Installing busybox

Search This thread

kylgore

Mar 4, 2007
Baltimore
To install busybox on a rooted gear 2, turn root on (sdb root on) and then push this package (download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/tizen-2.3-wearable_20140605.1/repos/tizen/armv7l/packages/armv7l/busybox-1.17.1-2.3.armv7l.rpm) to the device. Install the package (from a sdb shell on the watch) by typing "rpm -i busybox-1.17.1-2.3.armv7l.rpm".

This gets you VI (a CLI text editor) on the device. Very useful when editing xml and config files.

gav83collins

To install busybox on a rooted gear 2, turn root on (sdb root on) and then push this package (download.tizen.org/snapshots/2.3-wearable/common/tizen-2.3-wearable_20140605.1/repos/tizen/armv7l/packages/armv7l/busybox-1.17.1-2.3.armv7l.rpm) to the device. Install the package (from a sdb shell on the watch) by typing "rpm -i busybox-1.17.1-2.3.armv7l.rpm".

This gets you VI (a CLI text editor) on the device. Very useful when editing xml and config files.

Awesome. Thanks jumping straight on it

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
This is very good. Thanks.

But I wonder; do we have a use for Busybox on the Gear 2 yet ?

Thx.

rootmygear2

Jun 5, 2014
Hi, when I try any install, I get "installing package busybox-1.17.1-2.3.armv71 needs 188KB on the / filesystem"
I've tried putting the package on the "SD card" (storage for music, pictures etc.) but still nothing :(

You guys know any solutions?

oOamnesiaOo

Jul 13, 2010
Annapolis
Make sure root is on and that you mount the filesystem r/w (then be sure to mount r/o after)

sdb root on
sdb shell mount -o remount,rw /

for read-only------>

sdb shell mount -o remount,ro /

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm serious: do we have a use for Busybox on Gear 2 ?
    thx.

I said this in my initial post. It provides VI. Without VI (or another text editor), there's no way to edit files on the device without a push/pull. Maybe you don't need that, but it's very helpful to me, and I assume to others.