P600: A small observation and a couple of questions (Knox 0x1, TriangleAway, etc.)

Search This thread

Andmoreagain

Dec 19, 2013
I've noticed that there's been some discussion about the new knox bootloader in regards to rooting our device. Now, when I boot my I9505 into download mode I get this wall of text in the upper left corner telling me "knox warranty void 0x1 blah blah" and likewise when I boot into recovery captain obvious knox pops up in the corner reminding me that I'm running a custom recovery.

Now that I have rooted my tablet and flashed TWRP via Odin I have yet to see a single sign of that infamous knox flag. Download mode - nothing, recovery boot - nothing... nothing except my settings telling me my device status is custom, and even that can be spoofed via Wanam Xposed.

Am I missing something or is the knox bootloader simply not present in my firmware version? (XXUBMJ6 NEE/nordic countries)

Also, has anyone had success using TriangleAway on the P600 to reset the flash counter? Not that I currently need it, just curious..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

ahsenrauf

Jan 24, 2014
TWRP?

I've noticed that there's been some discussion about the new knox bootloader in regards to rooting our device. Now, when I boot my I9505 into download mode I get this wall of text in the upper left corner telling me "knox warranty void 0x1 blah blah" and likewise when I boot into recovery captain obvious knox pops up in the corner reminding me that I'm running a custom recovery.

Now that I have rooted my tablet and flashed TWRP via Odin I have yet to see a single sign of that infamous knox flag. Download mode - nothing, recovery boot - nothing... nothing except my settings telling me my device status is custom, and even that can be spoofed via Wanam Xposed.

Am I missing something or is the knox bootloader simply not present in my firmware version? (XXUBMJ6 NEE/nordic countries)

Also, has anyone had success using TriangleAway on the P600 to reset the flash counter? Not that I currently need it, just curious..

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

hi. I want to know how you flashed TWRP for P600 as i cant find the file anywhere on the internet. :(. I rooted it using a stock recovery. I froze the knoxx apps as they were interfering with my root and giving notifications on a security threat. Please any help with TWRP i cant find it.

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
Reactions: ahsenrauf

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
There is a big discussion about this in a german forum is use:
http://www.pocketpc.ch/samsung-gala...278-anleitung-root-fuer-note-10-1-2014-a.html

It's weird that the p600 does not have the same download mode display as the p605. It says nothing about knox on the p600 download mode. So the guys on the other forum are confident that triangle away should work to reset the counter on p600 because it's not a knox flag. But as far as I know Triangle Away does not support the note 10.1 2014 yet. So I guess we have to wait and see :)

Elim

Feb 17, 2008
Antwerpen
It's weird that the p600 does not have the same download mode display as the p605...
Strange, strange... because first I got this. See: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538464
But now the text in the left corner is missing. Maybe because I use the wanam tweck? This means that there is - maybe - no hardware flag :confused:

PS. Also when I open the system update in the settings, I didn't get any longer a warning that the update is blocked?! I got it in the beginning...

Last edited:

Andmoreagain

Dec 19, 2013
There is a big discussion about this in a german forum is use:
http://www.pocketpc.ch/samsung-gala...278-anleitung-root-fuer-note-10-1-2014-a.html

It's weird that the p600 does not have the same download mode display as the p605. It says nothing about knox on the p600 download mode. So the guys on the other forum are confident that triangle away should work to reset the counter on p600 because it's not a knox flag. But as far as I know Triangle Away does not support the note 10.1 2014 yet. So I guess we have to wait and see :)

Thanks for the reply and the link. :)

A "warranty void etc." message has popped up in download mode as of now but you're right, it says nothing about knox whatsoever, and the strange part is is that it didn't appear until I actually flashed a mod via recovery and wiped cache/dalvik. Before that there was no message in the corner, even though I had already flashed cf-root and TWRP via Odin.

Also when I open the system update in the settings, I didn't get any longer a warning that the update is blocked?! I got it in the beginning...

Same here. Even though there were no updates available at the time I last checked I got no warning message.

Maybe the P600 just has less security implementations than the other versions for whatever reason...

Last edited:

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
''Knox warranty void 0x1'' is the KNOX FLAG. It means that you cannot use the secure Knox container, and you will not get OTA update. Of course you can download and install new software updates.

Reactions: akaSM

Andmoreagain

Dec 19, 2013
''Knox warranty void 0x1'' is the KNOX FLAG. It means that you cannot use the secure Knox container, and you will not get OTA update. Of course you can download and install new software updates.

Yes, but it does not say anything about "KNOX" or "0x1" when I enter Download Mode. I should also correct what I said in my previous post. It doesn't say "Warranty Void" but rather "Warranty Bit: 1".

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-P600
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
WARRANTY BIT: 1​

This is identical to how it used to be on the old 4.2.2 non-knox bootloaders and it's NOT the Knox flag. It's the binary counter. :)

shayind4

Mar 24, 2008
London
Yes, but it does not say anything about "KNOX" or "0x1" when I enter Download Mode. I should also correct what I said in my previous post. It doesn't say "Warranty Void" but rather "Warranty Bit: 1".

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SM-P600
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
WARRANTY BIT: 1​

This is identical to how it used to be on the old 4.2.2 non-knox bootloaders and it's NOT the Knox flag. It's the binary counter. :)

I have SM-P605. I think Knox bootloader is present from 4.3 onward. If SM-P600 has Knox app in the apps drawer and Knox security apps under Application manager then it's likely to have a Knox bootloader Tripping the Knox flag means the Knox container can never be accessed or used again but the phone/tablet itself is OK for regular use. I have not come across a phone/tablet with Knox apps and non-Knox bootloader.

Knox has been mentioned in this SM-P600 thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618509

Last edited:

Andmoreagain

Dec 19, 2013
I have SM-P605. I think Knox bootloader is present from 4.3 onward. If SM-P600 has Knox app in the apps drawer and Knox security apps under Application manager then it's likely to have a Knox bootloader Tripping the Knox flag means the Knox container can never be accessed or used again but the phone/tablet itself is OK for regular use. I have not come across a phone/tablet with Knox apps and non-Knox bootloader.

Knox has been mentioned in this SM-P600 thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618509
Whether a Knox bootloader is present in the P600 or not, then at least the flag is not visible in download mode or during boot. Either way I'm satisfied as long as I don't have to be reminded every day that my tablet is running an unofficial kernel and recovery.

ComPas-V

Jul 17, 2007
Moscow
Help!!!!

I think I made the half brick from the P605.

The message SECURE CHECK FAIL: recovery - appiar when trying to use ODIN. (custom recovery)

The REACTIVATION LOCK is ON . How to avoid it????

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi. I want to know how you flashed TWRP for P600 as i cant find the file anywhere on the internet. :(. I rooted it using a stock recovery. I froze the knoxx apps as they were interfering with my root and giving notifications on a security threat. Please any help with TWRP i cant find it.

Here, download the .tar file 2.6.3.3 & flash via odin

http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/lt03wifiue