[Q] quick thought question...

Search This thread

Pure Heroine

Jul 5, 2014
Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :p

Side question... when you do the Easter egg... Why does an "S" pop up?

Metfanant

Jan 10, 2011
Ok so there are some people (like me) who bought they're Motorola Droid MAXX/Ultra/Mini with what I believe is the first OTA KitKat update... What if we factory reset our devices? Wouldnt that send the phone back to when we first got it? which would be root-able? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it would send the phone back to how it was when it first came out the box. The 4.4 update with the blue hue :p

No, factory reset does not change the system software in anyway...just deletes all of the data

Cgordon17

Oct 12, 2013

You can use rsd lite to go back to 19.5.3 to get the blue hue back

Rooted Droid Ultra

doogald

May 27, 2010

The first letter of the build number of the phone pops up. On nexus devices and now the Moto X, that's a "K" for kitkat, presumably. When 4.4 first came out on the X it was a "1". The build number on our phones is SU2-3.3 (currently).