[Q] Help recovering system files

Search This thread

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
Dear all

Please help

I have accidentally deleted the whole content of /system/bin and /system/app of my android tablet running 4.3

I don't have a back up so can someone please post the contents of these two directories for android 4.3 so I can push them using ADB

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Dear all

Please help

I have accidentally deleted the whole content of /system/bin and /system/app of my android tablet running 4.3

I don't have a back up so can someone please post the contents of these two directories for android 4.3 so I can push them using ADB

These kinds of files are typically very specific to your tablet, and not just a general Android 4.3 kind of thing. Please let us know what kind of tablet and model # so we can attempt to help.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I didn't have any luck finding the original firmware for it. Doesn't mean it's not out there, just that there are so many different generic Allwinner tablets and other things called N8000, that it's like looking for a car in the parking lot and all you know about it is that it is red and has 4 doors. It's also important to know other info about the board to make sure the files you get will not affect stuff like the touchscreen and camera modules.

You're certain it has 4.3? I couldn't find any Allwinner a13 tablets that have 4.3 besides with custom roms like CM10.2...

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
I didn't have any luck finding the original firmware for it. Doesn't mean it's not out there, just that there are so many different generic Allwinner tablets and other things called N8000, that it's like looking for a car in the parking lot and all you know about it is that it is red and has 4 doors. It's also important to know other info about the board to make sure the files you get will not affect stuff like the touchscreen and camera modules.

You're certain it has 4.3? I couldn't find any Allwinner a13 tablets that have 4.3 besides with custom roms like CM10.2...

I am sure it is 4.3

It is a 9 inch tablet with a strange 800x450 dp screen

Can I use filed from another a13 rom that has 4.3 ?

I really appreciate you help :)

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I am sure it is 4.3

It is a 9 inch tablet with a strange 800x450 dp screen

Can I use filed from another a13 rom that has 4.3 ?

I really appreciate you help :)

Often times that will work if it has the same chip and resolution, but possible that other stuff might break. Unfortunately there usually isn't a way to tell unless someone specifically states they have had success with X firmware on Y tablet. You might find something here : http://tabletrom.blogspot.com/search/label/Allwinner

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
Often times that will work if it has the same chip and resolution, but possible that other stuff might break. Unfortunately there usually isn't a way to tell unless someone specifically states they have had success with X firmware on Y tablet. You might find something here :

I need the files inside /system/bin but not all the system partition as the other parts are safe, I think these files are almost related to the type of the processor since it is just the executables of the OS such as the shell or other bins, so why are those files device dependent I can't get it

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I need the files inside /system/bin but not all the system partition as the other parts are safe, I think these files are almost related to the type of the processor since it is just the executables of the OS such as the shell or other bins, so why are those files device dependent I can't get it

Different systems can have different executables. My system/bin surely looks different than yours. Plus you said you are missing /system/app folder files which are very often device specific for the more important ones like phone, messaging, etc.

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
Different systems can have different executables. My system/bin surely looks different than yours. Plus you said you are missing /system/app folder files which are very often device specific for the more important ones like phone, messaging, etc.

My device is nuclear_ococci-eng 4.3 jdq39 and the model is N8000 can you just please guide me to find the best firmware anyway?

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
You're welcome. I learned a few things along the way, so no big deal. Good luck and let us know how it goes in case someone else in your situation stumbles across the thread.

After trying to flash the image using livesuit it is failing :(

It says upgrade failed 0x163 with strange letters after it, now the device is completely dead, I don,t know if the battery can be charged when there is no firmware

Any suggestions please

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Sorry man. Guess it isn't the right one. The thread described your tablet perfectly so not really sure what's up. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Could be the wrong version of the program, or wrong rom.

Do you have any other firmware folders that are old? If so, you should delete.
Did you have any problems extracting it - any errors?
Did you have over 50% battery before starting?

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
Sorry man. Guess it isn't the right one. The thread described your tablet perfectly so not really sure what's up. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Could be the wrong version of the program, or wrong rom.

Do you have any other firmware folders that are old? If so, you should delete.
Did you have any problems extracting it - any errors?
Did you have over 50% battery before starting?

I don't know if it a battery thing as I didn't check the battery nor I can know if it can be charged if there is no firmware

Anyway can you please point me to the original post so that they may mentioned somthing else

Thank you

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Start of the original thread about random off brand Chinese tablets here:

http://ublaze.ru/forum/topic1232.html

Post with the beginning of the search for the firmware of a tablet that shares the same specs as yours here:

http://ublaze.ru/forum/topic1232-1180.html#wrapper

Mostly follow the interactions with Lirik after that and that's where I got the info from.

Maybe if you or someone you know speaks Russian, would probably make it a bit easier to understand. Google Translate has a tough time translating languages with different alphabets.

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
Start of the original thread about random off brand Chinese tablets here:

http://ublaze.ru/forum/topic1232.html

Post with the beginning of the search for the firmware of a tablet that shares the same specs as yours here:

http://ublaze.ru/forum/topic1232-1180.html#wrapper

Mostly follow the interactions with Lirik after that and that's where I got the info from.

Maybe if you or someone you know speaks Russian, would probably make it a bit easier to understand. Google Translate has a tough time translating languages with different alphabets.

Thank you for the links

I have found this firmware and it may work for me

https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=VjdP1S5yElCe3q4SUVldDVqpPoK9wj3YMzoWy5TIcfs=

But I can not download the file do you know some other source?

ammcom

Jan 9, 2009
I'd try to reach out to the moderator there that goes by Blaze. Seems like he would be the go to guy for these things.

I have found another link so I downloaded the firmware and flashed it, the tablet is back to life but it is android 4.0.4 , anyway it is working well, the camera is working well, the touchscreen is reversed and shifted but I solved it by editing script.bin

Any way I have contacted the provider of the tablet and he promised to provide the original firmware, I am going to upload it as I get it so maybe someone else may need it

The last tip is never mess up with your device unless you have a nandroid backup :)