The "Get workshed a New Phone" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Well, it's after February. Over 200 dollars were collected and given to workshed in appreciation for his work on the eris.
Wattnxt, thank you for managing the money.
For all who donated, me, watt, and shed all thank you for donating, of course. :)
I was gonna make this a "workshed appreciation thread" but that would clearly put down the efforts of all of the devs that worked on the eris, and i'm not here to spread the hate.

Last edited:

BigConna

Nov 19, 2011
www.bigconna.com
Which phone is he leaning towards?

I think the majority of the discussion is about the Rezound and the Galaxy Nexus. champdr0id moved it to this post to prevent the derailment of the development thread.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, wattnxt and champdr0id! I just donated $15. I hope everyone else can follow suit. If everyone donates at least $5-$10 we can easily meet or exceed the goal. See below for wattnxt's donation link.

http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4031799

Or click on the "Donate to me" button in the profile section of any of wattnxt's posts.

Cheers!

wattnxt

Apr 30, 2011
Ixonia
That is 100% correct, we are striving to pay Shed back for all he has done for so many of us.

Let me be clear that I am in no way diminishing the work that many other devs do for us here. But for many who have been with Shed in the Eris GSB thread, and have benefited from his work, it has become personal. This is our tribute to him and all he has done without asking for anything in return.

That said. I've started a collection to get Shed a new phone. The final choice will be his, but I believe the GN and Rezound are in the running.

Since there is really no good way to do this, here's the plan...

I cleared my donation account of all but $50, which is my initial donation to the cause. All donations for the month of February go to the Shed phone fund. If there is enough before the end of the month, I will make the domain to Shed in a lump sum with the names of all who donated. If there is more at the end of the month, that is his too....call it the accessory fund...lol.

I figure we should be able to get this done relatively quickly, considering all the people GSB has reached.

Thanks Shed. As a father of 3, I understand and appreciate the hours you spend in front of the the PC helping us all.

Sooooo, to donate...click on my donate link on this site and every penny in February goes to Shed.

Thanks everyone for coming together to thank a pillar of the dev community.

Jay

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

wattnxt

Apr 30, 2011
Ixonia
Ladies and gentlemen, on day 2 the fund now sits at $75. Thanks to Champdroid, and another donor who wishes to remain anonymous.

Keep it up everyone, we'll be there in no time.

Thanks everyone for making this possible to do for Shed.

Jay

Reactions: workshed

wattnxt

Apr 30, 2011
Ixonia
Just a friendly reminder, if you pledge, please don't forget to make your donation.

There has been some question on how to donate via the mobile app.

Click on my username, select more, user's profile, scroll down to paypal donation email. Tap on donation email, and it should bring up paypal with everything but your donation amount.

If you wish to remain anonymous, please state that on the notes field, otherwise your name will be added to the contributors list given to Shed when I post the lump sum to his paypal donation account.

Thanks everyone for making this possible.

As of now, the fund sits at just over $105.00. Though we currently have pledges for close to $200 so far.

Thanks again everyone for the support on this.

Still hoping he picks the GN, but hey...he could tank us all and pick the Razr....yeah right...but if he did, it's still his choice.

Thanks Shed...and everyone keep those donations coming, even $5 helps show your support for a pillar in the dev community.

Thanks,
Jay

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
I hope he picks the Droid Bionic. We could use some developers who have a following like this. I've never used any of his art (I consider rom developers artists) but I have to say it must have been pretty good to have people wanting to buy him a new phone as a thank you. I'm jealous, I get mass produced roms that are built on several devices and lose that personal feeling that you get when the developer actually uses the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

wattnxt

Apr 30, 2011
Ixonia
Some people prefer to donate to Shed directly, and I think that is fantastic.

I know the net is a place where we are all virtual strangers.

Donation received, the pot for Shed is now up to $165.00, not counting direct donations. If we can keep this up for another 2 weeks, Shed should be able to pick any phone he desires.

Thanks everyone for making this cumulative Thanks to Shed possible.

Reactions: workshed

Izeltokatl

I've seen a few devs get funds for new phones on the rezound side of the house by posting a similar thread within the new phone of choice thread.. I think workshed should decide the direction he wants to go. Then get one of those peeps to post for funds.

Sent from my android touchpad.

dragonrazorz

Jan 1, 2011
+1..............
I've seen a few devs get funds for new phones on the rezound side of the house by posting a similar thread within the new phone of choice thread.. I think workshed should decide the direction he wants to go. Then get one of those peeps to post for funds.

Sent from my android touchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it's after February. Over 200 dollars were collected and given to workshed in appreciation for his work on the eris.
    Wattnxt, thank you for managing the money.
    For all who donated, me, watt, and shed all thank you for donating, of course. :)
    I was gonna make this a "workshed appreciation thread" but that would clearly put down the efforts of all of the devs that worked on the eris, and i'm not here to spread the hate.
    That is 100% correct, we are striving to pay Shed back for all he has done for so many of us.

Let me be clear that I am in no way diminishing the work that many other devs do for us here. But for many who have been with Shed in the Eris GSB thread, and have benefited from his work, it has become personal. This is our tribute to him and all he has done without asking for anything in return.

That said. I've started a collection to get Shed a new phone. The final choice will be his, but I believe the GN and Rezound are in the running.

Since there is really no good way to do this, here's the plan...

I cleared my donation account of all but $50, which is my initial donation to the cause. All donations for the month of February go to the Shed phone fund. If there is enough before the end of the month, I will make the domain to Shed in a lump sum with the names of all who donated. If there is more at the end of the month, that is his too....call it the accessory fund...lol.

I figure we should be able to get this done relatively quickly, considering all the people GSB has reached.

Thanks Shed. As a father of 3, I understand and appreciate the hours you spend in front of the the PC helping us all.

Sooooo, to donate...click on my donate link on this site and every penny in February goes to Shed.

Thanks everyone for coming together to thank a pillar of the dev community.

Jay

He does. He's being humble as usual.

Ladies and gentlemen, on day 2 the fund now sits at $75. Thanks to Champdroid, and another donor who wishes to remain anonymous.

Keep it up everyone, we'll be there in no time.

Thanks everyone for making this possible to do for Shed.

Jay

And me! I don't want to be anonymous! =) I want everyone to see how much we support him.

I know it's early but how's the fund doing so far?

Cheers,
    BigConna