[Q] What the heck is this notification?

Search This thread

NotFromMountainView

Oct 25, 2013
Toronto
Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!

Last edited:

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Lately I've spotted a few odd notification on my phone - sometimes a cloud that seems unrelated to any specific cloud backup, and sometimes this nifty little circle (moon?). I don't recognize the icon in relation to any apps that I actually use (or might have installed), but it sure seems to want to tell me...something.

Can anyone please ID it for me (It's the first item - if you zoom in it looks to be crescent moon with stars, but on the phone I lazily only saw it as a circle in a circle or a drunken smiley maybe...) ? And if you have an idea on random cloud icons (not showing in this cap) that info would be appreciated as well!

ur phone is an eclipse

NotFromMountainView

Oct 25, 2013
Toronto
The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).

YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!

Last edited:

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
Pull down the notification bar, long press on the notification in question, and select app info when it pops up. That will let you know exactly what app it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
YES! Must be! I haven't kept track of when these notifications appeared & disappeared but they could quite easily align with Agent cycles. These icons must have appeared in some update because they sure weren't always there & I've been using, and loving, Sleep Agent for several months.

Now to go check Agent documentation to see what exactly those notifications are telling me. (Sleep mode is obvious, but the cloud/moon - weather? visibility? )

Thanks krohnjw!

The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).

NotFromMountainView

Oct 25, 2013
Toronto
The moon is now sleep. The clouds are no more (apparently the cloud for sleep was confusing). Otherwise it should be fairly self explanatory (the icons match those in the agent list in the app).

Those easily confused people out there. :silly:

Now that I know where to look the icon does make sense, but until you helped out I had no idea which of 200+ apps was creating this icon. If I remember correctly Agent used to put an A up top as well as notification on the shade (telling me both that I'm asleep & awake). It's a great app that's really become essential for me, but this change was (obviously!) confusing.
@nbell13 - I wasn't finding finding anything for this notification in the pull-down 'shade' hence my puzzlement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Clouds (now a moon) looks like Agent (Sleep Agent).