Trying to sell phone, but USB is broken?

Search This thread

nick130069

Sep 30, 2011
This does not appear to be a hard ware issue, I've tried multiple cables including the official HTC one, cleaned the port, phone charges fine, tried multiple computers and re-installed drivers many times.

What appears to be happening is a software issue on the phone side, I would assume is from running a custom kernel, I was using Elengacia 5.3 for quite sometime. Im not even sure what kernal I was using, most likely the one that was recommended with the rom.

Everything works fine but the USB mass storage, it cant even be detected in the boot-loader, Id like to reset all to stock so I can sell my device but that does not appear to be possible at the moment, this just came out of nowhere.

If anyone has even the slightest idea of what I could do, post away.
It would be convenient if I could flash another kernal via CWM.
I can flash roms if I get them on the phone via WIFI or data.

ATT ONE X + 64 GB

nick130069

Sep 30, 2011
this does not appear to be a hard ware issue, i've tried multiple cables including the official htc one, cleaned the port, phone charges fine, tried multiple computers and re-installed drivers many times.

What appears to be happening is a software issue on the phone side, i would assume is from running a custom kernel, i was using elengacia 5.3 for quite sometime. Im not even sure what kernal i was using, most likely the one that was recommended with the rom.

Everything works fine but the usb mass storage, it cant even be detected in the boot-loader, id like to reset all to stock so i can sell my device but that does not appear to be possible at the moment, this just came out of nowhere.

If anyone has even the slightest idea of what i could do, post away.
It would be convenient if i could flash another kernal via cwm.
I can flash roms if i get them on the phone via wifi or data.

Att one x + 64 gb

please help anyone!!!!