[Q&A][4.4.2 KitKat][GT-N5110/5100]CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 ROM

Search This thread

faceN

Jul 5, 2010
Zagreb
CCallahan Thanks a lot for your reply but unfortunately when i try with your suggestion I still get the same error. I downloaded the bootloader from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14961 and flashed with Odin 3.10, 3.09, 3.07, 3.04 at both Bootloader and PDA but i still get the same error. Thanks for your help. Could the fact that the original firmware was for China be a problem?

Thanks
Seems to me that you are loading the bootloader image to the wrong slot in Odin. Should go to the BL slot, l think.

Reactions: nanakadjei

faceN

Jul 5, 2010
Zagreb
CCallahan Thanks a lot for your reply but unfortunately when i try with your suggestion I still get the same error. I downloaded the bootloader from https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14961 and flashed with Odin 3.10, 3.09, 3.07, 3.04 at both Bootloader and PDA but i still get the same error. Thanks for your help. Could the fact that the original firmware was for China be a problem?

Thanks
Seems to me that you've been loading the bootloader image to the wrong slot in Odin. Should go to the BL slot, l think.

Reactions: nanakadjei

nanakadjei

Feb 28, 2010

llblwskydrgn

Aug 9, 2010
Is there a method to flash new bootloader in custom recovery if we're on build nf1 build? Or can we only flash the tar file via Odin?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

andrew!

Sep 23, 2013
After flashing the new rom, recharging the device become very slow and a full charge takes 6 hours . Is there any way to fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Sorry, I don't quite understand the instruction of the new rom. Does it mean I need to update the boot loader before flashing the rom?

"You can run this rom on JB bootloader but you will have to install a older kernel from this thread to have full wifi working. but I will not support it
First time you install KitKat rom follow the instructions. After that there is no way back to JellyBean BOOTLOADER and your warranty is void as the KNOX is tripped in bootloader. You can still install JellyBean Rom compaired with JB kernel on the new bootloader
Download the rom from this thread for your device and place it on your Note8.0
Install the latest PhilzTouch recovery for your device (I'm running philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
Full WIPE if you install this rom for the first time.
Install the rom and reboot"

Last edited:

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
After flashing the new rom, recharging the device become very slow and a full charge takes 6 hours . Is there any way to fix the problem?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Sorry, I don't quite understand the instruction of the new rom. Does it mean I need to update the boot loader before flashing the rom?

"You can run this rom on JB bootloader but you will have to install a older kernel from this thread to have full wifi working. but I will not support it
First time you install KitKat rom follow the instructions. After that there is no way back to JellyBean BOOTLOADER and your warranty is void as the KNOX is tripped in bootloader. You can still install JellyBean Rom compaired with JB kernel on the new bootloader
Download the rom from this thread for your device and place it on your Note8.0
Install the latest PhilzTouch recovery for your device (I'm running philz_touch_6.41.6-n5110).
Full WIPE if you install this rom for the first time.
Install the rom and reboot"

You can stay on the JB bootloader with the new rom but will have to flash the old kernel in order for Wifi to work. If you update to the KK bootloader than don't have to flash a kernel for full functionality.

As for issues with the rom, civato is preparing to release a new version which should fix a list of issues users are having.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: andrew! and faceN

andrew!

Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for your reply. But is the slow charging is a known issue so that it will be fixed?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Thanks for your reply. But is the slow charging is a known issue so that it will be fixed?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

I have not seen any reports from anyone else having that issue. However, there are things within the kernel that seem to be causing different issues for different users so it may be just a side effect of that.

As always, make sure before flashing you are using the recommended recovery, doing a full wipe, and being cautious of when to restore system/app data from previous roms or builds. In other words, don't cut corners.

Reactions: andrew!

khaled nabil

Feb 19, 2015
i have the same problem

I have n5110 8.0 rooted, I have tried several times to flash flexnote 8.0, but every time I do it sticks on the splash boot screen. Every time I try this it just sits there, I have tried 2 versions one was civatos flexnote 8.0 with aroma I've tried with and without spherekat rev. 3.8 gt-n5110 kernel. The other was just a flashable ROM ###U2CNE2 deodexed stock rooted, I have also tried this with/without rev. 3.8 gt-n5110 kernel. Yes I have latest philz cwm. Both ways I get stuck at the boot splash screen. However I am able to flash the XXCMH3 that I was using before without issue, I can also restore old backups without issue. I've tried searching the net, but came up empty as it appears I am the only person in the world with this issue, can any help? Does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it? If I'm having this issue while trying to flash on my device via latest philz cwm, would I get the same issue with odin?
i have the same problem
have u managed to solve it ??

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
I have n5110 8.0 rooted, I have tried several times to flash flexnote 8.0, but every time I do it sticks on the splash boot screen. Every time I try this it just sits there, I have tried 2 versions one was civatos flexnote 8.0 with aroma I've tried with and without spherekat rev. 3.8 gt-n5110 kernel. The other was just a flashable ROM ###U2CNE2 deodexed stock rooted, I have also tried this with/without rev. 3.8 gt-n5110 kernel. Yes I have latest philz cwm. Both ways I get stuck at the boot splash screen. However I am able to flash the XXCMH3 that I was using before without issue, I can also restore old backups without issue. I've tried searching the net, but came up empty as it appears I am the only person in the world with this issue, can any help? Does anyone know what is wrong or how to fix it? If I'm having this issue while trying to flash on my device via latest philz cwm, would I get the same issue with odin?

i have the same problem
have u managed to solve it ??

What is the process being used to wipe before flashing the rom? What recovery/version? Be specific.

When moving from different type of roms, especially AOSP to TW or vice versa, best to always wipe internal SD and format data. Do full wipes multiple times in recovery. Sometimes data can be left behind that can cause boot issues.

Last edited:

fubofo

Mar 28, 2007
Belfast
www.kaipee.co.uk
Need help returning to stock

Hey guys, I have a friend's Note 8 which seems to have this ROM and TWRP installed.

He wants it back to stock but I keep getting errors everytime I try to flash the stock N5110XXDNE1_N5110OXADNE1_BTU ROM using Odin 3.07.

0s4FXvA.png

On the device (in Download Mode), after each flash attempt, it displays SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE:2, BINARY:1
Any advice on how to fix this?

cgHamidreza

Aug 27, 2014
Shiraz
hi
i install this rom and install Tab 4 8.0 inch - 4.4.4 Touchwiz Launcher for Note 8
but at incoming call , the section of answering call (swipe red or green sphere to left or right) appear like below picture :

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

every time i drag and drop the screen to the left fo see who is calling!

how to change the incoming call screen to show full screen(like earlier android)???

or how to set to show the incoming call screen in center of screen ?????

help me for this bug

Edit:
Can i fix this bug if i copy the Root/system/prev-app/SecPhone.apk from 4.4.2 Original Rom to my note8(this path) ????

Last edited:

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
hi
i install this rom and install Tab 4 8.0 inch - 4.4.4 Touchwiz Launcher for Note 8
but at incoming call , the section of answering call (swipe red or green sphere to left or right) appear like below picture :

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

every time i drag and drop the screen to the left fo see who is calling!

how to change the incoming call screen to show full screen(like earlier android)???

or how to set to show the incoming call screen in center of screen ?????

help me for this bug

Edit:
Can i fix this bug if i copy the Root/system/prev-app/SecPhone.apk from 4.4.2 Original Rom to my note8(this path) ????

First,
are you experiencing the same with stock touchwiz launcher? if yes, then this is has nothing to with my port Tab 4 8.0 inch - 4.4.4 Touchwiz Launcher.
Second,
If stock launcher works OK, then you may need to try different SecPhone.apk, I would recommend you to find Tab 4 8.0 4.4.4 (LTE) ROM (based on stock) and copy SecPhone.apk back to your device, and try.
it is all about finding correct SecPhone.apk that will fix your issue...

Reactions: cgHamidreza

cgHamidreza

Aug 27, 2014
Shiraz
First,
are you experiencing the same with stock touchwiz launcher? if yes, then this is has nothing to with my port Tab 4 8.0 inch - 4.4.4 Touchwiz Launcher.
Second,
If stock launcher works OK, then you may need to try different SecPhone.apk, I would recommend you to find Tab 4 8.0 4.4.4 (LTE) ROM (based on stock) and copy SecPhone.apk back to your device, and try.

thanks mr jazzespresso :highfive:
i installed the touchwiz on my original Rom 4.4.2 but when the android is loaded touchwiz has stoped!!
then i install Civez Flexnote on my note and copy your touchwiz 4.4.4 Ported and it's OK ! But have a bug(Previous post)
today i replace your tab 4-4.4.4 with tab 4-4.4.2 but it's not OK ! :(
then replace your tab 4-4.4.2 with Original FlexNote touchwiz and it's not OK ! :(
So this issue is not for Your Ported touchwiz :good:
Ok i try with tab 4(secphone.apk)Original rom...
thank you very much.

cgHamidreza

Aug 27, 2014
Shiraz
First,
Second,

Mr jazzespresso There are no 4.4.4 firmware for Tab 4 8.0 . i found Only stock 4.4.2
and replace the 4.4.2 odex Secphone.apk to my tablet BUT Not work! :crying:
i try with deodex File But not Work :crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this thread to discuss [ROM][4.4.2 KitKat][GT-N5110/5100]CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0.

PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS WITHIN THE DEVELOPMENT THREAD

If you're looking for the ROM and ROM files, the link is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759863
    that is true about SmartClipService. I am on rev 1.6 and flashed Air Command. Forced close for me.
    I know , will be solved. You will have to make a choice, or you use the normal set-up and can use the normal scrapbook or you use the Aircommand and use its scrapbook feature. The Smartclip error won't appear.
    I just got the 5110 a week ago and updated to the official 4.4.2, and now framerate sucks on some 3D games that was completely fine before. Do you think a custom rom will fix it, or could it be the updated bootloader slowing it down? I want custom either way for s-pen drawing accuracy but I'm wondering if I should try and get the tablet replaced under warranty first to get back to 4.2 bootloader.

I haven't had an android device since froyo and I was hoping to not bother with rooting etc. this time around but I guess I have no choice! I was looking at the instructions for this rom and it starts with installing Philz. How do you install a tar? Odin? I guess the first unlisted step is to be rooted before installing Philz? Are there any more unlisted steps if you're on un-rooted stock firmware?

Thanks

EDIT figured it out after some trial and error. For any other super-noobs here is the path you can take from un-rooted stock 4.4.2:

Download to your PC: CF-Autoroot, Philz Recovery, Odin 3.09

Download Civ's ROM zip and put on your SD card.

1. Boot into Download mode. Root with CF-Autoroot using Odin PC tool. Restart.
    2. I needed to update SuperSU in the app store to fix a "SuperSU has stopped working" popup, then used SuperSU to disable KNOX
    3. Boot into Download mode again. Install Philz Recovery with Odin in the same manner. Restart.
    4. Boot into Recovery mode. Back up system. Wipe system to install new ROM. Then install the ROM from the zip.

I believe that is all the major steps I had to take. So far it's working with no issues and the S-Pen is a good bit more accurate across the screen.
    Hi all, I'm planning to flash the Rom as soon as possible. I've a question about s note files: is the stock app coming with the Rom compatible with 4.2.2 notes or is it the new Note 3 one? I wish to keep the compatibility with old format because of syncing with my Note 2. And what about S5 Note app? Which one should I choose? Thanks

Sent from Galaxy Note 8.0 GT–N5100

I believe this to be true of the latest rom version.....

It comes default with the older SNote. If you want the newer you just choose S5 SNote in Aroma. As far as I know you can still sync files between the older version and newer version. However you cannot edit an SNote document in the old version that was created in the new version. You should be able to bring your old SNote documents into the new one though and edit. I believe it will up convert but not down convert the files.

This is just what I have read and have not tried it myself. As an option you can flash the new SNote and run it alongside the old SNote just to compare/test them if you want: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2454924
    Hi everyone, I can not find the snote app. already tried to reflash the rom and ticked the snote but still not showing.

any idea? full wipe is done coming from civz 4.2.2 rom

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk
    already answered, don't tick the snote option in aroma.

I can't seem to get my N5110 recognized by Odin anymore. I was on CivZ rom v1.5 and it wasn't recognizing it so I tried flashing the newer v1.6 rom but still no luck. The device is recognized when it's not in download mode, but when I boot to download it no longer shows up in Odin. I tried Odin 3.09 as well as 3.07. I tried running Odin as Admin, uninstalling Samsung USB drivers, re-installing them, using Kies 3, unticking USB debugging mode on my tablet, etc. Nothing seems to work.

I have never had an issue with Odin before, and I last used it when I updated the bootloader to move to from 4.2.2 to CivZ first Kitkat rom for the N5110. All I'm trying to do now is get Odin to recognize my Note in download mode again, so that I can flash the NF1 bootloader update. Anyone else having trouble with Odin in download mode? Can anyone help me fix this?
    Uninstall all samsung drivers and connect the device while in download mode, now it should search to install the new driver.