its nightlies regularly

Votes: 70 26.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, just flash its stable builds

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • I flash a different ROM every day

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • I flash a different ROM every week or two

Votes: 87 33.1%
  • I flash a different ROM every month or few months

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • I flash a different ROM every year or so

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

fredryk

May 27, 2012
Curious what everyone else out there does. I flash nightlies on the same rom for a while, but I only stick to that rom for a couple months. So I guess a hybrid(you can pick multiple choices)

jpinsl

May 1, 2008
I wait after a major update to Android until a stable ROM appears, so maybe every 3-4 months.

Reactions: erirlar

Joplisan

Jul 11, 2012
I was quite a big flashaholic for some time. But the thing was that I, while being on a different ROM, forgot how fast and smooth stock actually is. When you're using a different ROM, placebo effect takes care of the rest. Suddenly, 1 day of battery with 3h of screen time seems amazing, while in reality, stock can do just as well. And since I don't miss any of customization, I'm good. So, to answer your question, I'll stay with stock till I buy a new phone. No more custom ROMs, no more flashing. And I Iove it. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

HeCareth

Jul 11, 2011
Southern California
I used to go from one ROM to another but finally just settled on CyanogenMod. Now I must admit I dirty flash all the time, I ,mean I flashed Cm10.1 over a stock ROM with no issues it ran perfectly. I haven't used Titanium Backup in a while. In addition I use CyanDelta to flash nightlies so I don't really have to worry about reinstalling apps.

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Miui updates weekly... so usually every week so long as the build proves to be bug free.

On my sgs2 I flashed different ROMs every month, but on the gnex all I've been using is miui (stock android is boring to me, plus I like all the new features).

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
Iam a flashaholic to the core.
I try out each rom's each version :) :)
the max. time i stayed with a rom was 5 days , cant remember which one maybe cna or bamf.

Reactions: z.coniglietti

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Anymore I only use stock and rasbean. I used rasbean till 4.2 came out, used stock unrooted 4.2 til about a week ago and am now back on rasbean for the minor added features.
I agree with the poster that stated stock gets just as good battery and just as smooth as custom though. I simply flash for fun and the additional features.

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
I think I'll keep with stock 'till warranty passes like 1 year or something... BTW I'm getting the phone tomorrow :D

Joplisan

Jul 11, 2012
For those staying with stock... Don't you flash your kernel also?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I find stock kernel the fastest and most reliable. Sure, I could get better battery life with custom kernel, but since I mostly charge my phone overnight, 10 hours of battery doesn't make much of a difference. And stock just works. You don't have to worry about SODs or reboots or anything. Perfect for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using my thumbs

chickenfeeder

Jan 10, 2011
For those staying with stock... Don't you flash your kernel also?

For most of my time with the GNex I have been on stock but with a custom kernel, though the stock kernel does work really well I got used to the extra things like headphone volume boost, colours/contrast, fast USB charge, etc. If anything I favour those features over battery life, though to be honest I have never experienced bad battery life no matter what ROM or kernel I've tried.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

crixley

May 25, 2012
I was a major flashaholic until I found xblack, since then I haven't flashed anything else, so been like a month. I'm trying to live a life that doesnt consist of messing with my hone daily. I found something super stable that works great, so I've stuck with it. Only thing I've flashed since is the latest zen kernel

str8killinya

Sep 15, 2010
West Chester,Ohio
I'm battling a flashahlics addiction and the bad news is I can't afford to get cured at Passages Malibu :( but I flash a new one like every 2 weeks since I stopped flashing every single daily

Sent From My Maguro With Cm10.1 & Franco Kernel

wlemammoth

Apr 25, 2011
I've been flashing EOS nightlies as they are released, I was flashing francos kernel too but I'm using stock at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titanium back up pro. Push one button, restore all apps and data in minutes. Just don't do system apps and you'll be fine

I wait after a major update to Android until a stable ROM appears, so maybe every 3-4 months.
    Iam a flashaholic to the core.
    I try out each rom's each version :) :)
    the max. time i stayed with a rom was 5 days , cant remember which one maybe cna or bamf.
    Way to often, I should get a second phone :)

The most i go is about a week. On day 6 now and i am starting to get "the itch"