Htc Evo 4G Lte Display not SLCD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

damailmann1

Nov 25, 2010
covina
I have heard report that the Evo 4G Lte doesnt have the same display like the HTC One X. Instead of the SLCD 2,The Evo 4G Lte is using the IPS display with a 1280 x 720p HD resolution. So is the IPS display better than the SLCD2?

Rodderik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2010
devphone.org
I have heard report that the Evo 4G Lte doesnt have the same display like the HTC One X. Instead of the SLCD 2,The Evo 4G Lte is using the IPS display with a 1280 x 720p HD resolution. So is the IPS display better than the SLCD2?

i'm pretty sure the screen is identical...don't trust what you read into on htc's site

jdmclemore

Dec 18, 2010
At sprint.com, they list it as Super LCD:

Specs

Operating system
Android 4.0

Battery information
2000 mAh

Talk time
7.5 hours

Dimensions
5.3 x 2.7 x 0.35

Display
4.7" HD 720p Super LCD

Rodderik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2010
devphone.org

Howl4me

May 11, 2012
Bloomington
What I'm kind of wondering is if the 4g LTE will have any of the same screen problems/defects that the one x has been dealing with. I went through 5 one x's before just giving up and going back to my note until the new evo came out. Any thoughts?

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Well they're the same screen so I'd imagine you might be let down..What we're some of the issues one the one x screen I'd you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my sticky fingered ice cream sandwich Evo 3D

Last edited:

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
What I'm kind of wondering is if the 4g LTE will have any of the same screen problems/defects that the one x has been dealing with. I went through 5 one x's before just giving up and going back to my note until the new evo came out. Any thoughts?

Yes please what issues were you having?

Will

Howl4me

May 11, 2012
Bloomington
Here is a copy of the thread that is going around for the OneX problems. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585082

As far as the issues I had, when I/you pressed on the screen it would at act like you were pushing on an lcd laptop screen, you know how you get the waves and ripples. I think it has to do with how the screen was attached on the oneX. The Evo seems to be put together a bit different I believe, at least from what I can see. I don't know I was really looking forward to the oneX and that kind of just ruined it, I'm hoping the Evo is the one for me.

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
Here is a copy of the thread that is going around for the OneX problems. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585082

As far as the issues I had, when I/you pressed on the screen it would at act like you were pushing on an lcd laptop screen, you know how you get the waves and ripples. I think it has to do with how the screen was attached on the oneX. The Evo seems to be put together a bit different I believe, at least from what I can see. I don't know I was really looking forward to the oneX and that kind of just ruined it, I'm hoping the Evo is the one for me.

Interesting however I think some of these problems is due to the high res on a small screen these companies are doing this for the first time can't expect them to he perfect go check out the gn and their screen issues common denominator here between all the new phones and diff manufactures is the high res.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Reactions: Howl4me

Howl4me

May 11, 2012
Bloomington
Interesting however I think some of these problems is due to the high res on a small screen these companies are doing this for the first time can't expect them to he perfect go check out the gn and their screen issues common denominator here between all the new phones and diff manufactures is the high res.

I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't that mean that all of them would be that way? From what I was reading through there some people had ones that were working fine without the problems. Guess that's what was making me think default/quality control issue. I'll have to go check out the gn issues.

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't that mean that all of them would be that way? From what I was reading through there some people had ones that were working fine without the problems. Guess that's what was making me think default/quality control issue. I'll have to go check out the gn issues.

Working fine without problems is hard to say tho some people don't see or can live with it so they don't speak up. I think there is at least two threads for screen in the gn forum one for vzw n the other for sprint dk about the international lol you would think for as long as Samsung has been doing amoled they would have it near perfect everytime ya know? The minority is almody always the loudest group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts