TAR files to flash MF3 via ODIN

Search This thread

Shockndrop

Oct 28, 2013
I had another thread for this, but I figured it would be good to repost it since I didn't know what I had stumbled upon at first.

For all of those who have soft bricked their phones, I present to you to the MF3 TAR files to flash it back to stock via ODIN.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB46731_AwM7P83eMdDlmFYd1hUZfFBcQAZjc1X7wAE

And for those that aren't sure as to where to put the files when flashing via ODIN, while it should be obvious, I have attached a picture that @xrandallx posted to help those that need it.

mf3_files_in_odin.PNG
I[/IMG]

Last edited:

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida
The Mega site isnt working, the download keeps on stopping randomly.

It's known issue with MEGA, it works best if your using Firefox or Chrome. If the download keeps freezing keep reloading it will eventually work...

Once somebody can grab the files I suggest they be uploaded to several locations, and perhaps a torrent file.

---Edit---
Maybe a mod can edit the title to include something like [Release]? As is stands now people might miss the thread by thinking it's a question being asked.

Last edited:
Reactions: XCnathan32

FrozenDragoon

Oct 13, 2013
I had another thread for this, but I figured it would be good to repost it since I didn't know what I had stumbled upon at first.

For all of those who have soft bricked their phones, I present to you to the MF3 TAR files to flash it back to stock via ODIN.

https://mega.co.nz/#!WEEzSA7Z!aB46731_AwM7P83eMdDlmFYd1hUZfFBcQAZjc1X7wAE

And for those that aren't sure as to where to put the files when flashing via ODIN, while it should be obvious, I have attached a picture that @xrandallx posted to help those that need it.

mf3_files_in_odin.PNG
I[/IMG]

AWESOME, simply fantastic! It seems that the picture has been moved, however. Any chance we can get a re-up?

EDIT: The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?

Last edited:

xrandallx

Sep 17, 2013
Lubbock
attached is the picture
AWESOME, simply fantastic! It seems that the picture has been moved, however. Any chance we can get a re-up?

EDIT: The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

The files are pretty self explanatory. Platform in PDA, modem in Phone, csc in csc, bootloader in bootloader. Only have auto-reboot checked. Ignore the dll file.

Edit, even better ^^^, haha posted while I was typing :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: kirbee213

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida
The only reason I'm asking is because I have been on MF3 since I purchased my phone. I assume, that if anything happens, I can use the existing guides for MDL, and just replace the files with MF3, right...?

No, if you on MF3 and attempt to load any firmware below it such as MDL you'll end up with a brick (which this will fix, grant it). This has more use for people brick their MF3 devices using MF3-based firmwares.

Don't mind me, I misread your post... - Thanks for clearing that up @jd1639.

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
No, if you on MF3 and attempt to load any firmware below it such as MDL you'll end up with a brick (which this will fix, grant it). This has more use for people brick their MF3 devices using MF3-based firmwares.

You won't end up with a brick and the Odin guide for mdl firmware will work just fine. It's a guide. If you don't know what you're talking about don't post

deadenz

Sep 20, 2008
Hartly, DE
worked perfectly. trading this phone for an lg. I'm on windows 8.1 pro 64bit and used odin v1.85

Attachments

• odin2.png
    odin2.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 2,588
Reactions: haremmon

steven2k7

Oct 23, 2013
This worked great for me as well. The only issue I have is when I first boot up my phone, it hangs in the middle of the AT&T logo until I pull the battery then it boots fine. That only happened in the first boot after odin and first boot after doing a factory restore.

Deamonicone

Aug 18, 2013
recovery

so, with this MF3 image, are we that much closer to a custom CWM or TWRP for i337 MF3s?

wasting away in safestrap land :p

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida
so, with this MF3 image, are we that much closer to a custom CWM or TWRP for i337 MF3s?

wasting away in safestrap land :p

Hate to burst your bubble, but this doesn't seem like the case. Although we have access to the TAR files now the fact is the MF3 bootloader remains locked. Unless we can convince AT&T or Samsung to hand over the keys it's going to be a long wait (if ever) before we find a means to circumvent it's encryption.

kyrumo71

Mar 10, 2008
Can someone please re upload this, MEGA keeps stopping in middle of downloading.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Can someone please re upload this, MEGA keeps stopping in middle of downloading.

I will try uploading it to dev-host and then let Shockndrop add it to his OP if he wants. It may take a long time to upload as I an being throttled on my data right now and my WiFi is not much better. Plus I couldn't get dev-host to upload yesterday. Will let everyone know once it is uploaded.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

FrozenDragoon

Oct 13, 2013
To everyone using Mega, I thought it was crapping out in the middle too, until I realize that Chrome wanted to ask permission to download large files. After I allowed that permission, everything works fine.

f0b

Nov 1, 2013
Works perfectly! Thanks a lot! Had been waiting for this from long time! :good:

Top Liked Posts