Is Galaxy S3 getting hot at the bottom part after a long use?

Search This thread

apurvaas

Nov 17, 2007
Received my preorder galaxy s3 today from ATT.. It is simply amazing but device is getting hot at the bottom after prolonged use and while it is charging..

Is it just me or someone else is having similar issues..

Thanks So Much

Liferules

Feb 7, 2011
Yes, mine gets mildly warm. But that's after extensive use. Not sure about charging--will check.

grkmaster

Aug 19, 2010
I posted this in the other thread. For me it tends to while mild usage. I understand while charging but not when its not

naturefreak85

Jun 18, 2007
Boca Raton
I posted this in the other thread. For me it tends to while mild usage. I understand while charging but not when its not

The processor is running at all times. Then you also have to take into account screen brightness. With my phone's I notice the amount of time to heat depends on the screen brightness. The brighter the screen the faster it gets warm.

EugeneR

May 16, 2006
Dallas, TX
Not hot at all. Video, browsing, calls, Skype. Being warm - yes, but it's normal

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Liferules

Feb 7, 2011
I had a few hours today when it was warm just sitting in my pocket while in meetings with the screen off, etc... it may have been busy sync'ing emails, but shouldn't have been working too hard yet was definitely warm. Had to take it out of my pocket and set it on the table to cool myself off...

davidstech11

Jun 17, 2011
CA
Warm yeah. Uncomfortable NO. So far I am really enjoying my smartphone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

grkmaster

Aug 19, 2010
What's the normal phone temperature range where it's still ok.... My phone went up to 98degrees... Was uncomfortable for me to use

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

zan123

Nov 8, 2011
Mine got warm too when it was in pocket sitting..so got here looking for if someone has same issue and guess I'm not alone lol

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
Come on guys we are talking about dual core with 2 gig ram. It's almost a home laptop or desktop. And not to say there is no ****ing cpu fan installed so it normal for the phone to get little hot or warm after some use or charging. Even my ipbone 4s gets hot and that ****, is only running at 800 mhz

Liferules

Feb 7, 2011
I believe many of us are saying that the phone is getting hot while NOT using it - - just while it's in the pocket...

stan.s

Aug 29, 2010
NYC metro
I had it in the car with the charger connected, doing gps navigation while listening to music via BT and the wifi was on. After 30 minutes it was uncomfortably warm bordering on what I would call hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
I had it in the car with the charger connected, doing gps navigation while listening to music via BT and the wifi was on. After 30 minutes it was uncomfortably warm bordering on what I would call hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

It's the battery that gets hot. same as every other phone

riiviin

Sep 11, 2010
Mine gets warms at the bottom, but I've also been using it a lot than I generally use my phone simply because it's new. We have one of those laser temperature sensors at work. I will probably get some readings tomorrow.

jnichols959

Mar 1, 2011
I had an AT&T HTC One X for a few weeks and returned it because I wanted this phone. Same processor. It never got hot or even warm enough to notice when using a lot (charging or not). Still waiting for stock in stores to get the GS3 but this is a real bummer IMHO as it may not be something that root/ROMs/etc. can fix.

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
I may be wrong about this but I believe metal dissipates heat better than plastic. I'm an electrical contractor and I deal with LED bulbs alot and I've noticed that the same exact bulb in plastic gets hotter than the ones encased in metal... Take that for whatever you may.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
I may be wrong about this but I believe metal dissipates heat better than plastic. I'm an electrical contractor and I deal with LED bulbs alot and I've noticed that the same exact bulb in plastic gets hotter than the ones encased in metal... Take that for whatever you may.

Would rather have a "cheap" plastic phone that gets a little warm and can take a droptest better than a heavy "premium-feeling" cold metal phone that blocks the antennas and dents.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come on guys we are talking about dual core with 2 gig ram. It's almost a home laptop or desktop. And not to say there is no ****ing cpu fan installed so it normal for the phone to get little hot or warm after some use or charging. Even my ipbone 4s gets hot and that ****, is only running at 800 mhz