[ROM][P768][JB4.2.2][2013/09/22] PAC rom milestone.1 for P768 (unofficial)

Search This thread

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
PAC-man rom milestone.1 for P768

I give up on AOKP because it's GPS problem :p and went with this rom instead. As before I prefer to build a stable version rom. :D

All seem to work fine on my phone. You can adjust headset call volume (while calling - it's not work on CM 10.1.3 RC2, not test on CM10.2 because I don't use it). GPS take about 5-10 sec to lock without any fixed patch. And It include almost all AOKP main features with better additional apps from CM (most AOKP apps are from AOSP). Not sure about battery life because I always flash & testing but wifi seem to off while screen off for a long time (don't investigate further that this is a feature or bug.) I don't modified anything except swap internal/external sd, adjust volume, fix call reject and remap keyboard layout so it should stable as is on P760 phone.

This is an unofficial PAC-man rom JB4.2 milestone.1 build from source with original omap kernel (3.0.31-CM+). Please flash at your own risk. I've tested on my P768f so it should work on all L9 P768 phone.
No NFC support.

Only for P768 phone with Unlocked bootloader!
You must have sdcard in phone to use camera and gallery, If not please flash sdcard emulate patch

Features
  • Modified Kernel 30.0.31 CM+ for OMAP board.
  • Jellybean 4.2.2
  • Swap internal/external sdcard
  • Reduce headset volume and increase speaker volume (you can adjust headset volume while calling)
  • OC - 300, 600, 800, 1008, 1200 Not OC by default, must select max 1200 in Performance menu
  • UV - 925, 1075, 1175, 1275, 1350
  • Add SIO, SIOPLUS, FIFO, ROW and VR I/O scheduler
  • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, wheatley, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
  • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard).

How to install
  • Download rom and put it in sdcard.
  • Download Google Apps for CM10.1 and put it in sdcard.
  • Boot into recovery and Clear cache, dalvik cache and format /system. (Full wipe is recommended)
  • Flash rom, then flash Google Apps.
  • Flash sdcard re-enable patch if you has no sdcard (Skip this if you have sdcard in phone)
  • Reboot.

Download Link

Bugs / known issues
  • PAC 4.2 milestone.1 bugs
    • 1080 video recording not work
  • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone [Please insert it!]
  • com.android.media error if you reboot your phone and have usb cable connect. *** At first boot if you got this error (or any other error) your MAC address will missing. You have to format /data (I don't test it but maybe remove only /data/misc/wifi can solve this problem) and clear cache to recover it back in next reboot.

Version History
  • 2013/09/28 - Add kernel mod
    • OC - 300, 600, 800, 1008, 1200 Not OC by default, must select max 1200 in Performance menu
    • Add sanjose, lazy, interactiveX, wheatley, ondemandx, pegasusq, adaptive, adaptivex, smartass2, zenx and abyssplug CPU Governor
    • UMS (external), MTP (internal/external) and PTP all work, default to UMS, you can select MTP/PTP from "System Setting" > "Storage" > "Usb computer connection", I suppress old ICS UMS dialog so don't panic when it open and then suddenly close itself (no better solution for now, I do this because I don't want anyone to open it and press USB connect button. It'll unmount sdcard).
    • Bugs
      • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone
      • com.android.media error if you reboot your phone and have usb cable connect.
  • 2013/09/22 - Initial release
    • Original Kernel 30.0.31 CM+ for OMAP board.
    • Jellybean 4.2.2
    • Swap internal/external sdcard + access sdcard via MTP
    • Home button wake phone
    • Reduce headset volume and increase speaker volume (you can adjust headset volume while calling)
    • Bugs

Credits
  • CM, AKOP, PA and PAC Team for base rom & P760 device tree
  • artas182x for UV value
  • amnik & mateo1111 for kernel source that I review and add OC to this rom
  • dtrail1 for JBX Kernel, I get i/o schedule & cpu governor source from this kernel

Last edited:

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
HOW TO

Flash over last version
  1. You can flash new version over old version
  2. Put rom & gapps for CM10.1 in sdcard
  3. Boot to recovery
  4. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
  5. Flash rom & gapps
  6. Reboot

Flash this ROM over CM10.1
  1. This rom is not compatible to upgrade from CM 10.1, please do full wipe

Enable OC, change I/O scheduler and chnage CPU governor
  1. You need to enable developer mode on your phone, do it by
  2. Goto "System Setting" > "About phone" > Tap 7 times on "Build number". You're now enable developer mode.
  3. Goto "System Setting" > "Performance"
  4. Enable OC by select "Processor" and set "Maximum CPU frequency" to 1200
  5. You can also change CPU governor in that page, about what is it please refer to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 and http://translate.google.com/transla...013/01/governor-scheduler-tcp-bejegyzest.html
  6. You can change IO scheduler in "I/O scheduler", please read about it at https://www.vincentkong.com/wiki/android/android-io-schedulers/
  7. Please test all changes before select "Set on Boot" because if something go wrong you can reboot your phone to revert it.

Cannot connect to wireless access point
This problem mostly occur when you got some error at first boot. The problem is error interrupt startup service to write proper MAC address data to file. Your wifi mac address will be 00:00:00:00:00:00
  1. Use file manager or adb to delete /data/misc/wifi folder from your phone
  2. Reboot (disconnect usb cable to make sure there're no error at startup)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW TO

Flash over last version
    1. You can flash new version over old version
    2. Put rom & gapps for CM10.1 in sdcard
    3. Boot to recovery
    4. Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    5. Flash rom & gapps
    6. Reboot

Flash this ROM over CM10.1
    1. This rom is not compatible to upgrade from CM 10.1, please do full wipe

Enable OC, change I/O scheduler and chnage CPU governor
    1. You need to enable developer mode on your phone, do it by
    2. Goto "System Setting" > "About phone" > Tap 7 times on "Build number". You're now enable developer mode.
    3. Goto "System Setting" > "Performance"
    4. Enable OC by select "Processor" and set "Maximum CPU frequency" to 1200
    5. You can also change CPU governor in that page, about what is it please refer to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792369 and http://translate.google.com/transla...013/01/governor-scheduler-tcp-bejegyzest.html
    6. You can change IO scheduler in "I/O scheduler", please read about it at https://www.vincentkong.com/wiki/android/android-io-schedulers/
    7. Please test all changes before select "Set on Boot" because if something go wrong you can reboot your phone to revert it.

Cannot connect to wireless access point
    This problem mostly occur when you got some error at first boot. The problem is error interrupt startup service to write proper MAC address data to file. Your wifi mac address will be 00:00:00:00:00:00
    1. Use file manager or adb to delete /data/misc/wifi folder from your phone
    2. Reboot (disconnect usb cable to make sure there're no error at startup)
    PAC-man rom milestone.1 for P768

I give up on AOKP because it's GPS problem :p and went with this rom instead. As before I prefer to build a stable version rom. :D

All seem to work fine on my phone. You can adjust headset call volume (while calling - it's not work on CM 10.1.3 RC2, not test on CM10.2 because I don't use it). GPS take about 5-10 sec to lock without any fixed patch. And It include almost all AOKP main features with better additional apps from CM (most AOKP apps are from AOSP). Not sure about battery life because I always flash & testing but wifi seem to off while screen off for a long time (don't investigate further that this is a feature or bug.) I don't modified anything except swap internal/external sd, adjust volume, fix call reject and remap keyboard layout so it should stable as is on P760 phone.

This is an unofficial PAC-man rom JB4.2 milestone.1 build from source with original omap kernel (3.0.31-CM+). Please flash at your own risk. I've tested on my P768f so it should work on all L9 P768 phone.
    No NFC support.

Only for P768 phone with Unlocked bootloader!
    You must have sdcard in phone to use camera and gallery, If not please flash sdcard emulate patch

Features
    • Modified Kernel 30.0.31 CM+ for OMAP board.
    • Jellybean 4.2.2
    • Swap internal/external sdcard

How to install
    • Download rom and put it in sdcard.
    • Download Google Apps for CM10.1 and put it in sdcard.
    • Boot into recovery and Clear cache, dalvik cache and format /system. (Full wipe is recommended)
    • Flash rom, then flash Google Apps.
    • Flash sdcard re-enable patch if you has no sdcard (Skip this if you have sdcard in phone)
    • Reboot.

Download Link

Bugs / known issues
    • PAC 4.2 milestone.1 bugs
      • 1080 video recording not work
    • Camera will not work if no sdcard in phone [Please insert it!]
    • com.android.media error if you reboot your phone and have usb cable connect. *** At first boot if you got this error (or any other error) your MAC address will missing. You have to format /data (I don't test it but maybe remove only /data/misc/wifi can solve this problem) and clear cache to recover it back in next reboot.

Version History
    • 2013/09/28 - Add kernel mod
      • Bugs
    • 2013/09/22 - Initial release
      • Original Kernel 30.0.31 CM+ for OMAP board.
      • Jellybean 4.2.2
      • Swap internal/external sdcard + access sdcard via MTP
      • Home button wake phone
      • Bugs

Credits
    • CM, AKOP, PA and PAC Team for base rom & P760 device tree
    • artas182x for UV value
    • amnik & mateo1111 for kernel source that I review and add OC to this rom
    • dtrail1 for JBX Kernel, I get i/o schedule & cpu governor source from this kernel