[ROM] (4/26/12) Magnolia X 1.0 |1.28.707.10|Stable, Simple, Smooth|

Search This thread

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
flashed and all seems to be fine........only thing was on first boot, wi-fi was kinda weird. Had that issue where it would connect, then show it was poor signal and disconnect, and reconnect and continue in that loop. Reboot and now it works fine again.

Sadly, still have some screen flickering on light grey colors. Might be one of the only SH23 batch that has the issue -.-

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
decided to do a fresh way and go stock then OTA

I'm guessing I flashed the correct firmware because I flashed the asian edeavor RUU firmware package 1.26 and it worked. Then I got an OTA message and updated to 1.28.707.10

If I flashed the wrong firmware, what would happen? bootloop?

Only because idk where this came from originally besides the batch number being SH23. Got it in a craigslist trade.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
flashed and all seems to be fine........only thing was on first boot, wi-fi was kinda weird. Had that issue where it would connect, then show it was poor signal and disconnect, and reconnect and continue in that loop. Reboot and now it works fine again.

Sadly, still have some screen flickering on light grey colors. Might be one of the only SH23 batch that has the issue -.-

Is there any way I could see that, maybe short video or something? I'd like to help, but I am not sure I can envision what's going on.

Steve

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
decided to do a fresh way and go stock then OTA

I'm guessing I flashed the correct firmware because I flashed the asian edeavor RUU firmware package 1.26 and it worked. Then I got an OTA message and updated to 1.28.707.10

If I flashed the wrong firmware, what would happen? bootloop?

Only because idk where this came from originally besides the batch number being SH23. Got it in a craigslist trade.

You wouldnt have been able to flash the ruu, at least I couldnt, and the ota wouldn't have shown up.

About the gray, it may be a screen defect. Again, I'd like to see it.

Steve

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
You wouldnt have been able to flash the ruu, at least I couldnt, and the ota wouldn't have shown up.

About the gray, it may be a screen defect. Again, I'd like to see it.

Steve

Yea np, i'll try to get a video of it. I know i'm not the only user with this problem, theres a huge thread in the general forum. It's like a strobe light effect, but it only effects light grey colors. It's kinda weird really, like why doesn't it act up with other colors? black? dark grey? only light grey.

Hoping it can be fixed thru software, ASUS Prime has a similar issue with Tegra 3 and screen stuff.

It doesn't show up for lower brightness though, only around medium and above.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Yea np, i'll try to get a video of it. I know i'm not the only user with this problem, theres a huge thread in the general forum. It's like a strobe light effect, but it only effects light grey colors. It's kinda weird really, like why doesn't it act up with other colors? black? dark grey? only light grey.

Hoping it can be fixed thru software, ASUS Prime has a similar issue with Tegra 3 and screen stuff.

It doesn't show up for lower brightness though, only around medium and above.

Very interesting. I had to return my first One X for a screen flaw, but it was the glass itself. I am going to check out the thread you mentioned. I assume the transformer prime issue was fixed?

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Very interesting. I had to return my first One X for a screen flaw, but it was the glass itself. I am going to check out the thread you mentioned. I assume the transformer prime issue was fixed?

I believe it was eventually fixed after numerous updates.

I tried taking a video of it, no help you can't see it.

It's basically with a light grey background like the battery graph, some parts of the grey look like they are flickering a bit. Similar to a strobe light. It's noticeable but nothing killer to the point where you can't even look at the screen anymore. It gets more drastic with max brightness though.

I think the most reasonable reason right now is bad gfx drivers/tegra problem.

Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
I stay comfort with 1.28 EU but arrange time to taste 1.28 ASIA soon.

However link die

Mediafire for ROM please.

I pulled the links because a user pointed out that I accidentally had a paid app in data (XDA Premium). I immediately pulled the links to fix the issue and put the free one in (which is what I meant to put in there in the first place, obviously...:)). They are back up now, with the free version in data.

Steve

kahei036

Oct 9, 2010
Request: is it possible to include %batt on status bar and retain the half transparent bg of notification?

H377

Apr 18, 2010
Could you please add new mirror(s). I can only download from FileFactory and 3 hours left. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magnolia X 1.0 Initial Release (4/26/2012)

I have paused development of this ROm while I work on my own tweaks app, a skin and CM style notification toggle. I will be back up in a week or so. Please feel fre to try the ROM, below, but just be aware it is pretty bare-bones right now. It is still very smooth, snappy and stable, however.

This is the initial release of my One X ROM. My focus is on stable, smooth and simple ROMs - the kind I use myself on a daily basis. If you like flashy, super tweaked ROMs, this may not be for you. This is just an initial base ROM that I will be building from, as I get more into the device and possibilities for modding. There is MUCH more to come, including CM-Style Notification Toggles (j4n87 beat me to quick settings...:)) and my full matte Rosie theme, which HTC seems to have partially taken for sense 4.0...;) (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16944397&postcount=1)

If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button...:)!

ja4c7u

FEATURES
    • Based on Latest OTA update for Asia WWE 1.28.707.10;
    • Unsecured stock kernel with edits for init.d, nano text editing, etc;
    • Tegra3 power mngmt fixed and full GPU rendering, courtesy of the great mike1986;
    • All bloatware and extraneous images, etc. removed;
    • My own blend of init.d scripts (combined into one script) for stable and smooth performance;
    • Semi-transparent notifications bar (app drawer to come once m10 tools done);
    • Recent apps key remapped to settings, long press home key for recent apps (this does NOT have the volume key media mod, as I can't stand it);
    • Simple extended power menu mod, just has the additional reboot functions (NOT part of a tweaks program);
    • All widgets & app shortcuts, except the weather clock, removed from home screens on first boot so you don't have to waste time removing them...
    • PNGs in main graphics apks (com.htc.resources, framework-res, Rosie, etc.) optimized;
    • More I can't remember...

Known Issues
    • After first boot graphics on notifications bar gimped, this goes away after another reboot;
    • All gapps may not be perfectly up-to-date...;);

Installation Instructions

• MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
    • It is best, but not absolutely necessary, to have the latest 1.28.707.10 firmware on your device. If you already have the latest firmware, ignore the following. If you don't, do this:
      - re-lock your bootloader (reboot to fastboot and type "fastboot oem lock" in terminal/command prompt),
      - flash the 1.26.707.2 RUU (here),
      - install the OTA update when you are prompted to,
      - unlock bootloader at htcdev.com,
      - flash CWM recovery (see this forum for the thread), and you are set to go...
    • Flash the boot.img linked to below by placing the "boot.img" in the same folder as your fastboot file, booting into fastboot and then typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (in OS X, you can place the boot.img in your home folder);
    • No need to wipe anything as flashing this ROM will wipe everything for you, including data --- I REPEAT, FLASHING THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR DATA!!! This will NOT happen in future versions (although I always suggest a full wipe before flashing);
    • Flash the ROM in CWM recovery;
    • Let things settle down, sync, etc.;
    • Enjoy, and post feedback, suggestions in the thread....

Downloads

boot.img (FLASH FIRST!!)

Mirror 1 (Goo-IM): http://tinyw.in/HwgY
    Mirror 2 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6d4n0tsqnkk5t1o

MD5: f0c09cc279256ddf591d75c1f3e0aa80

ROM

Mirror 1 (Dev-Host): http://d-h.st/5BI
    Mirror 2 (FileFactory):http://www.filefactory.com/file/xc5oxx6vsa1/n/Magnolia_X_1_0.zip
    Mirror 3 (Dropbox): http://bit.ly/Ic6i6o

MD5: 3669bf4c13795b4868b57a4d34aa44d9

Thanks & Credits
    • Mike1986 for spotting the tegra3 power screw up and for the full GPU mod;
    • j4n87, |||bored|||, Chingy and blubbers for the code that I based my key remaps and power menu tweaks off of (coded them myself, but these were the models);
    • Goo Inside Me for hosting my ROMs for free;
    • XDA and all its devs for being awesome;
    • If I missed anyone else, it was UNINTENTIONAL, and a PM will see things set straight!

WARNING

While I have tested this ROM extensively, I cannot guarantee that it is free from bugs and/or will not harm your device. Accordingly, YOU FLASH THE ROM LINKED TO IN THIS POST AT YOU OWN RISK. I cannot and will not be held responsible in any way for anything that may happen to you, your device or others as a direct or indirect result of flashing the ROM linked to in this post.
    Delay

Hey all, sorry that I have not been working on this (although noone seems to be able to download, anyway). I sold my One X to get the AT&T version, but I am also getting another international version due to a long story that ends with me getting lucky. ANYWAY, I have been porting in the CM "Notification Toggles" based on a port I did for the HTC thunderbolt last year (think they are done, but no phone to test on...), as I prefer these to quick settings, and am working with the recently released Virtuous 10 tools to see what I can do with the m10 files to theme Rosie (not sure what's up there). In addition, I am working on my own tweaks app based on Romanbb's app that I had ported into my sense 3.5 ROMs for Verizon HTC devices. I don't want to just use someone else's version, and I like the way mine worked, so I will be doing that.

In any event, I should be back up with a Much improved ROM in terms of features and performance in a week or so...

See you then

Steve
    New Mirror

Oh, and I am putting up a new, Dev-Host mirror right now, it's uploadfing, just in case anyone wants to try the ROM (yes, I know it's not as flashy as those from the heavy hitters, but its smooth as hell (esp. on the Asian Firmwares) and very stable.

Steve
    My heart dropped for a moment there... Temporarily living in Singapore for work, I would prefer to use the Asian firmware since I bought the phone here. It seems to be more reliable too. I also like knowing when I move back to the US it will have been tested working well on AT&T.

I have yet to dabble into full ROM building and making mods with the whole odexed business kinda scares me. I dipped my toes into some theming and basic mods on the Arc-S & GNex but don't recall odexed files on either. So, I'm glad there is still hope for your work here.

P.S. other current & abandoned tweaks/mods for Euro Roms seem to work OK with yours. Be sure to clear the cache & be patient on boots and initial Rosie loads though!

Definitely. I just need to "catch up" with what the other devs are putting out, and I want to do all the work myself in my way. That will take some time, but it will be worth it. I have a style, understated and easy to use, that I want to keep, but there are so many amazing possibilities, I want those I feel are valuable to be available, too.

Singapore rocks, BTW. Lived extensively in Asia, and always loved going there. They speak Mandarin (the only Chinese I can speak) and English and the food is amazing...

BTW, don't be too freaked out by odex files, they are just "optimized" dex files. Most developers de-odex their ROMs, which takes the code from the odex files and assembles them into classes.dex within the apk. The standard HTC kitchen will do most of this in batch form, although it is getting a bit outdated, and some apks have to be deodexed with baksmali, specifying API level and dependencies. In fact, there was one file in the One X I had to build an unreleased version of baksmali for to get deodexed (phone). Anyway, ranting, the point is that the odex files generally are removed, then you can work on the ROM (although some swear the odexed ROMs are faster).

Steve
    Spanish, I could not find it in the Asian firmware.

It's in there. I just put espanol espana, and todo es en espanol. The keyboard also says its ES, but still need long press for some common symbols, like the "n"s in the previous sentence.

Hope this helps.

Steve